Hi + bufferbugger2

majkol

Hi + bufferbugger2

Post by majkol »

Hi all,

It's been a while since I was actively involved in the Buzz scene, but this weekend I decided to see if I could put together a little effect. And lo and behold - the bufferbugger2 was born. There was an original bufferbugger somewhere back in 2008 or so which was never released, but that source code it long gone, so this is version 2.

It's a very simple little thing: It continously records what it receives into a circular buffer, and you can play around with the read position, speed and direction to decide what comes out. You can also set it to loop at audio rate, so you can use it as a sort of primitive oscillator. I included a demo .bmx to give you a rough idea, but please play around with it and see what you think!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/73cjdhqc ... oxgsi&dl=0
mute

Re: Hi + bufferbugger2

Post by mute »

awesome, thanks majkol ! good to see you, look forward to trying this out
IXix

Post by IXix »

Hi Majkol, good to see you're still around. Thanks for the machine! :dance:
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Incredible!!! A new machine :dance: :dance: :dance:
Thank you!!
majkol

Post by majkol »

Mute, Ixix, makes me happy to see you're both still around the buzz-related parts of the interwebz! :dance:

And please feel free to share any thoughts or creations that come out of this - would be fun to hear!
majkol

Post by majkol »

And magmavander - another name I remember from the buzzchurch days! :dance: Nice to see you here!