Cannot load Zephod BLOK Modular Version 2015 into Buzz 1502

Buzztler

Cannot load Zephod BLOK Modular Version 2015 into Buzz 1502

Post by Buzztler »

:shock: Tried to load the latest version of Zephod BLOK Modular 2015 into Buzz 1502 (BLOK build September/2015) ... the old beta releases all work quite well, so what could be the reason? I checked for missing dll, could it be related to libsndfile? Buzz and all other plugins load fine on my WinXPSP3, but if I try BLOK 2015 I get an error message that Buzz has crashed, even the Debug-window freezes immediately, so I cannot see why Buzz chrashes ... :?

So, please all you :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: or master Zephod himself, what is going on ... has anybody an idea :?: :idea:
mridlen

Re: Cannot load Zephod BLOK Modular Version 2015 into Buzz 1

Post by mridlen »

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.... There's a new build of BLOK? Brb...
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Are you dropping both files in generators folder? If so that might be your problem.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:BLOK Modular 2015
Where did you get that from? I haven't seen a Blok update since 2011.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@IXix:
Where did you get that from? I haven't seen a Blok update since 2011.

Well there was no update on buzzmachines dot com, but there were several updates on Zephod's BLOK-related website. Now he has a new location checkout: http:slashslashblog.thisisnotrocketscience.nlslashprojectsslashblok-modularslash (slash stands for /) there you find the download link and much more (imo) amazing info ;)

@mridlen:
Are you dropping both files in generators folder? If so that might be your problem.
No, sorry I dropped everything in the right folder, one in generators and FX in effects folder, perhaps I'm missing a dll-file and the thing is somehow related to .NET ...?!

As I said above, all former betas work ... perhaps someone is on twitter or something else and can contact Zephod that way? His last sentence on the website referring zo BLOK Modular 2015 is:
batteries not included
:idea: and he seems to be a person with humor, so perhaps there is a trick on how to activate the batteries :?:

I'm still offline at home, so please be patient if I reply a bit late ...
Last edited by Buzztler on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Yay BLOK lives! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Yay BLOK lives!
So did it work for you? What may I miss on my PC :?: ... damn, my rockets don't fly :shock: :lol: :roll:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:
Yay BLOK lives!
So did it work for you? What may I miss on my PC :?: ... damn, my rockets don't fly :shock: :lol: :roll:
Nope, instacrash when I try to create one. Haven't got time to figure out why just now so I'll have to investigate later. If I can't figure it I'll see if I can catch Zephod and pick his brains.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@ IXix: it would be very nice if you could contact Zephod ... he also has his goldfish and platinumfish buzzmachines on his new website "rereleased 'cause he doesn't want them to disappear from the web". Well, I hope Zephod is still part of the Buzz community ... it's so damned amazing that the goldfish-buzzmachine seems to be only a virtual-copy of a real synth he created himself ...
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:@ IXix: it would be very nice if you could contact Zephod ...

I'll try to get a more useful answer from him later. :lol:
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Ehm, seems as if Zephod has really a big portion of humor ... and I have a talent to stumble across these traps :lol:
so, I had a look on Buzzmachines.com, seems as if I missed Version 274 ... ehm, well in this case it seems as if I have been mistaken before, when I said that there were some new versions after 2011 ... so finally good luck to us that Zephod doesn't tease us all ... I'm convinced he has better things to do than spreading non working machines for Buzz ... ;)
IXix

Post by IXix »

Talking to him now, trying to figure it out. He's always extremely helpful. It looks like it's my (and probably your) tired old computer. Tried several different builds of this and that without success so far but I'm confident it will work in the end. :)

edit: Been chatting since 12:35. He's really, really, very helpful.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Zeph has fixed it! Some slightly arcane SSE related thing. He'll update the files online soon. :dance:

edit: New files online. Hope it fixes your problem too.
Zephod

Post by Zephod »

lo!

Nice to find people are still working with this stuff :-)

I'm slowly polishing up the new features in the 2015 version - I'll try to timestamp the builds, but there might be some parameter-space breaking changes in the updates of the new blocks (notably: filter2, simplesampler, eq3) and the new master effects (especially delay is a bit dodgy/incomplete right now)

The new build needs vs2015 redist + the libsndfile dll, but libsndfile should be part of the latest buzz.

The batteries not included comment was mostly about the total lack of documentation and the untested nature of most of the features.. But i had to get something out again to get myself moving.

The latest version is SSE2-only.. which is a bit sad since CPU's have moved on towards SSE3, AVX and AVX2. I might include a fully I7 optimized build later - things really got a lot faster with VS2015.
IXix

Post by IXix »

:dance:
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Zephod wrote:
Nice to find people are still working with this stuff :-)
Well, I'm almost convinced every member of the buzzscene is also happy that people like you :ugeek: still develop such nice machines for Jeskola Buzz ... btw. I'm deeply impressed about the stuff you present on your notrocketscience-page ... all this amazing circuit boards ... and so ...

So, thank you for putting some more work into BLOK ... I grabbed the new version right now and will test it at home ... hope it works ... I'll give feedback tomorrow ...

@IXix: thank you very much for your help and for contacting Zephod ...

have a nice day ...
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Buzztler wrote:it's so damned amazing that the goldfish-buzzmachine seems to be only a virtual-copy of a real synth he created himself ...
You know there is real money in this idea.... if someone would release a good synth keyboard that had a VST (and in Zephod's case, probably a lightweight Buzz machine version too) that sounded exactly like it. It would make playing live so much easier. I've been kind of considering getting Discovery Pro and a Nord, but I don't really like Nord's quirky pitch bend and mod wheel.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@ Zephod: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0 ----- :dance: Lift off ***** BLOK 2015(1) works pretty well now on my Prescott powered "hot" WinXP3-System (after I installed the new vcr-redistibutable you linked on your homepage) ... I can only hope you can keep Buzz and its machines downward compatible, 'cause I'll have a look at first what MS plans with Win10 ... I want to have the final control over the updates, if I'll ever go online ... Well, at the moment I have the plan to "upgrade" to Win7 a s a concession to Buzz, cause the Win7 driver for the soundchip on my Board seems to be much better than the one for XP ...

@ mridlen: Good luck for your videoproject - guess we'll all have a look at it, so do it as professional as you can ... and referring to a Nord ... you seem to be a real "gourmet" ;) ... I'm still "hammering" on my discounter keyboards :lol: ... but as long as I have some fun with it I think it is o.k. ...
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Where can I get this new version of BLOK?