Problem with the Zoom H1 Mic and Buzz and or Polac's ASIO In

Buzztler

Problem with the Zoom H1 Mic and Buzz and or Polac's ASIO In

Post by Buzztler »

]I tried to connect the "Zoom H1 Mic" via a normal analog in and with Polac ASIO and just get some noise sound, but no accurate recording. It works with my cheap microphones, but the sound of the Zoom is a lot better (imo). So is there a chance to get it to work, or should I connect it as an USB-Mic, is this possible? How can I choose it as an USB-recording instance then?

It would be nice to get it to work, cause I record some voice recording. It works as USB-Mic very well in Audacity, but in this setup I cannot use the fantastic Buzz-Effects (esp. limiter) in real time and the refinishing eats a lot of time ... .

Thx in advance and happy buzzin' ...
Last edited by Buzztler on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
polac

Re: Problem with the Zoom H1 Mic and Buzz and or Polac's ASI

Post by polac »

Hard to say what's happening. Does it help to enable "generate cpu load on asio thread" in the polac asio dialog(hidden in the arrow down button)? In my case I get crackle noise when recording from the inputs unless I enable the generate cpu stuff.
Buzztler

Re: Problem with the Zoom H1 Mic and Buzz/Polac's ASIO - Sol

Post by Buzztler »

polac wrote:Hard to say what's happening.
:oops: Indeed it is hard to say. Well, you won't believe it but I tried it on another computer this weekend and the good old classic Zoom H1 worked like a charm with buzz and your loader :dance: .

The first time I have almost no latency when recording through a chain with a whole bunch of plugins. I still use the classic H1 not the H1n and therefore I wanted to have the possibility to use the fine Jeskola Limiter as one part of the recording chain, works great :ugeek: .

I also have been able now to select H1 very easily in the control panel of ASIO for all. The noise that I heared during the former attempts seems to be simply 'caused by the high input level of the H1 (it normally starts at 85 percent and I got the best results with my voice at 12 percent).
I'll check the other computer-system again, perhaps I always connected the Zoom H1 to the computer after I already started Buzz, not sure, but I know now that the Mic has to be connected first to show up in Audacity, Buzz etc.

I'll also have to check out the H1 as an USB-Interface (USB-Mic and USB-Interface Option work since software 2.0 came out).

Well I can only say your loader and "Polac ASIO" (still under XP SP3 sometimes) works definately "superb".

So finally sorry for my question and I'll also try the CPU-option you mentioned here ... take care ... (and I still wait for an updated Wave-editing Option in Matilde 3 ;))
Edit: Hello again, "Sir" Polac. I just have one wish for the Matilde2-Wave-Editor that you have built, could you please insert an option to choose, if the edited wav-files are stored in the bmx or not? This would be fantastic (imo).