spike burst bug on buzz start, play

UNZ

spike burst bug on buzz start, play

Post by UNZ »

i observed something strange: make a bxm with sineynth->master. now SOMETIMES when you start buzz and press play, it has a 1 sample peak with like +maxfloat. i can reproduce it maybe 1 time out of 5

build 1453
mute

Re: spike burst bug on buzz start, play

Post by mute »

I have seen this at the begining of wav's created with the HD recorder and 'render loop'.. I was thinking it was related to doing 'render loop' after stopping current playback but not waiting for the audio to "finish".. such as with delayed output n whatnot. This may not be 100% related to your topic though, but sounds like it may be...
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

hm maybe related.

the one i observed happens after a fresh start of buzz, then load the bmx with sinesynth connected to master (and a pattern for it of course), the first time you hit play.

its easy to reproduce. maybe you can test. Btw i run at 88.2.

whats interesting is that the float number is not just a little above 1.0, its HUGHE. if you'd normalize a 32bit float file containing it, you'd not hear any sound anymore.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

that´s one huge number.
not sure if this is the same thing but
i randomly notice a very short burst when generally opening a bmx and start playing.
so (atleast for me) it happens with different machines but only in a freshly opened instance of buzz.
when opening the bmx directly (outside buzz) the burst does not occur.

i am not able to reproduce your issue with 44.1 / 32float.
i will test with 88.2 later.