wavetable stuff

UNZ

Re: wavetable stuff

Post by UNZ »

this happened when i dragged a few wav files onto the multi-layer panel in the wavetable (start offset seems to be set to negative values sometimes):

commadore65

Post by commadore65 »

UNZ wrote:could you please stop this offtopic bullshit, we're trying to work in this thread ;)
yeah soz.

just quite exciting.. I got carried away.
intoxicat

Post by intoxicat »

mute wrote:omg intox. :D welcome back sir.
Thanks! I didn't even realise I had been away. Just... busy... :)
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

some (all?) commands change the samplerate back to original (if you edited it before on the bottom left pane). probably all the options get reset (loop points etc too).

steps to reproduce:
1) load wav into slot
2) change samplerate in the bottom left panel
3) delete a part from the wav in the editor
4) samplerate is reset to original

on a related note: making a copy of a slot should probably also copy ALL its attributes like samplerate and loop points etc. It currently ignores everything.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

copy paste in wavetable makes the copy mono...

steps to reproduce:
1) insert wav into slot
2) click COPY
3) select another slot click PASTE
4) wav is mono now but twice the length
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Unz with the NecroBump!

Unz and I have put some time aside next week to work on fixing bugs in the new wavetable, so if anyone has had problems, now is the time to let us know. Please tell us problem you have seen, the steps necessary to recreate the bug, what buzz version you are on, and what windows version you have.

We will be fixing bugs before adding any new features, but if we solve things faster then expected we might get to some of the new features too. In other words, you can make requests for new features but it's unlikely we'll be able to get to them.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

loading some wavs into the wavetable results in -2 as the loop start point.
negative values should not be possible ?
i tried a lot of stereo wavs and many showed this problem.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

just so we remember this:
-mixing 16 and 24 bit wav layers in the same wave slot is buggy
<@oskarix> yeah it's because the WF_NOT16BIT flag is shared by all layers

possible workaround might be to convert all layers to 24 or 32 bit if you load a WF_NOT16BIT
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

another one to remember:

when a layer other than 0 is edited, we rebuild the whole slot. after this happens the view is reset to layer 0. we should make it so the view goes to the layer you edited again after you executed a command.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

WAVETABLE DAY FIXES

buzz 1482 now includes all the fixes by mtronic and myself:
GET IT NAO :)

http://jeskola.net/buzz/

--- Build 1482 - Sunday, 05 May 2013 13:30:38 UTC
- wavetable bugfixes by antonio and mtronic:
- fixed negative loopstart bug
- changed copy/paste behaviour on the wavetable slots
- internal copy/paste copies the entire waveslot (loop points etc)
- fixed mono bug with external paste
- improved mouse selection of wave, will go right to left now
- fixed delete, trim, and saveselection commands
- format is kept after edit (keep samplerate and loop points if possible)
- fixed selection events (right to left works properly now)
- added WaveformCommandHelpers class
- added WaveClip class (for serializing waveslot into clipboard)
- cleaned up a lot of wavetable code to make it easier to extend
ags

Post by ags »

wavetable high five.

~~
TT
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

UNZ wrote:another one to remember:

when a layer other than 0 is edited, we rebuild the whole slot. after this happens the view is reset to layer 0. we should make it so the view goes to the layer you edited again after you executed a command.
When you say "layer" you're talking about the multi-sample layering business at lower left? Does that actually work? Any time I've tried adding layers in there I only end up hearing one of the samples.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

snowglobe wrote: When you say "layer" you're talking about the multi-sample layering business at lower left? Does that actually work? Any time I've tried adding layers in there I only end up hearing one of the samples.
yes that's the layers. i don't know if any machine uses them but it is possible iirc. we'll extend their functionality in the wavetable view later if we have time, but we needed to make sure the bugs were gone first...
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

mantratronic wrote:
snowglobe wrote: When you say "layer" you're talking about the multi-sample layering business at lower left? Does that actually work? Any time I've tried adding layers in there I only end up hearing one of the samples.
yes that's the layers. i don't know if any machine uses them but it is possible iirc. we'll extend their functionality in the wavetable view later if we have time, but we needed to make sure the bugs were gone first...
they do work in matilde (assign two different root notes..). But yeah, i don't think that whole feature is ready to use to be honest, there isn't even a way to delete layers in the new gui right now.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

UNZ wrote: they do work in matilde (assign two different root notes..). But yeah, i don't think that whole feature is ready to use to be honest, there isn't even a way to delete layers in the new gui right now.
Ah, success. But, to actually get a layering result it seems (currently) necessary to do per-root triggers on separate tracks?? - wonky as heck that way (may as well just use multiple wavetable slots unless space has become an issue). Anyway, not ready for use, as you say, and not your priority at this point, I understand. Plus, there are excellent, free sample-layering options already out there in VST/i land, (Shortcircuit and Shortcircuit 2 ftw, amiright?). Still, it's nice to see all your efforts on the native stuff, lads.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

snowglobe wrote:
UNZ wrote: they do work in matilde (assign two different root notes..). But yeah, i don't think that whole feature is ready to use to be honest, there isn't even a way to delete layers in the new gui right now.
Ah, success. But, to actually get a layering result it seems (currently) necessary to do per-root triggers on separate tracks?? - wonky as heck that way (may as well just use multiple wavetable slots unless space has become an issue). Anyway, not ready for use, as you say, and not your priority at this point, I understand. Plus, there are excellent, free sample-layering options already out there in VST/i land, (Shortcircuit and Shortcircuit 2 ftw, amiright?). Still, it's nice to see all your efforts on the native stuff, lads.
yeah, layer support will improve significantly over the next few updates we planned, i hope. and once that's done it might be time to revive my tracker project to replace matilde and make proper use of all these features ;)
nikto

Post by nikto »

In the initial post the rx2 support is noted. But the sample browser doesn't show .rx2 files in the folder. Are they supported or not?
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

nikto wrote:In the initial post the rx2 support is noted. But the sample browser doesn't show .rx2 files in the folder. Are they supported or not?
Its a todo list. Not supported yet.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Is there any way to play the selected area of a sample in the editor?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

esp81 wrote:Is there any way to play the selected area of a sample in the editor?
not yet, need to wait for a change from oskari