buzz forums

forums of the buzz
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:48 am 

mridlen wrote:
I'm getting load errors on BiFilter 1.61 when setting up my new laptop (old laptop had an electronic failure of some sort). Not to worry, I keep good backups of everything. However, I cannot figure out how to troubleshoot this problem.

OS Platform is Windows 10 64-bit, with the usual 32-bit Buzz install.

Running the latest pvst builds 1.1.10b build 30.

I've gotten all my other errors cleared up (had some issues with Synthmaster, but it turned out that I had just loaded up the 64-bit dll instead of the 32-bit one) but this is the final nagging issue with getting migrated to Windows 10

Error Message
Title bar just says "Load Error" and the body contains the path to the DLL.

I have 2 sources I could find for this VST (shared for your convenience):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggusv1wjnt8yg ... p.exe?dl=0

Just the dll file and manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wy6wdij80uze ... znpMa?dl=0

Thanks for the help in advance! And thanks Polac for the best VST support of any DAW.

Perhaps there is a missing dll. Did you try to run dependancy walker to find out which dlls are missing? Perhaps you have to install some older c++ redistributables.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:51 pm 

Hi i have noticed that using prevent focus stealing stops me from saving the preset with a different name. When i click on the name to change it nothing happens or press a letter on my keyboard a note is played instead of changing preset name. When focus stealing is off i can change names no problem latest buzz and polac win 7. Happens with every synth i have tried it with

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:39 pm 

There is a similiar effect I noticed while being in prevent focus stealing mode:
Some synth allow to enter values by typing in drop down menus or text fields or what ever, but you can't in that mode.
May be it's the same issue.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:41 pm 

Everyone has been updating there ui for hd. I cannot remember it being a problem in the past even with pfs on ?.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:56 am 

Prevent focus stealing is meant to be used only with selected vsts, if for example the plugin always steals the focus on clicking a knob or fader without a good reason. If a plugin really requires pc keyboard input you have to disable the prevent focus stealing feature of course.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:57 am 

polac wrote:
Prevent focus stealing is meant to be used only with selected vsts, if for example the plugin always steals the focus on clicking a knob or fader without a good reason. If a plugin really requires pc keyboard input you have to disable the prevent focus stealing feature of course.

i think it would be cool if the "prevent focus stealing" option was made more accessible so you could enable/disable it quickly. Like maybe make it an entry in the EDIT Menu. It's a godsend for keyjazzing on all those VST that insist on having built in patch browsers that requires mouse clicks (while of course stealing focus.. such a dumb design but seems pretty prevalent...). It's at least as important as all the other options in the EDIT menu (like Oversampling, Run In Separate Process, Freeze etc), so it wouldn't be missplaced there imho.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:30 am 

Quote:
i think it would be cool if the "prevent focus stealing" option was made more accessible so you could enable/disable it quickly. Like maybe make it an entry in the EDIT Menu. It's a godsend for keyjazzing on all those VST that insist on having built in patch browsers that requires mouse clicks (while of course stealing focus.. such a dumb design but seems pretty prevalent...). It's at least as important as all the other options in the EDIT menu (like Oversampling, Run In Separate Process, Freeze etc), so it wouldn't be missplaced there imho.

Yes I also thought about this, I'll add this to the next loader version.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:19 pm 

Just reinstalled my machine, and had a few of the usual hiccups you always have through such a process, and I noticed one thing: Polac VST only added a VST folder sitting inside the Buzz folder. It did not discover the real VST folder where all the plugins are installed. I don't know if maybe I missed some setup-procedure of pvst here, that would have caused it to find the real VST folder of the OS?

Did I goof up something or is it necessary to manually tell pvst where the VST folder is?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 am 

Joachip wrote:
Just reinstalled my machine, and had a few of the usual hiccups you always have through such a process, and I noticed one thing: Polac VST only added a VST folder sitting inside the Buzz folder. It did not discover the real VST folder where all the plugins are installed. I don't know if maybe I missed some setup-procedure of pvst here, that would have caused it to find the real VST folder of the OS?

Did I goof up something or is it necessary to manually tell pvst where the VST folder is?

It only recognizes the folder inside the buzz folder, the default vst folder in programs folder is not recognized if i remember correctly(not sure however, have to check).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:58 pm 

polac wrote:
Quote:

Yes I also thought about this, I'll add this to the next loader version.

Nice to hear there is a new version of pvst coming out :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:15 pm 

I am trying to use kontakt 5 x64 in X64 win7 Buzz latest version Polac latest version. I am having a problem with kontakt instruments not being saved along with the song. They are coming back blank after saving. So any work u have put into the instruments is lost. Especially u spent a couple of hours building a nice rack of instruments. To open as blank instruments is a real bummer. Kontakt keeps crashing as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:25 pm 

memtest 86 first i think.Faulty ram looks like

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17