new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

mantratronic

Re: new pvst beta (updated 09-Apr-2012)

Post by mantratronic »

new freeze feature is great, now i get to use corona for every instrument i can think up at once on my laptop! i had to restart buzz after switching to your driver, which was initially confusing.

btw, use a vst effect, and you have the hd bouncing/streaming that lots of people have been asking for! :D :dance:
mimp

Re: new pvst beta (updated 06-Mar-2012)

Post by mimp »

I'm having a little trouble. Vst loaders are working fine and dandy, but whenever I try to switch to the Polac ASIO driver I get a little popup with 'Bad Device'
I'm unable to access the Config panel so I'm unsure which device is causing this error, although I have my suspicions (see below)

The default buzz ASIO driver works fine.
I'm running a core i7 2600k / win 7 pro x64 / buzz x86 1464 / polac asio x86 b26 / RME HDSP 9652 setup, I've tried using buzz x64 and polac x64 and also tried rolling back a bit (to polac b6) to see if that sorted things out. Same error.

I've also got Pro Tools 10 installed, which has it's own asio driver that appears at the top of the list in the buzz ASIO config. Now if I choose the avid driver in the default buzz asio I get an 'Asio Init failed' message.

I'm guessing that Avid being Avid, their driver is in some way non-standard and breaks stuff, and that your loader bails if the first asio driver it encounters does Bad Things.
That's my hunch at any rate.

WASAPI and Polac WDM both work fine.
double07 wrote:
mute wrote:everyone should think about clicking on that donate button @ http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/ every once and awhile, i just did ;]
Yeah good call, donated :)
Just did the same, been using this loader for donkeys and never given a penny so consider it gratitude rather then a bugfix bribe :-) On the plus side either something you've done or something XILS-lab did has got the XILS3/ilok plugin working wonderfully, so sending a big metaphorical hug your way for that one.
mimp

Post by mimp »

Yup that was it, did a regedit search for polac and pasted in ASIO Hammerfall DSP where it once said something dirty about Avid and now all is fine.

( the key you are looking for is 'DriverName' or 'DriverName64', it's under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Jeskola/Buzz/Polac ASIO/ )
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Hello, THANK YOU for the amazing work you've put into this! Love these loaders man! One thing, has anyone been having an issue with the PSP plugs, like N20 for instance? the dry signal only feeds through the left, nothing is coming out of the right speaker, not sure what is happening...
polac

Post by polac »

Tiadiad wrote:Hello, THANK YOU for the amazing work you've put into this! Love these loaders man! One thing, has anyone been having an issue with the PSP plugs, like N20 for instance? the dry signal only feeds through the left, nothing is coming out of the right speaker, not sure what is happening...
Hi, i checked the n2o plugin, the problem is that the plugin does not return proper information about it's input/output connections. However you can configure the inputs/outputs by hand in the preferences(per-plugin tab). I would say setting up two stereo inputs should work here.
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Thanks a billion man! Going to try this tonight after work :D
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

OMG!!!! YOU FIXED IT!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!
domtron

Re: new pvst beta (updated 06-May-2012)

Post by domtron »

:D
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Hello, ok, so I have a new problem :shock: With the b23 loaders the Waves Kramer Master Tape plugin loaded fine, but with b24, it doesn't. Not sure what's happening. The PSP plugs work like a charm. I contacted Waves customer service, and they told me that waves products do not support Buzz hehehe, well, I guess they do, theyre just idiots. Hoping this can be fixed :D
polac

Post by polac »

Tiadiad wrote:Hello, ok, so I have a new problem :shock: With the b23 loaders the Waves Kramer Master Tape plugin loaded fine, but with b24, it doesn't. Not sure what's happening. The PSP plugs work like a charm. I contacted Waves customer service, and they told me that waves products do not support Buzz hehehe, well, I guess they do, theyre just idiots. Hoping this can be fixed :D
That might happen if you using the vst3 version of this plugin(if there is one). Unfortunately I had to change something which breaks projects using a vst3 plugin. In any case you have to rescan the shell plugins again via preferences->"scan shell". Then you should be able to load the plugin again in a new project, however if you have an old song not loading the plugin you have to replace the vst3shell.core found in your vst folder with the b23 version.
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

YEAH BABY!!! You're the man, the MAN I tell you! Another problem bites the dust, and each time you knock them out with a single advice! Maybe we could try some matters of the heart? So...I have this girlfriend who is CRAZY, and ummm...
On a serious note, thanks a bunch man, you fixed another one of my headaches. Master Tape is alive again.
Shro0m

Midivst timing issue when using machines with latency > 0

Post by Shro0m »

Hello polac,

I've just noticed that if one add any machine which reports latency > 0 back to buzz, it be will compensated for (global setting in buzz).
This again seems to screws up the midi timing when using midivst.
I tested this with midivst (external gear) and adding joachips Neptune (latest version).

I had a quick chat with Oskari, who now has updated buzz with a new callback "GetTotalLatency callback".
So I'm hoping that perhaps you could update the midivst so the midi timing will be correct when using machines with latency

Anyway, thanx for your great work with PVST :]
polac

Re: Midivst timing issue when using machines with latency >

Post by polac »

Shro0m wrote:Hello polac,

I've just noticed that if one add any machine which reports latency > 0 back to buzz, it be will compensated for (global setting in buzz).
I tested this with midivst (external gear) and adding joachips Neptune (latest version).

I had a quick chat with Oskari, who now has updated buzz with a new callback "GetTotalLatency callback".
So I'm hoping that perhaps you could update the midivst so the midi timing will be correct when using machines with latency

Hi, thanks for the info, i'll upload an updated loader version this weekend. Works fine here so far :).
Shro0m

Re: Midivst timing issue when using machines with latency >

Post by Shro0m »

polac wrote:
Shro0m wrote:Hello polac,

Hi, thanks for the info, i'll upload an updated loader version this weekend. Works fine here so far :).
Awesome. Thanks a bunch :]
boombaxx

Re: new pvst beta (updated 22-Jul-2012)

Post by boombaxx »

Hi i am trying to use Kontakt 5 player in buzz every time i load an instrument it just hangs and crashes buzz with vst32.exe left in the process list. When i load a multi it works fine K4 works perfectly but just bought a couple of libs from NI that need K5. I tried them in Reaper and they work fine Latest Buzz build and PVST win 7 64
polac

Post by polac »

boombaxx wrote:Hi i am trying to use Kontakt 5 player in buzz every time i load an instrument it just hangs and crashes buzz with vst32.exe left in the process list. When i load a multi it works fine K4 works perfectly but just bought a couple of libs from NI that need K5. I tried them in Reaper and they work fine Latest Buzz build and PVST win 7 64
Perhaps it helps to uncheck "Embedded Vst Gui" setting in the bridge options. Btw. you can also access these options while the mouse cursor hovers over the opened vst gui and holding the Ctrl+Shift keys.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

ctrl shift while hovering over the vst gui does not seem to do anything. Tried various vsts
polac

Post by polac »

boombaxx wrote:ctrl shift while hovering over the vst gui does not seem to do anything. Tried various vsts
Sorry, ctrl+alt was meant :mrgreen:
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Hi still crashing tried all the various settings in the bridge menu no joy :cry:
polac

Post by polac »

Hi, i tried the kontakt 5 player without any problems here, it loads the instruments fine. However it can freeze on instrument load if you have the "autostop process on silence" option enabled.