new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

mirens

Re: new pvst beta (updated 29-Apr-2018)

Post by mirens »

Thank you!
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Request if you are updating polac vst the polac audio in only offers 2 channels?. It would be cool if it could see all the inputs of the soundcard. If this could be recorded into the wavetable some how
domtron

Post by domtron »

b31 works very well,i only updated the asio waveout because that's the only new file it seems.
There is one minor niggle though.When rendering using the Buzz hard disk recorder, at the end i'm getting the Windows 10 blue circle (i'm on 1803) and it take some seconds longer to finish the render.I'm almost afraid that Buzz (x64) is crashing but it gets the job done.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Oh bugger. It still crashes when loading a BMX that addresses inputs or outputs that aren't available... e.g. when receiving a bmx from someone who has more ins/outs, or when loading a bmx on a system where some of the soundcards are turned off or otherwhise removed.

Here I have a rack unit powered off:
http://www.robotplanet.dk/f/buzzf/syste ... n_8out.mp4

And when I have it powered back on, the same bmx works again:
http://www.robotplanet.dk/f/buzzf/syste ... _32out.mp4

I've made three bmx files that use input and/or output 29, so I don't think very many people can load any of these:
http://www.robotplanet.dk/f/buzzf/Polac ... utputs.bmx
http://www.robotplanet.dk/f/buzzf/Polac_Many_Inputs.bmx
http://www.robotplanet.dk/f/buzzf/Polac ... utputs.bmx

I noticed something though: It looks like it crashes a bit more slowly now than before this bugfix. Like, I get to see everything on the screen for a second or two before it crashes, so I think something has changed a bit. My suspicion is that, before this fix it would crash right away. But now it crashes once audio processing reaches the next buffer or something. I had Shro0m test this and he gets the same crashes on all three files.

As far as I can see, only "wo_pasio.dll" has changed, but not "Polac Asio In.dll" or "Polac Asio Out.dll"? Is that right?

Error #1 ".NET Runtime" from the event log:

Application: buzz.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00463959

Error #2 "Application Error" from the event log:

Faulting application name: buzz.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x569a6b9e
Faulting module name: buzz.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x569a6b9e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00063959
Faulting process id: 0x1600
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f0f9edf7e4f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio\Buzz\buzz.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio\Buzz\buzz.exe
Report Id: f2a904bc-6d63-433c-a0d1-1dcaef435d93
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
domtron

Post by domtron »

Don't ask me why but the waiting (Windows 10 blue circle after rendering) is gone.Now it works as before.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Is "Run in separate process" supposed to work for VST effects too? Because my three reverbs seem to be struggling over the same core. One will run just fine, but two causes stuttering, and three causes even more stuttering. What I notice is that Buzz shows all three using 33% cpu.

As soon as one reverb stops processing and another one uses far less CPU, the first one gets much more cpu time (72%), and things stop stuttering:

Also, the total CPU use (TaskManager) remains the same corresponding to Buzz + some overhead. Is the "Run in separate" thing only for generators? I've tried many different settings inside the "Options" section.

PS: I'm using a Core i7 2600 (4 cores + 4 hyperthreading = 8 threads in total) and the routing should make it possible to run them in parallel, I think?

rav

Post by rav »

Thanks for the new, hot version of your plugin! :dance:

I have very annoying issue with "Polac MIDI In".
Use more than one "Polac MIDI In" machine with selected records in right click menu "MIDI In Device" and "MIDI Send". Then after reopening BMX / restarting Buzz there are no "MIDI Send" destinations any more (or it is only in one "Polac MIDI In" machine from a few).
If im not mistaken this machine have some sort of older "MIDI Send" feature and you cant send midi directly to machines like Snowglobe Scalewalker.

Could you look at this, please?

Another small thing i have noticed long time ago, is that attributes are not saved in presets in Polac Buzz Wrapper.

Cheers!
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Oh, bonus question about the wrapper: It seems to be able to run 64-bit VST plugins from 32-bit Buzz?!? I thought that was impossible to do? I mean, many 64-bit DAWs can't even load 32-bit plugins, and you're doing it the other way around? That's super impressive!

Like Elon Musk landing and re-using rockets even though most of the scientific community told him "that's totally impossible to do". :D
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Buy danish christmas-trees to support buzz-development! ;)
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

Just installed the latest beta and now I can't select any of the Polac outputs (ASIO, etc) from Preferences.

I'm sure it's something stupid I'm overlooking. By "install" I mean I extracted the zips in the \Buzz\ directory so they overwrote the old machines.

Luckily, for once in my life I thought ahead and backed up my old installation before overwriting - deleting my \Buzz\ folder and extracting the backup restores functionality.
rohka

Post by rohka »

The menus in TAL Sampler's GUI are unusable. E.g. clicking on the preset name should bring up a menu but the menu disappears instantly. :(

The menus work in other hosts so the issue would seem specific to Polac loader, but can someone else test to make sure it's not just me? The demo version of TAL Sampler is available at https://tal-software.com/products/tal-sampler
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

rohka wrote:The menus in TAL Sampler's GUI are unusable. E.g. clicking on the preset name should bring up a menu but the menu disappears instantly. :(

The menus work in other hosts so the issue would seem specific to Polac loader, but can someone else test to make sure it's not just me? The demo version of TAL Sampler is available at https://tal-software.com/products/tal-sampler
I installed the demo, and I'm able to open the menus (including the preset one) just fine. Can't figure out how to get it to properly load SFZ mappings, but that's a different matter. I'm on Windows 7 here, in case that makes any difference.

I have had similar menu problems using certain other VSTs in Buzz though, particularly T-Racks from IK Multimedia. Pretty much any selection popup (like, say, clicking on the preset name to pick a preset, or selecting modulation targets in the reverbs) in those plugins does not work at all.

It might be a similar problem in both cases, where a dev has gotten too tricky with a custom menu popup, and PVST doesn't render it as intended. I notice that the TAL menu just sort of floats there; you can open it, then drag the window for the VST around and the menu stays in the same place. It doesn't close at all until you click somewhere in the TAL Sample window, so it's clearly some kind of non-standard UI element.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Do you have Windows display scaling on anything other than 100% - I had a lot of trouble a few years ago with GUIs not *quite* matching the x-y position of what my mouse was selecting in Buzz: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1010#p3669
polac

Re: new pvst beta (updated 05-Feb-2019)

Post by polac »

Bump, buzzwrapper saves pattern data now.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Thanks polac! :dance:
ags

Post by ags »

Any plans for VST3 ?
( VST2 SDK is discontinued )
rav

Post by rav »

Long time without posting...
polac wrote:Bump, buzzwrapper saves pattern data now.
Thank you! :dance:
ags wrote:Any plans for VST3 ?
( VST2 SDK is discontinued )
What?! Polac wrapper have had VST3 support as one of the first in 'DAW world' and probably still one of the best. Many of super duper DAWs still doesn't support ext signal (sidechining) in VST3.
Hot news (6th Feb. 2019): Ableton Live announced VST3 support in next update...
ags

Post by ags »

Hm - mine don't appear but in that case I've done something wrong. Oops.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Bump, buzzwrapper saves pattern data now.
I don't know if I didn't install pvst in the right way, but when I clicked on the about button I always had the new version number in a galaxy far, far away ...

Now I always have the same version number and I don't know on which setup I have updated it to the last version.

So, please can you update the version number internally Mr. Ubergeek Xlutop? I know that's something for "Korinthen-people" but it definately helped me in the past to see if the update worked correctly ... .

Edit: Wow, I learned a lot. Now I know why so many have a second profile on Jeskola-Forums. You just can read, - and then leave a side - stuff you don't like, or even put in some useless comment, that's pretty cool.

Sorry for the question Mr. Polak, seems as Buzz should stay experimental software :lol: ... therefore I love it :mrgreen:
polac

Post by polac »

rohka wrote:The menus in TAL Sampler's GUI are unusable. E.g. clicking on the preset name should bring up a menu but the menu disappears instantly. :(

Do you have enabled the "prevent focus stealing" in the loader preferences. In this case the menus won't pop up on some vsts.