new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

sfMan

Re: new pvst beta (updated 22-Feb-2012)

Post by sfMan »

There's a problem with x64 version: pvst64_v1.1.10b19
When selecting "Polac ASIO" output device from list it shows that initialization ASIO has failed.
However, I think that this is not a problem with drivers but there is some error with asssigning positions from drivers list to proper routines.
For example when selecting "Polac DirectSound" it seems ok but "Config" button shows ASIO configuraton dialog.

P.S. Maybe this problem is connected with problem in Buzzx64 themes described here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=359
mute

Post by mute »

make sure you are using the current ASIO machines (e.g. ASIO In and ASIO Out, not ASIO Stereo, Mono, etc.).
sfMan

Post by sfMan »

mute wrote:make sure you are using the current ASIO machines (e.g. ASIO In and ASIO Out, not ASIO Stereo, Mono, etc.).
I'm sure. It's a clean installation on fresh system and x32 version is working ok.
In Buzz x64 is sone problem with Default template, so I copied it form buzz x32. Thats the
reason I'm not sure if problem is connected with Polac drivers or themes error.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

sfMan wrote:For example when selecting "Polac DirectSound" it seems ok but "Config" button shows ASIO configuraton dialog.
this bug was in buzz since forever, well not really a bug, but confusing.

you have to click OK first, re-open the dialog, then config. Or simply hit Apply first.
sfMan

Post by sfMan »

UNZ wrote: this bug was in buzz since forever, well not really a bug, but confusing.
you have to click OK first, re-open the dialog, then config. Or simply hit Apply first.
Well. I didn't have this bug earlier. I'm sure. I was configuring Buzz many many times :)
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

sfMan wrote:
UNZ wrote: this bug was in buzz since forever, well not really a bug, but confusing.
Well. I didn't have this bug earlier. I'm sure. I was configuring Buzz many many times :)
i remember it from back in 2000, i'm 100% sure it always behaved like this.
sfMan

Post by sfMan »

UNZ wrote:i remember it from back in 2000, i'm 100% sure it always behaved like this.
I agree. I remember it to but that was old buzz. New Buzz is a "new song" ;)
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

sfMan wrote:
UNZ wrote:i remember it from back in 2000, i'm 100% sure it always behaved like this.
I agree. I remember it to but that was old buzz. New Buzz is a "new song" ;)
the dialog probably never changed since back then, its still not wpf etc.
give up, you know i'm right ;)
mute

Post by mute »

preferences: pxp row quantize on/off option in global tab
:D
boombaxx

Re: new pvst beta (updated 25-Feb-2012)

Post by boombaxx »

Hi having big problems loading any nki sounds in Kontakt 4 or 3 it crashes buzz every time. I am using the latest version of Buzz and Pvst and windows 7. Tried running it as a seperate process
mute

Post by mute »

Couple things I ran into yesterday..

The ASIO Driver that comes with version 19 would cut all other output if I added an ASIO Out machine and selected a different output. Appears only one selected output can be used at a time. Didn't check with Inputs. I use quite a bit of external processing on the other buses and I was pressed to get something done lastnight so just went back to one I knew worked (I was uncharacteristically short tempered with Buzz lastnight). So... Unforunately, I wasn't thinking and rolled back to v1.2 instead of trying the previous recent beta releases. I'm almost certain that it wasn't doing this on a previous beta.

Something that should be fixed if possible:
If a project has an ASIO In machine in it, and it is opened by someone with an older version of pasio that uses the old ASIO input/output machines, Buzz will freeze upon loading of the bmx and then must be forceably closed. I understand that they won't work with the older pasio versions, but it shouldn't crash buzz?

Keep forgetting to check the drumatic3 issue with the current beta...
polac

Post by polac »

mute wrote:Couple things I ran into yesterday..

The ASIO Driver that comes with version 19 would cut all other output if I added an ASIO Out machine and selected a different output. Appears only one selected output can be used at a time. Didn't check with Inputs. I use quite a bit of external processing on the other buses and I was pressed to get something done lastnight so just went back to one I knew worked (I was uncharacteristically short tempered with Buzz lastnight). So... Unforunately, I wasn't thinking and rolled back to v1.2 instead of trying the previous recent beta releases. I'm almost certain that it wasn't doing this on a previous beta.

Something that should be fixed if possible:
If a project has an ASIO In machine in it, and it is opened by someone with an older version of pasio that uses the old ASIO input/output machines, Buzz will freeze upon loading of the bmx and then must be forceably closed. I understand that they won't work with the older pasio versions, but it shouldn't crash buzz?
Yes this happens if someone loads more than one out machine. In fact only one single out machine is sufficient for accessing all outputs because of the new multi-io stuff in buzz. However I fixed this one nonetheless as it might be useful to have more out machine for better overview. I think the in machines were not affected here.

Don't know if I can fix the asio in bug, loading an song containing older asio in states versions should work but don't know what happens the other way around...
mute

Post by mute »

polac wrote: Yes this happens if someone loads more than one out machine. In fact only one single out machine is sufficient for accessing all outputs because of the new multi-io stuff in buzz. However I fixed this one nonetheless as it might be useful to have more out machine for better overview. I think the in machines were not affected here.
I didn't think about that. Duh. Makes total sense. What threw me off was Master totally stopped working when I had ASIO Out going. I think it is better for overview..also, sometimes some feeds will want/need to go into multiple channels and you can't do that with a single ASIO machine (well... I guess you could add another amp to the chain before the out..but still).

The ASIO In thing, I meant to say ASIO Out.. no way to detect driver version or something in the machine and just disable it? The old machines don't do it the w/ new driver.. they just don't work.. its going backwards that was an issue. Guess it might not be too important going forwards, just mentioning because of possibility.
polac

Post by polac »

boombaxx wrote:Hi having big problems loading any nki sounds in Kontakt 4 or 3 it crashes buzz every time. I am using the latest version of Buzz and Pvst and windows 7. Tried running it as a seperate process
Do you have the "autostop process on silence" option active see preferences? If yes try to disable it or try to check the "process if editor is visible" option too.
magmavander

Re: new pvst beta (updated 06-Mar-2012)

Post by magmavander »

Maybe here is a better place for the message I posted in Users forum.
Since I upgraded to Win7 I have a problem opening songs that included the free version of the vst SampleTank 2.0.
I use it a lot and it would be a real pain for me to lose these songs.
It seems that it wasnt anymore registered, I used the provided authorisation tool with success. Well I think, I cannot be sure as I cant load the vst. The problem still remains. See screen capture.
I have tried to load this vst in a fresh instance of buzz and in a new file. Same problem. I cant even access to the vst gui. At the moment I choose this vst and click ok, the message appears.
But Buzz doesn't crash in any case.
I know I can uninstall and reinstall the vst, but in this case I will lose my tweaks as I didnt register it as presets :oops:
Anyone have an idea ?
Attachments
buzz ST prob.PNG
Shro0m

Post by Shro0m »

Hi polac,

first off, thanks for all the effort you put in the polac series :)
Now, I have a little issue with the naming of external devices & midivst that i hoped you could shed some light over.
Currently i have 2 external synths, a Dave Smith Mopho (connected with old fashion midi DIN plugs via my audiophile 196 soundcard) and a Maudio venom which is connected via USB midi.
Lately, when i load the machine called "Delta AP midi", it should load the midivst for my mopho, but instead, the machine changes name to "venom midi out", and also controls the venom, not the mopho. If i load the "venom midi out", opposite happens. So it seems the devices changed place.
I renamed config.xml so a new one could be created, and it seemed to have solved the problem temporarily (or, it might just be i did something else i wasn't aware of).
Anyway, the problem is now back, and a little annoying. Tracks where use external gear doesn't send midi to the correct instrument.
If i turn off the venom and load "Delta AP midi", an empty midi vst machine is loaded. So there is something mixed up in the device stack somewhere.. I don't know if this is a windows 7 issue?
Is there any possible workaround to resolve this issue?
Shro0m

Post by Shro0m »

Shro0m wrote:Hi polac,

Now, I have a little issue with the naming of external devices & midivst that i hoped you could shed some light over.
Currently i have 2 external synths, a Dave Smith Mopho (connected with old fashion midi DIN plugs via my audiophile 196 soundcard) and a Maudio venom which is connected via USB midi.
Lately, when i load the machine called "Delta AP midi", it should load the midivst for my mopho, but instead, the machine changes name to "venom midi out", and also controls the venom, not the mopho. If i load the "venom midi out", opposite happens. So it seems the devices changed place.
I renamed config.xml so a new one could be created, and it seemed to have solved the problem temporarily (or, it might just be i did something else i wasn't aware of).
Anyway, the problem is now back, and a little annoying. Tracks where use external gear doesn't send midi to the correct instrument.
If i turn off the venom and load "Delta AP midi", an empty midi vst machine is loaded. So there is something mixed up in the device stack somewhere.. I don't know if this is a windows 7 issue?
Ok, it seems doing a full re-scan solved the problem. Hopefully it will stay this way :)
polac

Post by polac »

Shro0m wrote:

Ok, it seems doing a full re-scan solved the problem. Hopefully it will stay this way :)
Hi, nice to hear that it works now. I think this is related to the so called shell vsts such as the midivst.dll. Since b17 the loader scans the shell vsts only once when it is found, later on it does not scan again. I did this to speed up the buzz startup, and in most cases a shell does not change their number of plugins hosted. In case of midivst.dll the number of plugins may vary. Therefore you can scan a single shell vst on demand in the preferences now, there is a "scan shell" button now, so need to do a the full rescan in this case.
Shro0m

Post by Shro0m »

polac wrote:
Shro0m wrote:

Hi, nice to hear that it works now. I think this is related to the so called shell vsts such as the midivst.dll. Since b17 the loader scans the shell vsts only once when it is found, later on it does not scan again. I did this to speed up the buzz startup, and in most cases a shell does not change their number of plugins hosted. In case of midivst.dll the number of plugins may vary. Therefore you can scan a single shell vst on demand in the preferences now, there is a "scan shell" button now, so need to do a the full rescan in this case.
Aah.. i haven't noticed that button. Thanks for the quick reply polac:)
By the way.. I noticed another issue yesterday, but i'm not sure if its related to the new pvst or buzz yet (or maybe something completely else).
When i load a bmx which contains the "audio in" machine, buzz crashes at load. If i create a new bmx and add "audio in", there are no issues. I can also load bmx's which contains the "audio in" machine if i change output driver to any non-polac asio before i load the the bmx, then change back to polac-asio.
I will try a pvst downgrade later today to see if that has anything to do with it, and let you know :)
mcbpete

Re: new pvst beta (updated 28-Jan-2012)

Post by mcbpete »

strobotone wrote:had the same issue with drumatic 3 too.
disabling multithreading for this vst solved the issue most of the time.
however, when loading a bmx containing the machine the issue came up again.
i found only one workaround:
1) create a second instance of drumatic in the same bmx
2) save and reload the preset of the first drumatic if the burst still occurs.
Confirmed - and I'll get a noiseburst 90% of the time on this example .bmx even if multithreading is disabled (erm, obviously needs Drumatic 3!) - http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/drumatic.bmx (WARNING - The burst is insane if it hits, please turn down headphones/speakers)

EDIT: Not quite sure why the file is over a meg, there's no wavetable and <10 machines :?