new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

Shro0m

Re: new pvst beta (updated 06-Mar-2012)

Post by Shro0m »

double07 wrote:
mute wrote:everyone should think about clicking on that donate button @ http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/ every once and awhile, i just did ;]
Yeah good call, donated :)
Indeed.. Donation sent :]
boombaxx

Re: new pvst beta (updated 22-Jul-2012)

Post by boombaxx »

Thank you polac works fine now :D
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

donation sent ;)
mimp

Post by mimp »

Just found some slightly odd behaviour using the latest 32bit adapter with the latest 32 bit buzz.
Was trying out the (iLoked) demo of the lexicon LXP Native bundle. The 32 bit plugins crash on load. The 64 bit plugins load + work fine, but if you save a buzz session which uses one and then reload, the session hangs when it tries to load the LXP plugin back in. (to the point where I have to terminate vst.x64.exe in task manager) This is on windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Was also trying to find a decent free side chaining vst compressor. Both Molot and density III seem to cause pretty horrid distorted output. Not sure if that's to do with the way they're handing multiple inputs or just me being an idiot (first time I've messed about with multi-in vsts), or something else. Anyone else got these up and running in Buzz?
mimp

Post by mimp »

OK so the molot/density problem was due to not having checked multi io mode in the vst loader preferences. Sorry. Lexicon plugins still seem a bit broken however.
polac

Post by polac »

Just found some slightly odd behaviour using the latest 32bit adapter with the latest 32 bit buzz.
Was trying out the (iLoked) demo of the lexicon LXP Native bundle. The 32 bit plugins crash on load. The 64 bit plugins load + work fine, but if you save a buzz session which uses one and then reload, the session hangs when it tries to load the LXP plugin back in. (to the point where I have to terminate vst.x64.exe in task manager) This is on windows 7 pro 64 bit.
Hi, ilok plugins are known to crash in Buzz, the workaround is to use the bridge here, btw you can also try to run the 32-bit plugins as separate process(holding shift key while loading a plugin). Regarding the session hangs, you could try to play around with the bridge settings(holding ctrl+alt while the mouse is over the vst gui). There are settings called "Embedded Vst Gui" or "Async Load/Save", try to disable them both.
Shro0m

Odd issue,Mopho VST editor receives midiclock wo adding one

Post by Shro0m »

Hi Polac,

I recently bought the MOPHO PlugSE vst editor http://soundtower.com/plugse/mopho/index.html for controlling my Mopho HW synth, and i have stumbled upon a weird issue when using it in pvst. When i set the vst editor to sync tempo externally (to buzz), the synth's tempo goes completely haywire. It sounds like 120 bpm is sent as 240, but if you set the tempo to say 124, it varies alot. Enabling or disabling "sync to buzz" in pvst doesn't make a difference. I have tried the editor in other hosts as Ableton live and Samplitude, and there has been no issue with the midi clock in those. Here's a sample of oddness: http://box.retrofox.dk/t2/Mopho_midi_clock_issue.mp3 . In the first part use Samplitude, set to 120bpm. In the 2'nd part i use Buzz with 120 bpm, and in the final part, i set buzz's tempo to 124 bpm (which causes even more chaos)
Do you have any idea what can be causing this?

/shro0m
polac

Re: Odd issue,Mopho VST editor receives midiclock wo adding

Post by polac »

Shro0m wrote:Hi Polac,

I recently bought the MOPHO PlugSE vst editor http://soundtower.com/plugse/mopho/index.html for controlling my Mopho HW synth, and i have stumbled upon a weird issue when using it in pvst. When i set the vst editor to sync tempo externally (to buzz), the synth's tempo goes completely haywire. It sounds like 120 bpm is sent as 240, but if you set the tempo to say 124, it varies alot. Enabling or disabling "sync to buzz" in pvst doesn't make a difference. I have tried the editor in other hosts as Ableton live and Samplitude, and there has been no issue with the midi clock in those. Here's a sample of oddness: http://box.retrofox.dk/t2/Mopho_midi_clock_issue.mp3 . In the first part use Samplitude, set to 120bpm. In the 2'nd part i use Buzz with 120 bpm, and in the final part, i set buzz's tempo to 124 bpm (which causes even more chaos)

/shro0m
Hard to say what's going on here. I tried the demo but that does not help here as I don't own a mopho. Do you output midi via Buzz/Asio internal midi-out or directly from the editor to midi-out? I also did some changes related to VstTimeInfo so you could redownload the loaders and see what happens now.
Shro0m

Post by Shro0m »

polac wrote:
Shro0m wrote:Hi Polac,

/shro0m
Hard to say what's going on here. I tried the demo but that does not help here as I don't own a mopho. Do you output midi via Buzz/Asio internal midi-out or directly from the editor to midi-out? I also did some changes related to VstTimeInfo so you could redownload the loaders and see what happens now.
Hi Polac,

yeah, i understand it will be tricky to test as it requires the hardware. I wonder if its possible to analyze midi the messages somehow..
Regarding your question, I bind both midi in & out in the editor itself, not with buzz/asio.
I installed the latest pvst, but no change unfortunately. I did however notice something interesting. When i disable sub-tick timing in buzz, the clock rate seems correct. The bpm is still very unstable though.
Here's an audio example (1'st part: 120bpm with subtick disabled. 2'nd half: Subtick timing enabled) http://box.retrofox.dk/t2/Mopho_midi_clock_issue2.mp3
mimp

Post by mimp »

polac wrote: Hi, ilok plugins are known to crash in Buzz, the workaround is to use the bridge here, btw you can also try to run the 32-bit plugins as separate process(holding shift key while loading a plugin). Regarding the session hangs, you could try to play around with the bridge settings(holding ctrl+alt while the mouse is over the vst gui). There are settings called "Embedded Vst Gui" or "Async Load/Save", try to disable them both.
Loading the 32 bit plugins as a separate process got them into buzz without crashing, unfortunately they hang on reload in the same way as the 64 bit ones.
Tried disabling the embedded gui and async load/save but neither seems to help.
Fiddled with some of the other bridge settings too but nothing seems to have improved matters.

Thanks for your help anyway. Pesky iLoks

edit - just had a go loading/saving in renoise and reaper as a bit of a sanity check on my installation and ilok drivers. Both work fine.
polac

Post by polac »

Hi Polac,

yeah, i understand it will be tricky to test as it requires the hardware. I wonder if its possible to analyze midi the messages somehow..
Regarding your question, I bind both midi in & out in the editor itself, not with buzz/asio.
I installed the latest pvst, but no change unfortunately. I did however notice something interesting. When i disable sub-tick timing in buzz, the clock rate seems correct. The bpm is still very unstable though.
Here's an audio example (1'st part: 120bpm with subtick disabled. 2'nd half: Subtick timing enabled) http://box.retrofox.dk/t2/Mopho_midi_clock_issue2.mp3
Does it help to enable the "process with fixed blocksize" option?
Loading the 32 bit plugins as a separate process got them into buzz without crashing, unfortunately they hang on reload in the same way as the 64 bit ones.
Fiddled with some of the other bridge settings too but nothing seems to have improved matters.
Is it possible to save a fxb/fxp via loader editor and then reload the fxb/fxp again?
Shro0m

Post by Shro0m »

polac wrote:
Hi Polac,

Does it help to enable the "process with fixed blocksize" option?
Is it possible to save a fxb/fxp via loader editor and then reload the fxb/fxp again?

You sir, are a star! Using fixed block size solved it! Thanks Frank :D
Mu_

Re: new pvst beta (updated 24-Jan-2012)

Post by Mu_ »

tinga wrote:[...]
great news, all buzz generators + all vsti now in x64, works fine [...].
Do you mean x64 plugs working for x32 Buzz? Well I did noticed bin64 folder from its very beginning, but I thought it is for experimental purposes only...
mridlen

Re: new pvst beta (updated 10-Oct-2012)

Post by mridlen »

I try to copy over the folder into the Buzz directory (on my system C:\Program Files (x86)\Jeskola\Buzz)... I think I'm putting it in the right place, but I still get the error that the Polac VST Loader (for Polac VST 1.1.dll) is too old. What am I missing here? Do I need to remove some files or something to get it to work correctly?
domtron

Post by domtron »

did you replace the dll's and files exactly following the folder structure?..like "machines" is in gear etc?
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I think I figured out what I did... I had a VST and VSTi dll in both Generators and Effects (I probably fubarred my Buzz directory at some point). It looks like it should not have one in the Generators folder.
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

Hiya

just noticed in the latest zip:

x86: http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/pvst_v1.1.10b26.zip

the Polac VSTi 1.1.dll is located in the 'effects' folder and not 'generator' folder, that is perhaps what happened to you mridlen?

ot: i noticed this because i just setup Buzz on my girlfriends pc so she can make tunes. awesome? i think so 8-)
polac

Post by polac »

Jellyfish wrote:Hiya

just noticed in the latest zip:

x86: http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/pvst_v1.1.10b26.zip

the Polac VSTi 1.1.dll is located in the 'effects' folder and not 'generator' folder, that is perhaps what happened to you mridlen?

ot: i noticed this because i just setup Buzz on my girlfriends pc so she can make tunes. awesome? i think so 8-)
Oops, reuploaded again :mrgreen:
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Oh good I'm not going crazy :lol:
rktic

Post by rktic »

Polac,

man - i can't believe you're still actively pushing the adapters. Respect, dude!!!

Cheers
(Ronny here :))