new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

oskari
Site Admin

Re: new pvst beta (updated 05-Dec-2012)

Post by oskari »

It should be fixed in 1479. pCB->AllocateWave didn't work if called from an audio thread.
thOke

Post by thOke »

:D :D :D Thank You !! CnG Recorder working again !!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Oh my god that's amazing news :D CnG was such a useful thing to have in my toolkit so I've been lost for a few months without it. I honestly never thought I'd see it function again !
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

NullReferenceException comes up now when loading sample into an empty slot in wavetable:

(libsndfile) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
pbhs

Post by pbhs »

Just tested with Build1480.
Now is working OK.

Thanks Oskari !!

Ciao.
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

oskari wrote:It should be fixed in 1479. pCB->AllocateWave didn't work if called from an audio thread.
Thank you, thank you, kiitos!!! *Kisses and hugs*
DL now. I was kind of handicapped without wavetable recorder(s).
Mu_

Reinstating old way of scanning vst gens and effects?

Post by Mu_ »

Hi.
I'm not a big fan of automatisation. Well I'm not a big fan of ancient solutions, neither.
I have serious problems with more than a dozen vst plugs (some of them are commercial) - espetially with those who have two instances and work as an effect and as a generator. Polac does not recognize them correctly and I cannot use them. Another thing is I like to have order with my file structure and all generators and effects are divided into separate branches for 32 and 64 bit, free, commercial, commercial not free, demo and trial.
So I have a big ask for you, Frank, to kindly make a switch who will allow me to choose separately path for vst effects and vst generators like it was a coupple versions ago.
Cheers
Mu.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

I am having a big problem getting Kontakt 4 to work in Buzz. It starts loading the instrument then just hangs and crashes buzz. Leaving vst.exe as a running process in the process manager. I have tried running it as a separate process this does nothing. Which fixed it in the past anyone help :?: :?: . Latest build buzz and polac win 7
mute

Re: Reinstating old way of scanning vst gens and effects?

Post by mute »

Mu_ wrote:Hi.
I'm not a big fan of automatisation. Well I'm not a big fan of ancient solutions, neither.
I have serious problems with more than a dozen vst plugs (some of them are commercial) - espetially with those who have two instances and work as an effect and as a generator. Polac does not recognize them correctly and I cannot use them. Another thing is I like to have order with my file structure and all generators and effects are divided into separate branches for 32 and 64 bit, free, commercial, commercial not free, demo and trial.
So I have a big ask for you, Frank, to kindly make a switch who will allow me to choose separately path for vst effects and vst generators like it was a coupple versions ago.
Cheers
Mu.
Nothing prevents you from storing vsti/vst/64/32/whatever plugins into different directories for your own organizational purposes.. you can set multiple paths in pvst. Create as many folders as you want to your hearts content.

Sure you already know this, devil's advocate; you cannot copy many vsts to some other directory from it's original installed path, it'll break many (if not most) commercial vsts and some free ones.
Mu_

Re: Reinstating old way of scanning vst gens and effects?

Post by Mu_ »

mute wrote:[...]

Nothing prevents you from storing vsti/vst/64/32/whatever plugins into different directories [...] blah blah blah
The point, you missed is: Polac missrecognize some plugs which won't work then. Thats why I need an option to tell the Polac where to go for effects and where to go for generators or which one are generators or effects.
mute

Post by mute »

VST's aren't like Buzz plugins. PVST doesn't do so much as determine if a plugin is VST or VSTi, but the VSTs reports it to PVST. The directory path does not tell PVST what type of VST it is. So something else is going on, quite possibly related to what I said about moving VSTs from one directory to another rather than reinstalling (a good majority of VSTs rely heavily on Registry entries, or data installed elsewhere such as appdata or programfiles) and/or rescanning (telling PVST that things have changed/rebuild its index). If its basic freeware/etc. VST, then moving them willy-nilly is typically ok, but not always. With commercial vsts or any vst that involves an installer, it will likely break. An installer doesn't even have to be involved. Many VSTs write to registry or create dependency files in their original directory when they are scanned/picked up by a host. These files could be runtimes, audio files, gui files, preferences, whatever. Normally rescanning those that do this would correct some.

Basically, if they show up under the "unknown" folder something with the VST has broken. Delete them entirely and re-download/re-install.re-unzip/whatever them. Then do a 'scan' under PVST's preferences.
CyberMag

problems with omnisphere 32bit instance

Post by CyberMag »

Hello! Thank you for your work! I have a problem on a big project with large amount of VSTs.
I am using buzz 32bit, my OS win7x64.
The project is quite big and have some vst instances 64bit and some 32bit.

1. The problem number one: the instance of polac vst adapter unloads dll of the plugin for some reason.
1. Load the project.
2. Click on the VST with Omnisphere. -> it asks me to load the dll.
This is strange cause there are some already loaded instances with the same synt ( Omnisphere ).

2. The problem number two:
Sometimes some VST instance become silent when i dowmix the project using internal Buzz's recorder.

I can help you to fix this bugs. If you will provide the VST adapter with some logging or debugging information I can
reproduce the issue and upload you the results for the furture analysis ( of couse of you want to help and have some time for it )....
polac

Re: problems with omnisphere 32bit instance

Post by polac »

CyberMag wrote:Hello! Thank you for your work! I have a problem on a big project with large amount of VSTs.
I am using buzz 32bit, my OS win7x64.
The project is quite big and have some vst instances 64bit and some 32bit.

1. The problem number one: the instance of polac vst adapter unloads dll of the plugin for some reason.
1. Load the project.
2. Click on the VST with Omnisphere. -> it asks me to load the dll.
This is strange cause there are some already loaded instances with the same synt ( Omnisphere ).

2. The problem number two:
Sometimes some VST instance become silent when i dowmix the project using internal Buzz's recorder.

I can help you to fix this bugs. If you will provide the VST adapter with some logging or debugging information I can
reproduce the issue and upload you the results for the furture analysis ( of couse of you want to help and have some time for it )....
Omnisphere is probably quite demanding regarding ram usage, perhaps this is a problem. Do you use the 32bit version or 64bit version if there is one?

Regarding the becoming silent problem, do you have the "Offline processing mode" option active(edit menu)? It may get silent there are for examples demo versions which don't render if this is active.

Also the loader logs certain things to the debug console of Buzz, does there show up something suspicious?
CyberMag

Post by CyberMag »

polac wrote:
CyberMag wrote:
Omnisphere is probably quite demanding regarding ram usage, perhaps this is a problem. Do you use the 32bit version or 64bit version if there is one?

Regarding the becoming silent problem, do you have the "Offline processing mode" option active(edit menu)? It may get silent there are for examples demo versions which don't render if this is active.

Also the loader logs certain things to the debug console of Buzz, does there show up something suspicious?
1. I am using 64bit version of vst adapter inside 32bit host ( using 32bit buzz.exe ).
2. Let me check the settings regarding "Offline processing mode".
3. Let me check the output of the debug console of Buzz.

I am not sure that any memory issue can occure, cause i have 32gb of RAM.
CyberMag

Post by CyberMag »

Just some clarification:
1. I am using 32bit version of vst adapter inside 32bit host ( using 32bit buzz.exe ).
2. The option "Offline processing mode" is not checked.
3. There is no any strange or suspicious output of the debug console of Buzz during load.
4. When I double click on the vst which brings problems i can see the dialog ( attached please find the screenshot )
Attachments
1.png
polac

Post by polac »

CyberMag wrote:Just some clarification:
1. I am using 32bit version of vst adapter inside 32bit host ( using 32bit buzz.exe ).
2. The option "Offline processing mode" is not checked.
3. There is no any strange or suspicious output of the debug console of Buzz during load.
4. When I double click on the vst which brings problems i can see the dialog ( attached please find the screenshot )
Thanks for the infos, I think it's related to the x64->x86 vst bridge, I'll take a closer look then.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Hey, I found a bug (the ctrl-E crashes buzz thread). I think there is a possibility it is related to the VSTi loader, since it only does this with MinimogueVA and the other variants like MinimogueLUXUS.

I have some troubleshooting info in the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1423&p=5812#p5812

Thanks for your time (and thanks for the PVST adapters).
polac

Post by polac »

Steps to recreate:
1) Load up one of the MiniMogueVA variants.
2) I created a pattern that outgrew the end of the song.
3) go to the end of the pattern and press ctrl-E

I'm wondering if this is a problem with Buzz, MinimogueVA or Polac VST, because it doesn't seem to do this with other VSTs.
I tried to reproduce this here with the free MiniMogueVA, it did not crash here yet, tested with winxp and win7.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Hey thanks for trying. I highly appreciate it.
CyberMag

Post by CyberMag »

Hello I have found today strange bug with omnisphere again.
Buzz.exe 32bit
omnisphere 64bit
600mb is used, 31gb of the system memory is free.
I have just started a buzz composition.
I have 2 instance of the omnisphere synt.
It seems that after some save of the .bmx the second instance of the omnisphere
becomes silent. So, if I load previously saved song the second instance is just silent. If I click on it
it loads a default preset, but it is incorrect because i have selected a non-default preset before.
I guess that during some saving the information about preset in second instance was lost for some reason.
Does it bug of the vst adapter or does it just but of the omnisphere?