Two very different rap tracks

Mozart von Robot

Two very different rap tracks

Post by Mozart von Robot »

This is a comedy rap track I made, called Switcheroo.
This is a more "serious" piece, called Dollhouse.
Both are made in Buzz, of course. Except for the lyrics, vocals and mastering.
Please tell me what you think. And if you're curious about how I did something, feel free to ask.
magmavander

Re: Two very different rap tracks

Post by magmavander »

Excellent! Sounds very good. I enjoyed more the first one (switcheroo) in term of sounding, but that doesnt mean I didnt liked the second one. In Dollhouse I really liked a lot the keyboard/synth sounds and their melodic chords.
How do you proceed ? Samples ? Buzz synths ? VST ? If you used buzz generators, which ones ? I'm always interested to know how other buzzers create their sounds :?: Great stuff anyway, high quality level.
Mozart von Robot

Re: Two very different rap tracks

Post by Mozart von Robot »

magmavander wrote:Excellent! Sounds very good. I enjoyed more the first one (switcheroo) in term of sounding, but that doesnt mean I didnt liked the second one. In Dollhouse I really liked a lot the keyboard/synth sounds and their melodic chords.
How do you proceed ? Samples ? Buzz synths ? VST ? If you used buzz generators, which ones ? I'm always interested to know how other buzzers create their sounds :?: Great stuff anyway, high quality level.
I usually use a mixture of VST's, Buzz machines and heavily manipulated samples...and lots of effects.. I also often make weird swing grooves using Master patterns*. I'm not gonna try to list everything I did, but feel free to ask a more specific question.

*Here's how the Master pattern looks in Switcheroo (which turns BPM into a lie, but I'm fine with that):

.... .... 03
.... .... 06
.... .... 04
.... .... 08
.... .... 03
.... .... 06
.... .... 04
.... .... 08
.... .... 03
.... .... 06
.... .... 04
.... .... 08