Been making electro-industrial with buzz for 10+ years.

thelegionnaire

Been making electro-industrial with buzz for 10+ years.

Post by thelegionnaire »

Please give it a listen. I don't know anyone else who uses Buzz, and when people ask me what I use, I either get an odd look because they haven't heard of it, or I get a look of respect that I was able to, and chose to, create my music in a tracker.

I think I'm doing pretty decent for myself, get a few good live shows now and then, and was able to remix a band that has a decent pull on the scene and get it on a very well known compilation. Working on getting a promotion/distribution manager so that I can get my name out better.

Every now and then I try out some other software, and nothing comes close for me to the accuracy and ease that I get with buzz. I have thought about using Ableton for live purposes and Buzz for composing, but I still just don't like the way things are routed, I need my damn machine view!

http://www.soundcloud.com/riotlegion

http://www.riotlegion.com

:mrgreen:
mridlen

Re: Been making electro-industrial with buzz for 10+ years.

Post by mridlen »

Cool. I also produce a lot in industrial genres. Your music is a bit hard for my taste, but I still like it quite a lot (very polished).
mute

Post by mute »

Like it. reminds me of stuff like FLA, "pre-metallica" Die Krupps, etc. I don't listen to much industrial anymore, but still have an appreciation for it. I do still listen to old DAF, Nitzer Ebb and older 242 stuff like geography. Love the old school ebm bass stuff.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

man, this is sick! good stuff! the only other person i've heard of using buzz for electro industrial type stuff is cervello elettronico, but I'm not sure if he uses it anymore.

do you use a lot of samples and vsts or are you using mostly buzz machines? I'm really interested in your techniques for getting this type of sound in buzz, i've been researching it for some time and haven't had much success producing this type of stuff.

although i'm sure the 10+ years of experience has more to do with the excellence of the sound than the program used to compose it. :mrgreen:

on your track "work-in-progress1", what steps did you take to get the snare sounding so smacky-snappy? this is a really great sound which is very identifiable to this genre and I've always wondered how it's done.

do you have any bmx files that you're willing to share for the purposes of industrial-buzz education? :geek:

do you use buzz for your live shows?