So, hate to bug you guys but...

rajmond

So, hate to bug you guys but...

Post by rajmond »

We (which means me and my band) just finished and released our new EP, "underwater sounds". You can listen and all at www.auto-auto.se (bandcamp, spotify, itunes whatevah). Anywhooo. It is all buzz with recordings through an external program.

I was thinking to make this a little bit more buzzy here I thought I'd answer any questions you might have about the production and we can bounce a few production ideas back and forth.

cheerios
mridlen

Re: So, hate to bug you guys but...

Post by mridlen »

:dance: You have made me an instant fan!

What Buzz machines are your favorites?
rajmond

Post by rajmond »

Woho! I love instant fans :)

I'm a simple man when it comes to buzz-machines actually.
couldn't live without the FSM-phatman, panzerdelay, and jeskola raverb (!)... besides those, well, the do-nothing is a must... and, unfortunately, the polac VST. I don't really like vst's but some of them sound really good.

as for trackers i use the matilde tracker 2.5.. and also the BTDS audiotrack for vocals and other instruments recorded...

Do you do music yourself?
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Great stuff. I like the many gritty layers. I reminded of Underworld a bit here.

If I should say one thing about the first track, though, it would be: Loose the huge snare that comes in half-way through the song. It makes the whole thing way too retro. Simply mute it, and I think the track would get more modern. And perhaps use less limiter on the master signal. The tracks lack dynamics a bit.

Keep up the good work!
rajmond

Post by rajmond »

yeah, I know about the limiter, of course. You know, always the race for volume. THOUGH this song was a bitch since our singer here wanted to keep the "muddy" bottom... I made a cleaned up version but he felt it lacked the "groove" of the muddy demo-version, hence ...where it is now.

Thanks for the great input anyhow :) glad you like it!