"Algostep" contest

mantratronic

"Algostep" contest

Post by mantratronic »

http://www.sc2012.org.uk/2012/02/the-su ... mpetition/

A remix competition of an Algostep formula (ie, those bitwise compositions that MT Algo uses) is going on this year, the submission deadline is the first of april, which is always a bit worrying... pun intended!

I think the sincstep filter interpolation that ld0d did for my machine will seriously rock this compo, so you know... Lets show em what buzz can do :D

Btw: if anyone is having trouble transferring formula into MT Algo, just ask me for help. I remember putting some info up on BC about putting in parentheses in everywhere if it sounds wrong. Also, if you want a formula to put into a old build of buzz without the GUI code (ie, ppl on linux), you can ask me and i'll send you a template of the formula by using the GUI.
Reefer Sutherland

Re: "Algostep" contest

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

So it's called algostep then, eh?

Not quite sure what all this means, but I like MT Algo (and compos), so perhaps I'll get something done :)
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

the guy who came up with the one line of c idea called it bytebeat, which i prefer... i dont know much about the supercollider program and how different it might be :? but it certainly sounds like something algo can be molested into producing :)
Reefer Sutherland

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

Yeah, I'm not so sure about this competition anymore.

First, it seems it's only for SC.. The source code is way more complex then just a formula to paste in MTAlgo.
Second, it's supposed to be dubstep.
// make enveloped bass note with high harmonics (saw)
muzh = [
Saw.ar(freq * [0.996, 1, 1.014]).product
Saw.ar(freq * SinOsc.ar(50).range(0.99, 1.01))
].choose;
muzh = (muzh * 100).clip2;
muzh = (muzh * env).wrap(-1, 0.1);

// pikl is fodder for the filt
env2 = EnvGen.ar(Env.perc(0.085, 0.6), trig);
pikl = BPF.ar(Saw.ar(freq * 8), freq * 32, 0.1) * env2.squared * rrand(0, 0.25);

// push it through a v hi resonator whose resonant freq sweeps up or down
envhi = ToggleFF.ar(trig).lag(0.3).linexp(0, 1, 2000, 11000);
his = BPF.ar(muzh + pikl, envhi).clip2(0.01) * 10;