Request new Buzz Tools, Effects, Generators, Features

JMC

Re: Request new Buzz Tools, Effects, Generators, Features

Post by JMC »

Klangkulisse wrote:
Buzz Machine online pic gen
a online tool to generate Buzz Machine pictures
... or connect a machine to your microwave oven and it generates a ... pizza? :roll:
This would be awesome, a Arduino controll machine, for who ever likes to make sound with his IPv6 Building.

What i meand came fom the idea to write some thing about Buzz, and then i thoght a machine pic would be cool, then i thoght about srceenshot and cuting the machine picture out, then i thoght a online machine pic gen would be handy :lol:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

and then i thought
I appriciate anyone having a lot of thoughts, but this place here is the devs channel, that should not be spilled with viewiness. ;)
I am not a developer (and I have thoughts too). 8-)
JMC

Post by JMC »

Klangkulisse wrote:
and then i thought
I appriciate anyone having a lot of thoughts, but this place here is the devs channel, that should not be spilled with viewiness. ;)
I am not a developer (and I have thoughts too). 8-)
Exactly thats why it is now all in one topic,
in that way there exist some thing like a bridge between users and developers with out desturbing them in theyr development topics, but also not disturbing the forum at all by opening 1000 topics for each idea that every one has at least twice ;)

such a bridge between users and developers is a offer to both, developers can collect ideas, they dont have to read or code every idea, but maybe they get a inspiration and on one idea they will say "this is cool", "i need it too", "i do it". In the other hand users can dream of new stuff and they can present theyr ideas here and hope theyr idea will be seen.
This is a good way to interact between users and developers, it joins them together on ideas and the possibility to get seen.

Of course developers have no time and they have a lot to do, so i think its clear to any one, it is not a "you must do" topic. its just about ideas and exchange of ideas, to developers it can be a source of inspiration or just a statistic about what users whish.
To users it the possibility of beeing heard by developers, its like a sign that they even care about users, may its even a motivation to users them self to get active on the one or other idea.

i have not only thoght about it, i have thoght a lot about it, may still not enough :lol:

as i said before i saw this system on other boards too and the one i metioned above did work well.
They may have a other update system or frequency, so they open a new whish list for each major version of the program. I think this would be too much and it also would be too much pushy for the developers wich just do it for free, if then.
But i always thoght this is a realy fantastic way of geting developers and users together, not just as a individual F1 help file (How does work, how can i, new to buzz, renew to buzz, see the topics), but also by giving back what users can give back, at least funy ideas ;)
Users will see, may later than sooner, there is a possibility some developers will be interested, the project is alive, users are welcome, ideas and creativity is welcome.
Even if it is just a thin feeling, it can be motivating to what ever can happen with ideas.

as i see the situation right now, just drom distance ;)
Every new idea is a own topic, bloating the forum, some new ideas are in the developer section, some in the user section, some... who knows where?
The interaction between developers and users (some are of course both) is mostly on the basis of "where is midi", "i am new where is", "i am back where is midi", "where is vst", "does buzz buzz", i mean there is nothing wrong with that, what else is a forum for?
But i also think developers deserve more than just typing code and beeing the new living F1 in a board where every one seems to know how boards can get messy :lol:

In other boards where i saw similar topics, it can be realy soo boring, some ideas may appear on every topic site, such a topic can, depending on the application usage, get thousand pages in one topic :o , some ideas are realy outstanding brilliand, others are just a inspiration, some times users come up with totaly new ideas and they lay ot all out and you will ask your self how it comes you have not seen it before your self, some times its just absurd, funy, silly or even tragic :lol:
in the other hand, here i see topics about some specific stuff and in them new ideas about other new stuff and then on the edge of some thing it may turns back to the topic as it is given in the title,may not.
Such new ideas could end up here, it is may less necessary to break a topic with new ideas.

Of course every new idea has some pros and cons, such a discussion would not be at the wrong place here, as long the specific idea does not flee into a own topic, because it may is a realy interesting idea and some developers may realy plan to do it.

So i think in the case of buzz which is only used by one half of the world population one such topic is enough, it has not to be a section that gets in it self messy, and it has not to be in the user section, just because the ideas are for the developers, and its not necessary to renew the topic with each buzz version or season or what ever.
Even if no developer cares, the users will place theyr ideas here and do not mess the board, with thousand topics about viewines in every section of the forum.

i think :roll: :lol:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Robotic! :lol:
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

i'm not sure if this is a feature request or a bug report, but:

when you're looping a song, and you drop a template into machine view, the loop point in the sequencer disappears and the song position line just keeps going off into the distance. it would be cool if you could drop in a template and keep your loop going. :geek:
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

feature request: persistent midi map per song

I often spend a bunch of time mapping out knobs to parameters, then reopen the song later and all the mappings are gone. it would be great if each project remembered the controller mappings.
JMC

Post by JMC »

szaszhareen wrote:feature request: persistent midi map per song

I often spend a bunch of time mapping out knobs to parameters, then reopen the song later and all the mappings are gone. it would be great if each project remembered the controller mappings.
This may should be a part of the presets.
Then a user could save a Preset with the knob settings and the controller settings...
or just the knob settings or just the controller settings.

So you can use a generator always the same way, together with your controller...
Or different knob assingments for one generator
Or different generator settins for one controller? :roll:

I mean maybe one time you use the same generator but with a other knob assingment, so there should be some thing to choose Knob Settings 1 or Knob Settings 2.
But maybe you often just use the same knob setting but the Parameter Scroller is more important.

The Presets should of course be stored with the file but may also globaly, some how.

Ahhh ... i dont know, but i like the idea too :D
I have two controllers and i also would like to store different knob assingments :mrgreen:
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

write midi data to note parameter in pattern view on channels other than midi 1.
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

ok so i have one.
this would be major, at least for me.

so i have gotten into the good habit of streamlining and making my patterns more efficient. i will usually edit pattern preferences and cut out anything i am not automating and add effects parameters, patch bays, sampler columns, etc. having all automation pertaining to the same signal helps keep me focused and my sequencer clean and readable. but a lot of times i wont know right off the bat how im going to achieve certain sounds and they get a lot more complex as things get rolling and fleshed out. so, i may have 8 patterns for a synth when i want to add texture from a sampler and/ effects or whatever. so i have to go through and edit each individual pattern so that i can automate throughout and they match so that i can copy and paste parameters. i use CoTW always and that has so many parameter columns and dividers that it can be easy to screw up. and its just plain tedious and can take the momentum out of a nice bout of creativity.

so i have wondered for a long time if it would be possible to add on to the dialog box for pattern preferences like a checkbox or something to include these changes in all patterns for that machine. it would streamline streamlining lol

for me that would be the ultimate feature addition right now

(that and a toolbox for the waveform editor)