how to trigger samples in live situation

hundredcaws

how to trigger samples in live situation

Post by hundredcaws »

how to trigger samples in live situation. without varying pitches but just longer recording. having opportuninty to scrub and scratch through the wave. without wavetable. how to load samples like into liveslice and trigger them pressing buttons on the screen or keys on keyboard? is there such machine? or vst?
AnalogX Scratch is great
analogx.jpg
analogx.jpg (13.22 KiB) Viewed 6742 times
but it is standalone exe file. how to run such a thing it in buzz?
mik82

Re: how to trigger samples in live situation

Post by mik82 »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You could set up a system using UnwieldyTracker2 and a PeerCtl - with peer control of sample offset, stretch, retrigger, and reverse. I just had a quick go doing this, and you can get some interesting effects. In a non live situation I've used pitching up/down and reverse on a drum loop to simulate scratching.
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

well, using peerctrl does not seem easy, i would like to have big buttons like Jeskola Live. In fact i would like to have analogical to Jeskola Live but to trigger samples instead of patterns.
Grids

Post by Grids »

You used to be able to do it with one of the versions of Samplegrid - I remember it working well but requiring a fair bit of tweaking to get it initially set up. You used to be able to assign different samples to all of the keys on your qwerty keyboard.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Grids wrote:You used to be able to do it with one of the versions of Samplegrid - I remember it working well but requiring a fair bit of tweaking to get it initially set up. You used to be able to assign different samples to all of the keys on your qwerty keyboard.
Yes, SG 2 or 3. Group Setup window assigns keys, Group Matrix lets you trigger stuff from the keyboard if it's focussed. Not sure it does all of what the OP wants though.
mik82

Post by mik82 »

You could add this Scratch VST thats's been released on the KVR Developer challenge
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/scratchplug-by-dirkuz
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Samplegrid add mentioned above. Or try the vsts shortcircuit or grace.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

AndersBrontosaurus wrote:Samplegrid add mentioned above. Or try the vsts shortcircuit or grace.

did you actually get this to work? I remember trying to set it up to trigger samples with some midi pads and having no luck. :/
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

szaszhareen wrote:
AndersBrontosaurus wrote:Samplegrid add mentioned above. Or try the vsts shortcircuit or grace.
did you actually get this to work? I remember trying to set it up to trigger samples with some midi pads and having no luck. :/
Ummm, I'm trying to study at the moment so my Buzzbrain isn't really switched on. I'll try to give a better answer tomorrow.
The OP was asking about how to trigger with the qwertykeyboard right? And you about how to use a midicontroller? Am I right?