Can't remember how to use Polac VSTi

Willy

Can't remember how to use Polac VSTi

Post by Willy »

I downloaded a x86 version from a random website, copied it into the generators folders. When I now load the machine into Buzz, I can double-click it and load up a DLL, right? After choosing a VST synth, nothing happens though. The window of the synth doesn't pop up. What am I doing wrong?
polac

Re: Can't remember how to use Polac VSTi

Post by polac »

Did you download from here?

http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/

It should be possible to load a vst via doubleclick here.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Yes, that random website happened to be yours. As I only need the VSTi machine, I just used these two files:
Buzz\Gear\Machines.dll
Buzz\Gear\Generators\Polac VSTi 1.1.dll

The VST I'm trying to load is Synth1 1.12:
http://synth1.com
polac

Post by polac »

Best would be to install the complete package :). At least you require the scan.exe in your buzz folder too.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Thanks, it's working now :dance:

I noticed that your page says:
Buzz\vstscan.exe
Buzz\dxscan.exe

But in the archive they are called:
vst.exe
scan.exe
polac

Post by polac »

I noticed that your page says:
Buzz\vstscan.exe
Buzz\dxscan.exe

But in the archive they are called:
vst.exe
scan.exe
Yes i have to update the webpage :) . Scan.exe combines the vstscan.exe and dxscan.exe now. The vst.exe is used when you want to run a vst in a separate process. There is also a vst.x64.exe in bin64 folder required for 64bit vsts.
liftman

Post by liftman »

thanks polac!

it feels awesome to have you answer a forum topic. makes me very confident to not to give up the attempt to really restart buzzing for a very serious album project after 5+ years of renoise.
let me ask one too. which machine do I use to connect live line input? I cannot figure it out now, nothing I connected gets me signal into the chain.
also, -maybe this is not exactly your cup of tea but again, coming from renoise- I don't know if buzz can at all do what renoise, to live record a wav sample from a line input into a wavetable slot?

thanks in advance!

greg
liftman

Post by liftman »

back again.
managed to figure out asio in, mic in 1 works fine, no latency,
but as I tried to snap this screenshot, what I dont get is how I could select input 2 of my Avid C400.
it only shows 1 input, which happens to be my mic connected to channel 1 and it gets signal through like a charm. where would be channel 2?

thanks again!

greg
Attachments
asio in working.bmx - Buzz - [Machines].jpg
asio in working.bmx - Buzz - [Machines].jpg (31.28 KiB) Viewed 6634 times
polac

Post by polac »

I don't know if buzz can at all do what renoise, to live record a wav sample from a line input into a wavetable slot?
You can record to wavetable with polac vst(found in the edit submenu in the gui window). To record live input connect a polac audio in instance to a vst.
managed to figure out asio in, mic in 1 works fine, no latency,
but as I tried to snap this screenshot, what I dont get is how I could select input 2 of my Avid C400.
it only shows 1 input, which happens to be my mic connected to channel 1 and it gets signal through like a charm. where would be channel 2?
Polac audio in is a multichannel machine. There should be a "dot" on the machine connection line where to select the audio channel.
liftman

Post by liftman »

Untitled - Buzz - [Machines].jpg
Untitled - Buzz - [Machines].jpg (69.78 KiB) Viewed 6613 times
thanks for your answer polac. appreciate it.
however, I might misunderstand something
polac wrote:ou can record to wavetable with polac vst(found in the edit submenu in the gui window). To record live input connect a polac audio in instance to a vst.
Polac VST? Which VST? Polac VST 1.1, VST Control, VSTi 1.1?
(I didnt find Edit submenu in these.)
I don't want to record whats coming out of a VST (although this is also nice to have) but lets say a live bass played through audio in 1, into a wavetable slot.
(How do I do recording? Suppose I just go F6 and whats recorded so far gets to the wavetable .

The other question is with the input channel selection again (sorry I might sound dumb)
Is the "dot" the 0 or 1 in the middle of the connection wire? I see I can select there, although it offers my two line ins only as a Stereo Pair (0), and the other is the S/PDIF (1) also as a pair. If I go to right click menu and Select Attributes, my options are 0 and 1. But if I change these, it does not reflrect in the number in the connection wire (screenshot).

Thanks for your time!
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

liftman wrote:...but lets say a live bass played through audio in 1, into a wavetable slot.
(How do I do recording? Suppose I just go F6 and whats recorded so far gets to the wavetable .
You also have this option...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2100
polac

Post by polac »

Polac VST? Which VST? Polac VST 1.1, VST Control, VSTi 1.1?
(I didnt find Edit submenu in these.)
I don't want to record whats coming out of a VST (although this is also nice to have) but lets say a live bass played through audio in 1, into a wavetable slot.
(How do I do recording? Suppose I just go F6 and whats recorded so far gets to the wavetable
The polac vst 1.1 from http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/ is the right one. The other polac vst is obsolete. I recommend to install the complete package.

You have to load a vst (lets say a delay or a reverb) and zero the wet amount so that it only let the dry amount through. Other option is to load a cheapo do-nothing instance to polac vst(this is a buzzmachine, polac vst also loads buzz machines).
The other question is with the input channel selection again (sorry I might sound dumb)
Is the "dot" the 0 or 1 in the middle of the connection wire? I see I can select there, although it offers my two line ins only as a Stereo Pair (0), and the other is the S/PDIF (1) also as a pair. If I go to right click menu and Select Attributes, my options are 0 and 1. But if I change these, it does not reflrect in the number in the connection wire (screenshot).
Yes the round thing on the connection wire. By default the input are paired as stereo, but if you want mono inputs you have to select 0 in the attributes, odd that it didn't work for you, checked here it works for me.
mute

Post by mute »

the attribute is for forcing mono or stereo channels. that's not what you want. you want what polac referred to by right clicking on the circle:
Attachments
input.png
input.png (75.84 KiB) Viewed 6564 times