Jeskola Buzz

brokenmind

Jeskola Buzz

Post by brokenmind »

Hello guys, it has been more than a year of the last release of our favorite software, so i am wondering is there going to be a new version soon?
Buzz has unique workflow and we love it! It will be tragic if the project is abandoned :(
Joachip

Re: Jeskola Buzz

Post by Joachip »

The last time this project was silent for a decade, I still kept using it.
I don't regret that now.

Are you missing something in particular?
brokenmind

Post by brokenmind »

I am very happy that Buzz exists at all, i am still using it also from early 2000.
There are of course some things that are problems with buzz, but generally it is complete and stable (nothing that can stop a person to create music).
Any software is always work in progress, that is what makes it competitive and keeps the users community growing and happy.
Just thinking that we all like new features and improvements and if there is a way to help this happen i will be glad to do so :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

Chahur's pattern XP or Snowglobe's machines are great updates, Scale Walker makes Buzz totally different if you want, Buzz is the more modular thing we can find for music, with max msp, Buzz should be better known and used.
kanarie

Post by kanarie »

Hi there

A regular Buzz user since 1998:)
I'm still on the oct 2000 build with Overloader, but on windows 10.

Buzz takes care of my mixing and effects duties, sequencing is handled by my own crappy vb6 software. I'm using a more or less static (huge) setup in Buzz, which has slowly evolved during the last couple of years. Everything is controlled (though not exactly synced) via midi & peer machines (start/stop, bpm, a ton of mixing / effect / vsts) and some soft synths / samplers (mostly vstis). I never felt any need to switch to another daw:)

I tried to transfer my config to new buzz once, but couldn't succeed after an hour or two, so I stuck with the 2000 version..

The only little thing that's been bugging me is that Buzz 2000 usually hangs right after launching it, this has been going on ever since I switched to windows 10. On XP this never happenend. I usually have to launch a couple of times before it works. After that, Buzz 2000 is solid as a rock. I'm guessing it's a driver / midi issue.

Many thanks to all who contributed, especially OT & BTDSys!
Attachments
Kanarie's Buzz config
Kanarie's Buzz config
buzz2000_kanarie.jpg (202.16 KiB) Viewed 3013 times