freezer - wde i think?

rav

Re: freezer - wde i think?

Post by rav »

Great, thank you wde!

There is something not right with stereo signals while saved to wavetable (with Freezer 2 too). I have made some test and i think it duplicates Left channel to Right. Recording pure Right channel gives silence.
Looks like both machines support only 44100 samplerate. Freezer also adds clicking to the signal if it is not 44100 samplerate.
wde

Post by wde »

Hey, those are features! Ok, I updated both plugins (viewtopic.php?p=12049#p12049)

- Stereo bug fix
- Sample rate bug fix

I can't reproduce those clicks, so maybe try different audio driver and see if there is a difference.
rav

Post by rav »

wde wrote:Hey, those are features!
Yeah, sure :>
wde wrote:Ok, I updated both plugins (viewtopic.php?p=12049#p12049)

- Stereo bug fix
- Sample rate bug fix
Thank you! EasyRec works great now.
wde wrote:I can't reproduce those clicks, so maybe try different audio driver and see if there is a difference.
I have tried many things and audio drivers, nothing changes. Works ok only with 44,1 kHz.
Here is audio sample, it looks like there are random delays and cuts along the record.
Freezer2-clicks.7z
(63.97 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Any reason the wavetable slot can't be a parameter that can get automated? Does it need to be .NET or something? I don't care about using it live, but it could be used to gather slices it it had the param. Maybe I'll actually dig into the source cuz it seems way easy..
wde

Post by wde »

rav wrote:I have tried many things and audio drivers, nothing changes. Works ok only with 44,1 kHz.
Here is audio sample, it looks like there are random delays and cuts along the record.
Thanks for the example, I can reproduce it now. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this.

More in detail (and maybe this should be in the developer area):

It seems that in

Code: Select all

public bool Work(Sample[] output, Sample[] input, int numsamples, WorkModes mode)
function when you try to get the current exact play position calling

Code: Select all

int playPosition = Global.Buzz.Song.PlayPosition * host.MasterInfo.SamplesPerTick + host.MasterInfo.PosInTick;
you do not get exact play position if using sample rates above 44,1 kHz. This play position is used both in recording to and playing from memory.
wde

Post by wde »

synthphase wrote:Any reason the wavetable slot can't be a parameter that can get automated? Does it need to be .NET or something? I don't care about using it live, but it could be used to gather slices it it had the param. Maybe I'll actually dig into the source cuz it seems way easy..
Please go ahead and try to extend it/fork it :) It should be easy to do.