How to send midi cc to a vst (sq8l) in buzz 1.2, internally?

bozz

How to send midi cc to a vst (sq8l) in buzz 1.2, internally?

Post by bozz »

I load SQ8L, playing nicely, now I want to control its filter using cc 74, how can I accomplish this? Buze has miditracker, which buzz does not have? Any internal method of sending cc events to another machine, in this example to sq8l? Thanks in advance.

Probably basics for advanced buzz users, but having buze, buzz, in wine, then something works here, something there.

UPDATE: Found one solution, but not sure if this is the most elegant way, probably not.
Using vMidiOut as midi out, then Polac Midi In 1.1 as midi in, midi send to SQ8L, wiring from SQ8L to Polac Midi In 1.1.
Then programming vMidiOut as follows for midi cc = 74 to control SQ8L's filter:
In Effect column: 004A
In last column, MSB (high byte) of destination Effect Data value: write your values 00..7F.
This seems to work, but quite complicated, just to control a parameter via midi input. No more elegant ways?

Reformulating my question in a different form: Can we route midi events in buzz 1.2 also internally without having to go out first over midi out port, then back in via the midi in port again? Simple internal midi event routing, so we could have kind of unlimited 'midi event routing channels'? As you might know reaper solves this by using child tracks, which send their midi events automatically to their parent tracks (or folder tracks), or by using track routing. buzz has cables for wiring audio, but not midi? Is this true?
Last edited by bozz on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ags

Re: How to send midi cc to a vst (sq8l) in buzz 1.2, interna

Post by ags »

09 track command in Polac VST(i) where sq8l is loaded.
bozz

Post by bozz »

Thanks a lot! 09 4Axx with xx between 00..7F does the job. Great. Now this is useful.
polac

Post by polac »

The other option would be to use the track parameter column with 304A and the corresponding track value column. This way you also have inertia available though.
bozz

Post by bozz »

Thanks polac, I will try this also. First thought there is no easy way, now it seems there are even two alternatives, one without inertia, another with inertia. Have to find out what is the use of 'inertia' and how to use it bestly?

UPDATE: Tried this command quickly, works also.
Track Parameter: 304A
Track Parameter Value: xx--
with xx between 00..7F, the other two fields -- have only minor effect on the value.
What is better in this second approach is the entire column is only for the value, so it should be easier for selecting, interpolating or randomizing those values.