Can we draw automations?

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: Can we draw automations?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

polac wrote:... I have programmed an envelope track for my own sequencer, I could try to port this to Buzz.
I'm on my knees. Could be awesome with mixio
JMC

Post by JMC »

If i remember right, there shoul be some where a tool, called BuzzPlugXP.exe.
This tool can draw parameters into buzz.
It still should work with the new buzz.

Maybe this can help until this awesome function gets real in buzz (i saw the nice picture).
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

JMC wrote:If i remember right, there shoul be some where a tool, called BuzzPlugXP.exe.
This tool can draw parameters into buzz.
It still should work with the new buzz.

Maybe this can help until this awesome function gets real in buzz (i saw the nice picture).
Haven't tried the BuzzplugXP yet. Has anybody else? There is also the Kazuya graph64 but it's limited to 64 steps. ( and I honestly haven't tried that one either....)

Questions:
- Rather than thinking about whether the hypothetical automations should be displayed on F2 or F4page, wouldn't it be awesome with a dedicated automationpage instead? And then you could add the tracks you want to automate there?
- Would it be possible to create the automations within an effect? Snowglobe's parambulator or or PeerCtrl perhaps has the potential to host an editable waveform?
Last edited by AndersBrontosaurus on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Not to detract from any work being done on this, but if you mess with your patternXP fonts you can get more info on the Ctrl+G screen. It doesn't have curves or anything but it looks okay.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (151.34 KiB) Viewed 5851 times
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hey synthphase,
what kind of font is that you are using? I like the style of the thin graphic lines (under cutoff, LFO1 rate), mine are more like a fat block with an outline.
Attachments
graphic.jpg
graphic.jpg (33.94 KiB) Viewed 5830 times
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

You can experiment with dos fonts and find a good one for ctrl+g. Here is a link to some classic ones: https://int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/fontlist/

Also you have to "zoom" out by selecting a smaller font size then may even be shown in the list.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Thanks for the link, synthphase.
I tryed a lot, but I cannot achieve those nice slim lines that you have in your control-G-view.
Are they really font-based or ist a special trick? :?
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

I addressed the interpolated (not tick based ) volume curve for sounds here:
It's a kind of pseudo automation, but with interpolation buttons of patternXp it comes near to it - somehow.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2413#p13093

PS. actually I was searching for any threat showing phase-interference solutions for mixing/mastering. But thats's an other stoy. :)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2262&hilit=phase#p11935