[SOLVED] Tiny bug in preferences?

AndersBrontosaurus

[SOLVED] Tiny bug in preferences?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I've discovered a small issue which may be a bug. Most of the time I use an external Novation usb-soundcard but sometimes if I'm at work and leave it at home I have to use the internal one.
If i used Buzz last time with the external soundcard and the appropriate driver (which will be Novation usb asio) I will get the errormessage "Asio initialization failed" when I start Buzz without the external soundcard connected. I have not found a way to use asio 4 all if initiallzation have failed so I have to suffice with Wasapi until I get home. This is no real problem for me. (At least not until my soundcard breaks and I won't be able to revert to Asio4all.) I just thought I should post it since there's another post about Asio initialization at the moment.

Anders
Last edited by AndersBrontosaurus on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNZ

Re: Tiny bug in preferences?

Post by UNZ »

you should still be able to get into the pvst CONFIG dialog and change the driver to asio4all.

otherwise you'll have to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jeskola\Buzz\Polac ASIO
AndersBrontosaurus

Re: Tiny bug in preferences?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

UNZ wrote:you should still be able to get into the pvst CONFIG dialog and change the driver to asio4all.

otherwise you'll have to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jeskola\Buzz\Polac ASIO
Well the problem is that when I click "config" nothing happens, the window doesn't popup.
I assume I could set driver to wasapi and reboot computer. This should avoid the errormessage "Asio initialization failed" at Buzz startup, go to prefs and change back from wasapi to polac asio and hopefully it works.

Great that there is the other solution, to delete HKEY* too.

/Anders
UNZ

Re: [SOLVED] Tiny bug in preferences?

Post by UNZ »

iirc this bug has been around forever. its two fold because its partly a usability issue imho. you select the driver, but you can't immediately click config, you have to click apply first (or restart buzz..) to be able to click config and get into the selected driver's config menu. pretty stupid imho, it should just switch to the driver immediately, like the dropdown in the menu-bar does. the other part is that once the registry is fucked up (because some device is not connected anymore or so) there seems to be a possibility to end up in a state where you really have to mess with the registry (i had to do it once or twice too). this obviously should never happen.
polac

Post by polac »

I really have to fix this one.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Still not fixed run into this today hate messing about with the registry
polac

Post by polac »

Sorry for not fixing this one :mrgreen:. As I'm fiddling around with the loaders again I will fix this bug then too.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Wow that would be great. I have tried every hack and fix none of them worked. I did get it to change error message that was about it. Also i am having problem renaming presets if prevent focus stealing is on. It plays the notes rather than type letters
IXix

Post by IXix »

polac wrote:I'm fiddling around with the loaders again
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
polac

Post by polac »

I think I found the asio bug, cannot test it here though, but I think fixed it now, uploading in the next days then.
IXix

Post by IXix »

polac wrote:I think I found the asio bug, cannot test it here though, but I think fixed it now, uploading in the next days then.
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Days turning into weeks
polac

Post by polac »

Slightly annoyed, eh? ;) I uploaded it now, no guarantee that it works 100%.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7