Pvst and synthmaster one help

mirens

Pvst and synthmaster one help

Post by mirens »

I bought synthmaster one but can not get it to work in buzz.
Can someone (who uses buzz x86 build) please download demo of synthmaster one from this page https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmasterone.aspx
and install 32bit version of the plugin and open it in buzz.

I can load the plugin in buzz. GUI of the plugin is responding normaly, but there is no sound coming from the synth.
Can someone please check if it works on your system, or you have the same problem.
onecircles

Re: Pvst and synthmaster one help

Post by onecircles »

I haven't tried the synth, but have you tried checking all it's outputs by right clicking the little circle with the zero? Also is there any panning issues, and is there gain? Also if you have a lowpass filter it has to be set all the way to the top, and vice versa for a highpass filter. There are a lot of reasons for a synth to not make any noise. You could also have the envelope set to no sustain.

Sorry if none of this helps, those are my ideas :D
mirens

Post by mirens »

I checked all that and everything is fine. I downloaded VSThost program and synth works just fine, but in buzz something strange is going on.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I see. Do other vst work within buzz? Are you using polac vst handler?
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

I'm seeing the same behavior here. Can't get a sound out of it no matter what I do. Loading the 64-bit version will just crash vst.x64.exe. I tried updating my year-old installation to the latest version (1.1.6) and still nothing. I got it in a bundle with Synthmaster 2 a while ago and haven't really used it, but I could swear it worked before. Maybe I'm remembering playing around with the standalone version though, which works fine.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@ mirens: I don't know, perhaps it is an old hat, but I had almost the same problem with two guitar vst. Did you try to run it in it's own process? There is an Option for that in the vstloader ...
polac

Post by polac »

I downloaded the old Synthmaster One version and I got it to work. You have to enable "Process with Fixed Blocksize" in the loader preferences and restart Buzz.

Edit: That's odd, sometimes it seems to work and then sometimes not, hmm. No problems with version 2 of Synthmaster though, also 64bit works.

Edit2: All nonsense, fixed blocksize doesn't help here, it seems to work randomly even with fixed blocksize off.
mirens

Post by mirens »

Thanks a lot guys! So it's not a problem with my buzz instalation. I guess I will have to play standalone version somehow though buzz.
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

It's probably also worth contacting Synthmaster's support to see if they can fix it. Buzz is pretty niche, but you're still a paying customer, so maybe they'll put the effort into figuring out what's going wrong.
mirens

Post by mirens »

You are right, that is my last option now.
polac

Post by polac »

mirens wrote:I checked all that and everything is fine. I downloaded VSThost program and synth works just fine, but in buzz something strange is going on.
I also tested with VstHost, but I also get occasional crashes here and there and sometimes no sound. Also crashes Xlutop Chainer now and then. Plugin seems to me a little bit buggy.
mirens

Post by mirens »

Finaly, it is working every time now... I had The option "Stop Processing On Silence" turned on under Pvst>Preferences>Global 2.
So when synth is not producing any sound cpu usage go down to 0.1% in cpu monitor. When synth is on 0.1% it becomes unresponsive in gui.
I turned off "Stop Processing On Silence" option and it is now working like it should.
I hope this is some kind of solution.