IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated May 26th 2019

Post by IXix »

@tinga these tracks are very interesting. The rhythms are fantastic.
thOke

Re: Referring to tingas latest example-tracks

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote:
thOke wrote: That's the problem. There is the original version of 4fm2f, which does not support peer tuning and a version from IX that does.
Ha, so it was my fault after all! :lol:
Yes, more of that kind, please! 8-)
Great examples, tinga!
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@tinga: there's no need for :oops: and, well, the polyrhythms are cool and if somebody is able to do this with IxMagic it is pretty good work, I always enjoyed the drumming of Stewart Copeland, if I would be able to produce such stuff with Buzz-IXix-automization this would be really "superb"
tinga

Post by tinga »

A small video demo to show how to play a melody easily, and of course the bmx.
Its a vals from Venezuela, basic polyrhythm 3/4- 6/8 as you can see F#5 play the note of the melody and start the rhythm, C8 reset and stop.
There are many way to make drum machines in buzz, but to write the groove is not easy, accents and note delay , Magic could be able to do that.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

IT seems as If I still cannot find the Working Version of 4fm2f anywhere, can you please Set a Link to your custom Version. In my Win7 32 Bit System the track Starts and then the Sound stops. But peertune does Not Crash.
I have a Version 151 kb and 164 in ... Why dies tue Sound Stop ....?
Edit: Not necessary anymore all tracks work with the 151 kb Madbrains 4fm2f. It is the more uptodate verson. It seems as if Tinga's tracks only run on 64 bit systems and not on 32 bit windows? Is that possible? Or am I simply missing another thing under 32 bit windows. The track starts and then the track runs on, but no sound at all.
Anyway, some of Tinga's tracks have Kraftwrk quality. I think I'll go into the kitchen and will cook some meal with the headphones on ... ! :P :P
Found the error - it's good to have a meal one time or another - I still had an old version of peer lfo installed on this setup. Now the tracks run also fine on 32 bit cpu win 7 32 bit.
And another addition to my "loud thinking": If you grabbed tinga's polyrhythm tracks like monzoli, please open the "Notebook"-machine, tinga included some very fine stuff in it, like rhythm-patterns and also 7zip-Archives with useful stuff. I didn't know we can do that. Fine, 'cause you can send rare stuff via this way to everyone who needs it in the track ... . Very 8-) :ugeek:
rav

Post by rav »

thOke wrote: That's the problem. There is the original version of 4fm2f, which does not support peer tuning and a version from IX that does. In mý gear folder the version from IX was named "MadBrain's 4fm2f Custom" so the original version was loaded into tinga's files instead of the newer IX version.

There are also "custom versions" of MadBrain's Dynamite 6 and M4. I am not sure if i added the "Custom" to keep the originals or if tinga renamed the versions from IX and replaced the original DLLs.
Anyway ... your struggle was successful, Buzztler!

Problem solved :dance:
Is it possible to download these somewhere? Could you upload all these custom/updated versions of machines?
I know also about custom PeerLFO, but maybe you have newest version? Please upload this too if it's not an issue :P
IXix

Post by IXix »

rav wrote:Is it possible to download these somewhere? Could you upload all these custom/updated versions of machines?
I know also about custom PeerLFO, but maybe you have newest version? Please upload this too if it's not an issue :P
I'll upload my Custom builds of 4FM2F and Dynamite6...

edit: Done. Made a new thread for them.

:geek:

also edit: Hang on... did I do the M4 too? I'll just check... :lol:

also also edit: oh yeah, looks like I did! I'll put it in the other thread... :oops:
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated August 8th 2019

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote:2019/08.08 - IX Magic 1.10- x86
+ Machine version 1.10 (File version 11)
+ Step repeats can now be linked to a child Event
+ Added Step repeat multiplier
+ Added repeat token 'x' for note sequence steps eg. "Cx4" instead of "C,C,C,C"
+ Due to changes in file structure, songs saved with Magic 1.10 won't work with previous versions but there's no need to use previous versions so don't worry about it.
Update bump! A couple of nice improvements for working with note sequence Events.

I had to rework the note sequence parsing code quite heavily to get the repeats thing going so keep an eye out for bugs in chords/arpeggios etc. but I think it's all working properly, possibly better than before.

I added a multiplier to the Step repeats so now you can do 4 x 5 instead of 20 and you can now derive the number of repeats from an Event, which is very useful.

Keep an eye out for any bugs with Event on/off delay values too. I changed some stuff behind the scenes in preparation for future improvements but I don't think there are any issues.

Enjoy!
thOke

Post by thOke »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Thank you!
tinga

Post by tinga »

Cool update, 2 new multipliers, in tekno musik note repetitions are the basis :lol: , thank you.
Is it possible to have a tick subdivision for the delay parameter? 1/16 could be enough.
I think there is a bug when we use 2 magics together, randomly pages disappear, of course why use 2 magics, one is enough, it was just a test, so maybe I made something wrong.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Is it possible to have a tick subdivision for the delay parameter? 1/16 could be enough.
You can use decimal fractions in the delay boxes. I know it's awkward to put "0.0625" when you could just use "1/16" but it will work. I can't guarantee it will be correct to the nearest sample but it should be close. One of the things I'm hoping to add is the ability to use actual fractions like "5/16" etc. (fractions are disabled when "samples" is selected)
tinga wrote:I think there is a bug when we use 2 magics together, randomly pages disappear, of course why use 2 magics, one is enough, it was just a test, so maybe I made something wrong.
I'll see if I can find anything. If you can get it to happen consistently please let me know the steps to repeat it. Using two instances is supposed to be fine but I haven't done much testing.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:You can use decimal fractions in the delay boxes.
I did not know that :o , so I update my poor brain, done :)
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:
IXix wrote:You can use decimal fractions in the delay boxes.
I did not know that :o , so I update my poor brain, done :)
I might have forgotten to include that in the docs. :oops:
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:I might have forgotten to include that in the docs.
Maybe the help could have 100 pages to explain Magic's skills, anyway decimal values are perfect, I just try it, good stuff for groove.
tinga

Post by tinga »

I think that 2 magics in a setup cause a small bug, the second one looses his pages when I reload the bmx, but it works.
Another annoying thing, "load page events" is broken since the last update, when I try to write a value for notes, Buzz closes immediately.
If we save the template before closing, we have just to reopen the file when we reload the bmx, so this bug is not important, and 2 magics in a setup should be exceptional, which is not the case for load page events.
2 months I don't play with Buzz, so cool to return 8-)
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:I think that 2 magics in a setup cause a small bug, the second one looses his pages when I reload the bmx
Sorry tinga, you mentioned that before and I completely forgot to look into it. I'll get on it as soon as I can.
tinga wrote:Another annoying thing, "load page events" is broken since the last update, when I try to write a value for notes, Buzz closes immediately
That's not good! I obviously didn't test that feature well enough. :oops:

I'll try to get an update out as soon as possible.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:I'll try to get an update out as soon as possible.
No worries, I have not finished exploring all the features, for example the note off mode, seems to be very useful, and also the velocity layers, so take your time :) .
Magic can sequence everything, with a multi clocks system, different units, Magic, Accumulator, Split and Patchbay form a very consistent suite, extended modularity 8-) .
IXix

Post by IXix »

Found the problem, looking for a solution. The Pages aren't gone, they just don't load. Unfortunately the obvious fix breaks something else so I need to think about it a bit. :(
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated December 10th 2019

Post by IXix »

Fixed!
2019.12.10 - IX Magic 1.10a - x86
+ Fixed Page loss when loading multiple instances
+ Out of range notes in arpeggios are now replaced with rests.
+ Fixed Page Load events not firing on song load
+ Fixed Trigger Sequence Events over-advancing target Sequence on triggering
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Another annoying thing, "load page events" is broken since the last update, when I try to write a value for notes, Buzz closes immediately.
I was so focussed on the missing Page problem that I forgot about this other bug. I haven't observed this behaviour but I did fix a few bugs that may have been related. Do you still have this problem? If so, can you give me steps to reproduce it?