Cant open my old bmx in a fresh install of buzz

retrigger

Cant open my old bmx in a fresh install of buzz

Post by retrigger »

Hi peeps,

Long time no see, right? I have a problem that I think it could be easy to fix. I have to open a specific bmx from the past (2014), I just downloaded the newest buzz, polac loaders and matilde tracker, but buzz crashes before it even opens the file.

It's a bloated bmx, I am sure. I just wanted to take some samples and some notes from there, so I can remake the song. What should I do? I remember there was a software that could edit the bmx outside buzz, maybe I can take some machines out and it would work? I really just need 3 samples and the notes from one polac vsti...

thanks and I hope you are all ok!
magmavander

Re: Cant open my old bmx in a fresh install of buzz

Post by magmavander »

Try Buzz Little Helper. I have uploaded it here :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2273

In the help file of it :

Buzzers little helper is a program for external manipulation of bmx and bmw files created with Jeskola Buzz.

It provides the following copy functions:
Replacing gears
Copying between two gears
Creating a 1:1 copy of a gear
Importing gears from other songs (including patterns and sequences)

... note manipulation functions:
Transposing
Inverting
Replacing pattern note entries

... wave manipulating functions:
Replacing pattern wave entries
Export waves from the wavetable -/- The whole code for decompressing and exporting the waves in a Buzz song was written by Mark Collier (http://www.marcnetsystem.co.uk) and Ed Powley(http://btdsys.cjb.net)

...misc. functions:
{bml pt.bmp Tidying up a song (removing empty or unused patterns, etc)

Adding, removing and renaming gears
Removing connections
retrigger

Post by retrigger »

Hey! Thanks!!!!!

That is it! But when I try to open my BMX, it says "Machine Matilde Tracker 2 is not listed in machine.ini" and "Error open file, Code:19"

I tried opening the machines.ini file in notepad but I guess that is not the right way. Anyone has any idea what to do?

Thanks a bunch!
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

From the Help file :

Machine.ini:
Like M2Buzz and Chordwizard the program uses a machine.ini, where the internal gear data is stored.
Therefore it does not need to load the gears used in the song. You can delete or replace a machine, if Buzz crashes when trying to load this gear.
On the other hand every new gear have to be added to the machine.ini, before you can use it in Blh. In most cases this only takes two mouse clicks,.

Important:
Adding and replacing a gear make use of a second file beside machine.ini name specific.dat, where the machine specific data of the gears is stored. If a gear is listed in the machine.ini the program is able to load it, but only if it is listed in specific.dat too the program is able to add it to the song. If a gear is missing in the specific.dat (you won’t find it in the machine-list of the add- or replace-dialog), you only have to load a song, which contains this gear, once in Buzzers little helper. The program reads out the machine specific data and saves it. I don’t know why, but this works.

Annotations:
The program creates the whole PARA-chunk of a song on his own and deletes all entries in the PDLG-chunk.
The machine.ini of this program has is in a new format and is not compatible with other machine.ini files of M2Buzz or Chordwizard (till version 0.75, the next version will use the same classes and machine.ini).

Handling the machine.ini

Select the command Machine Manager from the main menu/submenu File to open a dialog, where you can edit the machine.ini.

Adding new machines:
Select the command Search for new machines from the dialog menu/submenu Machines.
Select the ..\Gear folder from your Buzz directory. (Remember: Gear, not Effect or Generator!)
Click the Ok-Button

The routine might cause the program to crash.
Some machines won’t be found.

Some machines are stored in Buzz itself and have to be added manually to Blh’s machine.ini.

Adding a machine manually:
Warning:
Don’t edit the machine.ini, if you don’t know, what you are doing!!! False values can lead to instability of Blh and corrupted songs, which won’t be loaded by any program except a hexeditor. I recommend, that you create a copy of your machine.ini before editing it.

Right click on the machine list (upper left corner) and select the command Add

Enter the machines data in the window to the right

Name:
Enter the name of the machine. It doesn’t need to be correct. For example: Matilde Tracker

Filename:
Enter the name of the corresponding dll-file (without .dll). For example: Matilde Tracker
If the gear is an internal machine, enter the correct name of the gear here. When loading a file, Blh uses this string to identify a machine.

Shortname:
Open Buzz and add the machine to a song. The name of the newly added machine is the short name. For example: Mtrk for Matilde Tracker. It doesn’t need to be correct.

Type:
Select the type of the machine.

Min tracks:
Add the machine to a song in Buzz and add a new pattern for it. The number of tracks (having number 0-... at the top) now existing is the number of minimum tracks.

Max tracks:
Add as many tracks as possible ->max tracks

Flags:
The following values (Mono to Stereo,...) aren’t important for Blh. And for example I don’t know, what uses lib interface mean. Set those values, you know and leave the rest.
CONTROL_MACHINE:

Controls other machines
NO_OUTPUT:
You shouldn’t be able to connect this machine to another one, if the NO_OUTPUT flag is set.
Add the parameters of the gear in the window in the lower left corner by right clicking and selecting the command Add/global parameter or Add/track parameter. Start with the first global parameter and end with the last track parameter.
Enter the parameters data in the window to the right. The most important value is the type-value. A wrong setting can make the whole program unusable.

Name:
Enter the parameters name here. It should but it doesn’t need to be correct.

Type:
Select note for a note parameter.
Select switch for a switch parameter (0-1, on-off, for example trigger-parameter from Rout 808).
Select Byte for a parameter of size one byte or Word for a parameter of size two bytes. As I see it, a Byte-parameter has ‘2 dots’ in a pattern, while a Word-parameter has ‘4 dots’ in a pattern. Create a pattern in Buzz and count the dots.

Minvalue:

Add the machine to a song in Buzz and add a new pattern for it. Go to the parameters column and try out, which is the lowest value you can enter ->minvalue

Maxvalue:
Do the same for the highest possible value

Novalue:
You cannot find out this value. It is the value for empty entries. Novalue have to be below minvalue or higher than maxvalue.
For a note parameter this value is always 255.
For a switch parameter this value is always 255.
For a Byte value this value is often 255. If maxvalue is 255 and minvalue 1, try 0 instead.

For a Word value this value is often 65535. If maxvalue is 65535 and minvalue 1, try 0 instead. If it doesn’t work, try 32768.

Defvalue:
Go to the machine view in Buzz and open the gears parameter dialog. The values shown there should be the default values. Sometimes the values are ‘scaled’. Go to the pattern view and try out, which hexadecimal value corresponds to a value in the parameter dialog. This value is only needed for parameters with the MPF_STATE flag set.

MPF_WAVE:
Yes, if the machine uses the wavetable.

MPF_STATE:
Yes, if the parameter is accessable through the machines parameter dialog. For example: A note parameter can only be set in a pattern, therefore it MPF_STATE have to be set to no.
retrigger

Post by retrigger »

Opening the HLP file was an adventure in itself! thanks for the help!!!
retrigger

Post by retrigger »

Dude, you are saving a lot of work here, I am really thankful... but... where can I find Matilde Tracker 3? It's not in the buzzmachines site...