IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

thOke

Re: IX Magic - Updated December 28th 2019

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote:
thOke wrote:... and a stupid question: ... bla bla bla
If you want it to fire immediately, put "8:8" in the box. The second value is the counter offset, so the first time the Event is triggered the counter will count "8" instead of "1".
You can also put a third value in which will limit the number of times the Event will fire. "8:8:4" would make it fire every eight triggers but stop firing after the fourth.
You thought about anything!! I'll RTFM before asking stupid questions again, promised! ;)
IXix wrote:
IXix wrote:2020.01.04 - IX Magic 1.10d - x86
+ Fixed control Events not loading base Event properties from template.
Yup, just forgot to paste something in the appropriate spot. :oops: :lol:
Thank you! :dance:
IXix

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote:You thought about anything!! I'll RTFM before asking stupid questions again, promised! ;)
Ha, don't worry! Even I forget how it's supposed to work sometimes! Some of it isn't exactly obvious. :lol:

Thanks for spotting that bug! :)
temporalsounds

Re: IX Magic - Updated January 4th 2020

Post by temporalsounds »

Thank you IXix for the next update again..

Just don't know what does it mean 'Show PAL'.... this shows me:Image
Maybe I have something wrong.Thank you IX !
Attachments
IX magem.rar
(7.39 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Last edited by temporalsounds on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thOke

Post by thOke »

temporalsounds wrote: Just don't know what does it mean 'Show PAL'.... this shows me:Image
Maybe I have something wrong.
You are missing BTDSys PAL2.dll in Buzz\Gear\
BTDSys PAL 2.zip
(24.69 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
i think (some/all?) newer BTDSys machines need it.
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Thank you thOke !
Last edited by temporalsounds on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IXix

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote:You are missing BTDSys PAL2.dll in Buzz\Gear\
i think (some/all?) newer BTDSys machines need it.
PAL2 is not a requirement and in fact it's been somewhat broken since Oskari added zoom/pan to the machine view. Fixing it or making a new version is on my list of things to do but finding the time is difficult.
temporalsounds wrote:My bmx just for fun...
Thanks! Always nice to see what people do with my machines.
IXix

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote:some more pattern-orientated attempts:
Diving deep there thOke. Still lots of corners to explore though! This is possibly the most over-thought machine ever made. You should see the to-do list! :lol:
thOke

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote:
thOke wrote:some more pattern-orientated attempts:
Diving deep there thOke. Still lots of corners to explore though! This is possibly the most over-thought machine ever made. You should see the to-do list! :lol:
That machine is surely a stroke of genius! I am aware of the fact, that there are a lot of features already there
that i didn't touch yet. So don't hurry with that to-do list. :lol:
I am slowly approaching the randomization area and i am happy to discover things i would never have thought
about without your magic machine :!: :!:
tinga

Post by tinga »

thOke wrote:That machine is surely a stroke of genius!
Yes, also my opinion, amazing machine, a masterpiece, new instruments create new musics, Magic opens new worlds, its fully customisable, label everywhere for better understanding of the process, great composition tool! :dance:
thOke

Post by thOke »

crash report :oops: :

i am working on this little snippet:
FUPSD500.zip
(7.93 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
then i removed almost all sequences from page 1 and saved this template:
Auto Sequencer 01.zip
(597 Bytes) Downloaded 292 times
Auto Sequencer 01.jpg
Auto Sequencer 01.jpg (52.17 KiB) Viewed 8187 times
when loading the template into IX Magic Buzz crashes!
IXix

Post by IXix »

Thanks for the kind words thOke and tinga. So glad you're enjoying it. :dance:

@thOke Thanks for the report, I'll look at it as soon as I can. Looking at your screenshot I have an idea where the bug may be lurking.
IXix

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote:2020.01.08 - IX Magic 1.10e - x86
+ Fixed crash due to potential incorrect initialisation after load.
@thOke That should fix the template crash.

It was actually caused by my tampering a few versions back to fix a different problem, so I put things back how they were and implemented a different solution. I've loaded a few songs and everything seems okay but watch out for any new weirdness.

I also noticed that lasso selection in the object list has gone visually bad but it still works for selecting stuff. Can't figure out what needs to be done so that's another thing on the list. :lol:
thOke

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote:
IXix wrote:2020.01.08 - IX Magic 1.10e - x86
+ Fixed crash due to potential incorrect initialisation after load.
@thOke That should fix the template crash.

It was actually caused by my tampering a few versions back to fix a different problem, so I put things back how they were and implemented a different solution. I've loaded a few songs and everything seems okay but watch out for any new weirdness.
Thx for the fast fix!
IXix wrote:I also noticed that lasso selection in the object list has gone visually bad but it still works for selecting stuff. Can't figure out what needs to be done so that's another thing on the list. :lol:
I am always using hot keys for multiple selections. No urgent problem for me.
rav

Re: IX Magic - Updated January 8th 2020

Post by rav »

Hi!
OMG :o WTF is this machine :dance: i love it!

I tested some of its features and found some things.

Bugs:
- double click in those places is crushing Buzz: controller map list (Windows->Resources->CC Maps), sequence -> page load events.
- clear contents of current page 'C' is crushing buzz. sometimes it is not crush only on default start page (sequence + 1 step) or on clear page.

Strange behaviors:
- probability seems to be fake or i dont uderstand it - it is the same every time for each value (i rendered 2 loops and it's 100% accurate). Random rule for steps also works the same. R param in On Value textbox also. Maybe all random values are fake? :D
- changing values in 'text boxes with arrows' by arrow keys or mouse scroll wheel doesn't apply this values at all. They need to be typed by hand or confirmed by enter button or clicked by mouse on little arrows i think.

Requests:
- add some visible change to enable/disable sequence, event, etc. For example grey text color or maybe add default color in this cool square with green on focused row. Disabled could be white.
- is it possible to add some visual feedback (for example flashing squares on triggered sequences/steps/events) for understand a little bit better what is going on in this machine from the deepest peer hell ;p
- i will beg you for random and probability in delay options.
- new event - delay? For making grooves. Controlling delay machines for fast sequences doesn't give good results, because it resets buffers for most of the time.

Sorry if those requests sounds rude or something..., but i just post some ideas. I wrote some of those some time ago in TXT and want to share...
Thank you for sharing this beast with buzzers ;)
IXix

Post by IXix »

rav wrote: - double click in those places is crushing Buzz: controller map list (Windows->Resources->CC Maps), sequence -> page load events.
- clear contents of current page 'C' is crushing buzz. sometimes it is not crush only on default start page (sequence + 1 step) or on clear page.
Thanks! Both fixed in the next build.
rav wrote: - probability seems to be fake or i dont understand it - it is the same every time for each value (i rendered 2 loops and it's 100% accurate). Random rule for steps also works the same. R param in On Value textbox also. Maybe all random values are fake? :D
The random values are pseudo-random, generated by an algorithm based upon a seed value. This means the values will be the same every playback, so your song will sound the same every time. Unfortunately there's no easy way to change the seed value if you want a different sequence of numbers but that's very high on the list of things to do. I could add a true random mode if people think that would be useful.
rav wrote:changing values in 'text boxes with arrows' by arrow keys or mouse scroll wheel doesn't apply this values at all. They need to be typed by hand or confirmed by enter button or clicked by mouse on little arrows i think.
Thanks again! (I didn't know you could do that! :lol:) Not fixed yet but shouldn't be a problem. I also noticed that the Event on/off delay fields don't work with the little arrows anymore (I know why though, I broke them a while ago.)
rav wrote: Requests:
- add some visible change to enable/disable sequence, event, etc. For example grey text color or maybe add default color in this cool square with green on focused row. Disabled could be white.
- is it possible to add some visual feedback (for example flashing squares on triggered sequences/steps/events) for understand a little bit better what is going on in this machine from the deepest peer hell ;p
That's already on the list of things to do but I'd have to manually draw the list instead of just letting windows do it, so it's not an easy job. :(
rav wrote:- i will beg you for random and probability in delay options.
Random delay is also high on the list. Probability for delay is an interesting idea, I'll have a think about it. Upgrades to the Event delay system will be in the next major update.
rav wrote:- new event - delay? For making grooves.
I don't understand what you mean by that. New Events are possible (there are a few on the list) but they're quite a lot of work and I'd rather focus on fixing bugs and improving workflow first.
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated January 13th 2020

Post by IXix »

IX wrote:2020.01.13 - IX Magic 1.10f - x86
+ Fixed crash when clearing current Page.
+ Fixed crash when double-clicking empty space in controller maps list.
+ Implemented support for mousewheel and arrow keys in text fields.
I love easy bugs! :D Thanks @rav!
rav

Post by rav »

IXix wrote:
IX wrote:2020.01.13 - IX Magic 1.10f - x86
+ Fixed crash when clearing current Page.
+ Fixed crash when double-clicking empty space in controller maps list.
+ Implemented support for mousewheel and arrow keys in text fields.
I love easy bugs! :D Thanks @rav!
Wow, you are too fast, because i probably found something next :lol:
There is a little glitch i suppose in delay line, in events. When you enter 'On Delay' value in 'Note-Off Mode': Ignore and Instant, then its possible to enter 'Off Delay' value (texbox 'Off Delay' is activated after entering 'On Delay' value). After refreshing page this textbox is greyed out again, so i suppose in normall situation it wouldn't be activated.
rav

Post by rav »

IXix wrote:
rav wrote: - probability seems to be fake or i dont understand it - it is the same every time for each value (i rendered 2 loops and it's 100% accurate). Random rule for steps also works the same. R param in On Value textbox also. Maybe all random values are fake? :D
The random values are pseudo-random, generated by an algorithm based upon a seed value. This means the values will be the same every playback, so your song will sound the same every time. Unfortunately there's no easy way to change the seed value if you want a different sequence of numbers but that's very high on the list of things to do. I could add a true random mode if people think that would be useful.
I understand, this pseudo-random is also useful, so with seed param manipulation it would be even cooler.
Maybe consider more 'mode tokens' like: R - Random mode (pseudo), M or RM - Multi-Random mode (pseudo), T - Random mode (true), TM - Multi-Random mode (true). Example for probability textbox: 80T - 80% true random probability.
Dear user: for more predictible results use pseudo, for more randomness use true :D
IXix wrote:
rav wrote:- new event - delay? For making grooves.
I don't understand what you mean by that. New Events are possible (there are a few on the list) but they're quite a lot of work and I'd rather focus on fixing bugs and improving workflow first.
I was meaning event for just delaying purposes (without targeting machines and params), but right now i don't know it have much sense... I need to investigate more this colossus machine.

Is there a simple way to add note-off for sustained buzz notes from Magic sequencer?
IXix

Post by IXix »

rav wrote:When you enter 'On Delay' value in 'Note-Off Mode': Ignore and Instant, then its possible to enter 'Off Delay' value (texbox 'Off Delay' is activated after entering 'On Delay' value). After refreshing page this textbox is greyed out again
Thanks again, stuff like that annoys me. It won't have any effect though, any value in that box will be ignored by those modes.
rav wrote:Is there a simple way to add note-off for sustained buzz notes from Magic sequencer?
Not quite sure what you mean by that. Notes triggered by Magic will react to note-off from Buzz patterns or any MIDI notes the parent Sequence is configured to listen for, if the note-off mode is anything other than "ignore". It's possible to get hanging notes in some situations though. It can get a bit complicated with multiple triggering notes, channels and tracks.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Magic increases seriously Buzz's power, a test with custom chords and arps, saved in song, no bugs :lol:, a test for scales, I try the chord 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, major scale in fact, arp limit is 64 signs, but more notes of course, it's just perfect, the melodic design I want since a long time, a melodic line is always around 80% of conjunct movements, Magic is great :dance:
test_arp_scl.7z
(6.47 KiB) Downloaded 176 times