Latency Issue.

bahador

Latency Issue.

Post by bahador »

recently some latency has got into my soundcard (m-audio delta 10/10 LT) and I don't know what is causing this unpleasant change. so when I'm recording a track through the microphone there is this annoying latency like there is a delay on your voice.

1. I'm recording in adobe audition cs6
2. recently I have only installed one program sibilius that comes with my new m-audio midi controller (if that might be the reason for the latency) which I uninstalled it already to make sure it's not anything from that software/driver and yet the latency is there.
3. I fully uninstalled my soundcard driver and reinstalled it back again.
4. I've reinstalled adobe audition as well
5. I have also installed asio4all the other day to see if that fix it and bad luck there was no change.

and still there is this annoying delay when i record any track. any idea what might be causing this? could there be any damage to my sound card hardware wise or could it be any lack of memory?
your help and comments are highly appreciated.
Last edited by bahador on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelon

Re: Latency Issue.

Post by Evelon »

Since I didn't see you write anything about it - did you accidentally change you audio interface buffer settings?
bahador

Post by bahador »

Hi Evelon, I have not changed any setting on the control panel of my soundcard nor any of other soundcard related stuffs. Like I said it got into it completely out of the blue.

---------- I read some related reports on m-audio forums and some people were talking about usb connections that might eat your cpu and by unplugging them you will save the recording latency, I can't reach my box right now to see if it works or not but could that be of a considerable issue to you?

--------------------------------------- Today I tested recording my vocals with all usb connections unplugged and again there was not any change until I changed the buffersize to 64 which is a bit weird cuz before this I used to record them all with he buffersize of 1024 without any echo-alike delay.
Last edited by bahador on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bahador

Post by bahador »

when setting polac asio buffer size to 1024 I have no latency or delay while playing with my controller but in adobe audition while recording my vocals through asio driver with the buffer size of 1024 I get an annoying noticeable echo alike latency so I have to set the buffer size to 64 to get rid of the echo issue, i was wondering how does this translates the issue I'm experiencing and again everything just got into it out of nowhere.

anyone has ever experienced anything similar to my issue?
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Audition is actually set as using the ASIO mode of your card and not something like DirectSound/MME yeah ? Is it just with Audition, what happens when you use another DAW like Reaper ?