how to sync peerlfo to ticks?

szaszhareen

how to sync peerlfo to ticks?

Post by szaszhareen »

I'm trying to sync the cutoff of jeskola filter3 to the tempo of a song using peerlfo. I've uploaded a quick example here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-c8Z3 ... VBOcU5sRzQ

its just a utrk, jeskola filter 3, peerlfo, and a brief wav sample, so anyone should be able to open it.

I've basically got it working the way i want it to, but it's not consistent. if you listen to the example bmx, when it loops it modulates at different frequencies depending on how long it's been playing, resulting in an inconsistent sound. I want the lfo to modulate the filter cutoff in time with the beat. on the first 16 steps, I'd like it to go from max cutoff at tick 0 to about 250hz at the 2nd tick, and repeat til the 16th tick, at which point i want to double it so that the cutoff goes from 250 hz at tick 16 to max at tick 17, and repeat til tick 31.

heres what it looks like if i program it into filter 3:

but i'd like to be able to use peerlfo to pull this off so that i can automate and adjust it at will, so i'll be able to do this at 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 of the beat and so on. i get it close, but since you cant program peerlfo's min/max parameters and can only adjust them with the mouse, i'm not able to get it precise and predictable the way i want it to be. is there a better way to do this, or something i'm missing that will make this possible? thanks! :)
thOke

Re: how to sync peerlfo to ticks?

Post by thOke »

szaszhareen wrote:
I've basically got it working the way i want it to, but it's not consistent.
enter 0000 for 'manual phase' in the PeerLFO pattern and it will keep the timing.
szaszhareen

Re: how to sync peerlfo to ticks?

Post by szaszhareen »

thanks, that did it! :mrgreen: