bypass works strange on VST

rav

bypass works strange on VST

Post by rav »

Looks like buzz built in bypass function have trouble with specyfic VST plugins like delays, reverbs, echos, etc. which have signal mixing feature(dry/wet). I prepared a file with 'Classic Reverb' VST(included to .zip). Can you try to bypass effect while playing? Try rotate mix knob too when machine is bypassed.
VST bypass.zip
(360.65 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
PS. I found something new in jeskola filter 3(build 1470). Its interesting, but filter types doesnt work. How can i back to old one, because i have some templates with this great filter. Thanks for help.
pbhs

Re: bypass works strange on VST

Post by pbhs »

This is what i have wrote about the subject in the old and glorious BuzzChurch site :
Posted: Friday July 15th, 2011 13:35

------------------------------------
Some other tests on bypass using VST and Polac Vst loader.
Buzz Build 1389 - WinXP SP3.
Polac Loader pvst_v1.1.10b16

When you "bypass" a VST fx, in the same way as a buzz effect machine (not with the Ctrl+F8 command inside the Polac VSt Loader), you can hear noise.

For testing i have used:
Qsamo --> Polac VST(TAL Reverb 2-v1.61) --> Master
Qsamo --> Polac VST(TAL Reverb 3-v0.96) --> Master

Qsamo = default preset with waveform1=sine
TAL Reverb are here : {http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-reverb}

The noise is in some way linked with the value of "Wet" signal that you can modify from the GUI of the VST effect .
Try this way :
-from the Effect GUI set the "DRY" and "WET" to 0db
-bypass the effect with right mouse machine menu
-the noise is audible (a sort of click) and also the sound of qsamo is not a clear sine wave, it seems as a tiny part of WET signal is yet mixed with DRY signal.
-now from the Effect GUI set the "WET" to minimum
-the noise is no more present

-now disable machine bypass , open the GUI and press CTRL+F8 (or from menu "Edit"->"Bypass") always with "DRY" and "WET" set to 0db, in this way we use the bypass of Polac loader
-the noise is not present.

P.S. it is obvious that you must generate some signals from qsamo, and so some notes that run in a pattern are needed.

Ciao.
I have done also some test with your BMX and the problem is still here : when using VST effects with Polac loader the bypass from the machine view don't work correctly, the bypass inside the Polac Vst CTRL+F8 work ok.
Tested with:
-Buzz build 1472
-Polac VST pvst_v1.1.10b25
-Win7

Ciao. Paolo BHS.
polac

Post by polac »

Hi, bypass does not work because of buzz's new multi-io features. No way to do bypass in this mode for a machine. If you disable the new multi-io mode via preferences->global 2 it works again.
pbhs

Post by pbhs »

Hi Polac and thanks for the quick explanation. I will do some other test.
Bye.
Paolo BHS.
rav

Post by rav »

Hello, works like a charm now ;) Respect for your great work.