An issue with kv331 synthmaster.

bahador

An issue with kv331 synthmaster.

Post by bahador »

I got this issue when running kv331 audio synthmaster that it runs with too many clicks in less than a second and whatever you do the clicks remain the same, I’m not sure if the vst is too heavy on the processor or it’s only mine that has not been installed properly or I should do some adjustments on the setting panels of this vst to make it less tough on the cpu? I was wondering if anyone here has the same issue I’m experiencing with the vst kv331 audio synthmaster and if so, have you any suggestion to fix it?
polac

Re: An issue with kv331 synthmaster.

Post by polac »

Hi, you can get rid of those clicks if you enable the "process with fixed blocksize" option in the loader preferences, at least it did work with earlier synthmaster versions.
rav

Post by rav »

Hi, polac! Since i see that, you thought about everything with your huge adapter. Yesterday i found in VST preferences a solution for annoying problem with some plugins GUI, which had troubled me for more than a year. That was 'prevent focus stealing', thank you :D
I'm just curious, why was it disabled by default? Most new VSTi's have issue with this (or most of my).

Also I found a little bug in MIDI Transpose. If you want set negative value, it makes wrong change in config.xml and crashes buzz. You can change it properly by editing xml by hand of course :)
polac

Post by polac »

rav wrote:Hi, polac! Since i see that, you thought about everything with your huge adapter. Yesterday i found in VST preferences a solution for annoying problem with some plugins GUI, which had troubled me for more than a year. That was 'prevent focus stealing', thank you :D
I'm just curious, why was it disabled by default? Most new VSTi's have issue with this (or most of my).

Also I found a little bug in MIDI Transpose. If you want set negative value, it makes wrong change in config.xml and crashes buzz. You can change it properly by editing xml by hand of course :)

Yes you are right, there seems to be a bug when saving midi transpose value to xml, i'll fix this. Regarding the "prevent focus stealing" not default, some plugins really require keyboard focus e.g. for inputting text, not just for having mousewheel support on the gui or similar small things.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Hi Frank, thanks a whole lot for your quick reply. your suggestion worked like a charm and the clicks are gone. thank you so very much.

@rav no doubt his creation is one of the best things ever happened to buzz, I see in so many different musical forums that they all refer to Polac's stuffs like his shell2vst and not only it works perfectly on buzz but it is indeed such a great asset for users of different platforms. thanks again for being here Frank.