youtube disagrees

szaszhareen

youtube disagrees

Post by szaszhareen »

:lol:

not surprisingly there are absolutely no jeskola buzz dubstep results, but apparently people are looking for them enough to convince youtube's suggestion algo to include it. zwtf
Evelon

Re: youtube disagrees

Post by Evelon »

Lol!
Shit, Oskari. What have you started?! :P
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I suspect it was from too many emails asking if Buzz could make PHAT DUBSTEP BEATZ
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

www.dubstepforum.com wrote:I can haz teh buzz wobblz?
:lol:
dukajoe

Post by dukajoe »

What's wrong with dubstep? 8-)
double07

Post by double07 »

dukajoe wrote:What's wrong with dubstep? 8-)
Nothing wrong with dubstep... brostep on the other hand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brostep#Br ... velopments
thOke

Post by thOke »

vacuum

Post by vacuum »

I don't understand...
Is the "no dubstep" thing a sort of anti-newbie feature so they will not ask how to squeez 5 ticks into 3 ticks, and such ??
I just tried to make dubstep loop and it's just a frequency modulation trick, as far as I can see. :shock:
... or shouldn't I reveal that ? :|
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

It's about someone not liking dubstep... Or just the wobwobwobwob bass maybe.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

Hmm.. , the most dubstep that I hear in the commercial media (if not all) is the annoying type of dubstep to me too.
I like the Mr Oizo Flat Beat type of wobwob bass though, and now I know how to make it, :D
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

The dubstep on TV and the mainstream (and what people generally say nowadays is dubstep) isn't dubstep, it's brostep. This is what dubstep is meant to sound like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cOC2NcbADM
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

mcbpete wrote:The dubstep on TV and the mainstream (and what people generally say nowadays is dubstep) isn't dubstep, it's brostep. This is what dubstep is meant to sound like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cOC2NcbADM
I love that track, and burial etc, but it's quite hard to find anything like it being made recently. The last time I went looking for that sort of oldschool stuff i heard 20+ tracks of what you call brostep and gave up. Any suggestions on how to separate them in searches?
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

vacuum wrote:I don't understand...
Is the "no dubstep" thing a sort of anti-newbie feature so they will not ask how to squeez 5 ticks into 3 ticks, and such ??
I just tried to make dubstep loop and it's just a frequency modulation trick, as far as I can see. :shock:
... or shouldn't I reveal that ? :|
SHHHHHHH!!!! :lol:
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

SHHHHHHH!!!! :lol:
..yes I said that half joking, because I remember a long time ago people said "the newbie-proof system works" oslt, about old buzz. :lol:

..but seriously I just realised a few days ago that if the max amplitude = 1, then multiplying 2 oscillators have also a max amp = 1,
so then I understood why I read a long time ago how you can control one osc by a low frequency osc. It just didn't come to my mind.
.. I just used to think more like multiplying larg numbers that get huge when multiplying. :ugeek:

..but the wobwobwob bass is often more complex with filters or al kinds of oscillators ofcourse... (skrillex thinks: multiplying??? wtf)
I found multiple ways to make it wobwobwob, and if we keep talking maybe the discount on discodsp will stay a little longer :mrgreen:
I saw the videos of corona on their site. It's a tweak beast. You can even load samplesbased stuff with it :!: .. hmmm...
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

thOke wrote:"ELDERS REACT TO DUBSTEP (SKRILLEX)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgII2gDY ... e=youtu.be

and "KIDS REACT TO DUBSTEP"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ZD-EvW ... ure=relmfu

:geek:

My favorite is the lady who says: "I dunno exactly what emo is, but emo might have liked this kind of music."

hehhehehe

I still consider Kode 9 to be what dubstep should have been, he is brilliant! Skrillex doesn't make me feel like much, although got to give it to him, the man is hard working and driven.