new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

mimp

Re: Odd issue,Mopho VST editor receives midiclock wo adding

Post by mimp »

polac wrote:
Loading the 32 bit plugins as a separate process got them into buzz without crashing, unfortunately they hang on reload in the same way as the 64 bit ones.
Tried disabling the embedded gui and async load/save but neither seems to help.
Fiddled with some of the other bridge settings too but nothing seems to have improved matters.
Is it possible to save a fxb/fxp via loader editor and then reload the fxb/fxp again?
Sorry I took a while to get back to you, demo had run out and the full license only just arrived.

Had a go with your new b26.
fxp saving works fine, but loading the saved .fxp file hangs buzz.
If I try loading a fxp saved from reaper it also hangs
If I try loading a fxp saved from buzz into reaper I get a little pop-up saying 'Error version is not 1'
Loading an fxp saved with reaper back into reaper works fine

Doing a diff against the two fxp files seems to show that in reaper there's a 32 bit 1 (the format version I think) following the fxMagic number whereas in buzz there's 16 bit 1 and then a 16 bit 265 (or a 32 bit 65801 if you take all 4 bytes together) which is probably why reaper is complaining.

The only other difference between the two is that buzz seems to infer+store a program name from the filename you save it under whereas reaper leaves it blank by default.

Given buzz doesn't load the reaper fxp file anyway that's all probably irrelevant, but you never know.
mimp

Re: new pvst beta (updated 10-Oct-2012)

Post by mimp »

forgot to mention, save/loading fxb files hangs as well
polac

Post by polac »

Sorry I took a while to get back to you, demo had run out and the full license only just arrived.

Had a go with your new b26.
fxp saving works fine, but loading the saved .fxp file hangs buzz.
If I try loading a fxp saved from reaper it also hangs
If I try loading a fxp saved from buzz into reaper I get a little pop-up saying 'Error version is not 1'
Loading an fxp saved with reaper back into reaper works fine

Doing a diff against the two fxp files seems to show that in reaper there's a 32 bit 1 (the format version I think) following the fxMagic number whereas in buzz there's 16 bit 1 and then a 16 bit 265 (or a 32 bit 65801 if you take all 4 bytes together) which is probably why reaper is complaining.

The only other difference between the two is that buzz seems to infer+store a program name from the filename you save it under whereas reaper leaves it blank by default.

Given buzz doesn't load the reaper fxp file anyway that's all probably irrelevant, but you never know.
Thanks for the info, does this one work for you?

http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/vst.zip

It's the vst.exe for bridgeing x86 plugins, just copy this one your buzz folder. It's a pity that i cannot test the lexicon demos because of the ilok dongle madness. I don't think the format version is the problem though.
mimp

Post by mimp »

Had a go with the new vst.exe but same problem sadly. Yeah dongles are a pain in the arse, everyone outside the music industry did away with them in the 90s.
I've a spare iLok you are welcome to if that would help, but I totally understand if you don't have the time/inclination to mess about with one.
mimp

Post by mimp »

Some good news, going all-64 bit (i.e. 64 bit buzz + 64 bit adapter + 64 bit plugin) seems to fix it, so I guess the problem is somewhere in the bridging.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I am curious, is there a way to use pitch bend with this machine? It registers when I play with my keyboard but it does not show up on the recording.
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

mridlen wrote:I am curious, is there a way to use pitch bend with this machine? It registers when I play with my keyboard but it does not show up on the recording.
this post helped me record pitch and modulation joystick of my synth:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139

PatternXP has a pitch wheel parameter but you have to click Columns.. and select it before recording.

thanks oskari :)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Nice! Thanks for the tip, I had no idea you could select additional parameters, and conversely deselect certain parameters! Buzz has changed so much in the last couple years.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I ran into an issue where it wouldn't record my notes until I added the midi note parameter (although it would start recording after a seemingly random amount of time).

Other than this minor drawback, it works great and sounds great. Thanks again!

Edit: example http://soundcloud.com/mark-ridlen/lanie ... re-burning
mute

Re: new pvst beta (updated 06-Mar-2012)

Post by mute »

polac wrote:
mute wrote:The ASIO machines were changed awhile ago so that you only use 1, then select the outputs with the multi-io plug. Only one machine would perform output. Previously (ASIO Stereo Out/ASIO Stereo In, etc) you could add as many machines as possible and mix as needed, with the Master out also being assignable in prefs. I complained a little bit awhile ago (once the driver completely stopped working with the old asio machines and I realized how the new ones behave) so polac made it so we can have multiple asio machines again, but it appears it still needs some work.

As to why I personally prefer the 'old' way of working -- I use 10 ASIO Outputs, 1/2 is the dry send+mixed output (Master) the rest are routed to what are mostly wet-only effect setups, then run into my h/w mixer and back to my computer. I may have 1 chain connected to 3 or 4 different ASIO Outputs at a time, which does not work well with the 1 machine mindset or for overall mix control.

I do like that only 2 machines exist (instead of 4) and that they CAN do multiple channels on one machine - would make the returns much easier/cleaner machine view wise. It would seem best IMO, to combine both worlds (pasio1.2 and the new features) and also still allow Master output..
I think I found the bug now, it's somehow related to the renaming of a machine in CMachineInterface::Init(). Btw. the asio out machine is so to say an equivalent to the newer audio out machine, it's olny there for compatibility purpose. It would also work with wdm/mme drivers etc, it also changes it's names too on driver change.
I hate to go way back to this post, but I still can't get over not being able to use 'Master' as an output. Is there something within Buzz's threading or whatever else that prevents you to do this anymore with the other improvements you made? As trivial as it seems, it does wreck havok on how things are physically cabled/routed as well as fighting against settings I use in other hosts. Plus, no monitoring within Buzz (including on the wavetable/sample preview) and since the Audio machines are now control machines, you can't Mute them. It all seems so broken in terms of UI, centralized I/O control, and work flow. An example of a broken work flow: I have a huge project, routing all over the place. Somewhere towards the end I decide I want to use my RE-20 tape delay or some other external effect. I add an Audio Output. All other output is now broken because Master doesn't work. I have to add a new output machine for the Master out, then carefully note all previous "Master" connections' db settings/pans/etc., connect those chains to the new output, and restore all values.

Anyways...Chance/no chance? Do we need to nicely beg Oskari for something in order for this to be possible again?
mute

Post by mute »

btw.. forgive me if i'm too after my point. old habbits die hard ;) in the end, nothin but love.
polac

Post by polac »

I hate to go way back to this post, but I still can't get over not being able to use 'Master' as an output. Is there something within Buzz's threading or whatever else that prevents you to do this anymore with the other improvements you made? As trivial as it seems, it does wreck havok on how things are physically cabled/routed as well as fighting against settings I use in other hosts. Plus, no monitoring within Buzz (including on the wavetable/sample preview) and since the Audio machines are now control machines, you can't Mute them. It all seems so broken in terms of UI, centralized I/O control, and work flow. An example of a broken work flow: I have a huge project, routing all over the place. Somewhere towards the end I decide I want to use my RE-20 tape delay or some other external effect. I add an Audio Output. All other output is now broken because Master doesn't work. I have to add a new output machine for the Master out, then carefully note all previous "Master" connections' db settings/pans/etc., connect those chains to the new output, and restore all values.

Anyways...Chance/no chance? Do we need to nicely beg Oskari for something in order for this to be possible again?
Hi, I wasn't aware that the master out did not work if an audio out machine is used too. I think I have it fixed now but I'll do some tests before uploading to see if it breaks other things.
mute

Post by mute »

see... i make a big ol dramatic post for no reason ;) glad to hear it wasn't intended. i shoulda just asked "is master supposed to stop working?" :P hope its a simple one and doesnt wreck anything
Per Lichtman

Re: new pvst beta (updated 05-Dec-2012)

Post by Per Lichtman »

Whenever I set "MIDI Clock" to "On" it seems to crash Buzz.

Here are a few things I have tried so far using midivst to output to "loopMIDI port" from LoopBE.

- Make sure "Process With Fixed Blocksize" is checked
- Make sure that I am running a Polac ASIO output driver
- Make sure that there are notes on every line of the pattern
- Disabling "Sub-Tick Timing"

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

EDIT: I've also tried setting MTC/MMC to both "off" and "MTC" and "MMC"..
polac

Post by polac »

Per Lichtman wrote:Whenever I set "MIDI Clock" to "On" it seems to crash Buzz.

Here are a few things I have tried so far using midivst to output to "loopMIDI port" from LoopBE.

- Make sure "Process With Fixed Blocksize" is checked
- Make sure that I am running a Polac ASIO output driver
- Make sure that there are notes on every line of the pattern
- Disabling "Sub-Tick Timing"

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

EDIT: I've also tried setting MTC/MMC to both "off" and "MTC" and "MMC"..
Hmm, works fine here, I'm outputting to external midi device which reacts to midi clock start/stop here. I'll try the LoopBE later. Did you add a midi device lately to your setup? This could cause such crashes if you do not rescan the midivst.dll again. You can rescan a shell vst separately via preferences->global2->scan shell.
Per Lichtman

Post by Per Lichtman »

polac wrote:Hmm, works fine here, I'm outputting to external midi device which reacts to midi clock start/stop here. I'll try the LoopBE later. Did you add a midi device lately to your setup? This could cause such crashes if you do not rescan the midivst.dll again. You can rescan a shell vst separately via preferences->global2->scan shell.
Yes, I had figured out how to re-scan it that way shortly before I tried the process. So I had re-scanned and restarted right before I tested the issue. Still no luck.

Here's some more info about the situation:

*Jeskola Buzz Build 1472 (x86)
*Windows Vista (x64) SP2
*ASIO4All v2.11 Beta1
*loopMIDI v1.0.5 (15) [with 2 ports enabled - loopMIDI Port and loopMIDI Port 1 - though "loopBE Internal MIDI" also shows up - I tried all 3 ports]
*Polac VSTi loader v1.1.10b (build 24)

You'll notice the PVSTi version isn't the newest. I had to revert a while back when I ran into various issues, though unfortunately I didn't document them clearly enough at the time to be helpful now. That shouldn't cause the problem though, should it?
Per Lichtman

Post by Per Lichtman »

It's possible the issue is related to feedback. I tried some additional ports.

*All the loopBE ports - crashes the program.
*Internal MIDI (x64) - seems to be okay, at least for the very short period I tested.
*Out to MIDI Yoke 1 -
1) Sometimes gives me a warning "MIDI Feedback detected", unless I go to "Edit> MIDI: Receive CC" and "Edit> MIDI: Receive Note" and disable both first.
2) Even if I perform step one, the program crashes as soon as I start playback after I set MIDI Clock to on.

The problem does not seem to be limited to loopBE - but Internal MIDI seems immune so far.
vaisnava

Post by vaisnava »

What happened to the "Record to Wavetable" feature? It no longer shows up into the Wavetable after recording it. Please help! That was my favorite feature.

Thanks
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

vaisnava wrote:What happened to the "Record to Wavetable" feature? It no longer shows up into the Wavetable after recording it. Please help! That was my favorite feature.

Thanks
I fully agree with this.
polac

Post by polac »

Yes, I had figured out how to re-scan it that way shortly before I tried the process. So I had re-scanned and restarted right before I tested the issue. Still no luck.

Here's some more info about the situation:

*Jeskola Buzz Build 1472 (x86)
*Windows Vista (x64) SP2
*ASIO4All v2.11 Beta1
*loopMIDI v1.0.5 (15) [with 2 ports enabled - loopMIDI Port and loopMIDI Port 1 - though "loopBE Internal MIDI" also shows up - I tried all 3 ports]
*Polac VSTi loader v1.1.10b (build 24)

You'll notice the PVSTi version isn't the newest. I had to revert a while back when I ran into various issues, though unfortunately I didn't document them clearly enough at the time to be helpful now. That shouldn't cause the problem though, should it?
Sorry for the delayed reply, now I tried also the loopbe internal midi driver without any problems here(winxp). What you could try is to load one my other waveout drivers instead of polac asio, those are supporting midi-out too. Also it shouldn't be a problem to use build 24.
What happened to the "Record to Wavetable" feature? It no longer shows up into the Wavetable after recording it. Please help! That was my favorite feature.

Thanks
It's the same issue with cng recorder, unfortunately recording to the wavetable is currently not working for machines for some time now.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1266