looking for comprehensive new & old machine index

M56P87

looking for comprehensive new & old machine index

Post by M56P87 »

Hey everyone,
Been using old buzz for a while, and just got a computer going for new buzz. Looking for someone to share any indexes they have to organize all old & new gear. I'm not readily familiar with all the new machines so to have them organized when picking out things to experiment with would be amazing. On the chance there is an obvious solution I overlooked to this please feel free to knock me over the head, but my search results haven't found anything. Thanks
sparschaeler

Re: looking for comprehensive new & old machine index

Post by sparschaeler »

try this: http://www.buzzmachines.com/indexsection.php

apart from that, I'd go for newbuzz's typing function. in machine view, just type the machine's name and you'll get a list to select it from.
M56P87

Post by M56P87 »

Yeah none of them are even close to being up to date, The keyword search is fantastic for finding something your already familair with quickly. But being that I havent used any of the new buzz machines Im left with a giagantic unsorted tree in my current index taken from old buzz. Having all those maticuliously created indexes for old buzz made learning all the new machines extremely easy when I first started...
thOke

Post by thOke »

here are the two i am using (one for old, one for new buzz) ... should be up to date, although i want to restructure them for some time now
Index.zip
(31.96 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
M56P87

Post by M56P87 »

This is perfect, thank you x 100. One quick question, what can I do to connect files I have that aren't showing up? For instance I have 90% of the reverbs, but most of them are still greyed out in the index. Do I just need to rename em?
thOke

Post by thOke »

hm ... i think i rarely renamed any machine (i probably ran a batch tool to change cases a long time ago though, but the names in the index.txt are not case sensitive).
but if you have machines that are still greyed out, the names do not match and you have to either change the name in the index or the name of the machine.

problem with renaming machines is incompatibility when you want to share a bmx.
ags

Post by ags »

thOke wrote:problem with renaming machines is incompatibility when you want to share a bmx.
Please don't do this. It won't only show missing machines when/if you share it but when you move to a new computer and re-download the machine with original name, etc.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

really like that on your index you also have it categorized by dev . awesome to see what all machines by devs im missing .