record bug

xlorite

record bug

Post by xlorite »

i never needed multitrack recording from buzz before so i never came to this problem. when i record or render project as one wav everything is fine but when i record multitrack session with sgorpi mtw some of the tracks are recorded with a delay of 100ms. delayed tracks recorded solo with the hard disk recorder have the delay as well. only tracks recorded with jeskola loop recorded are in sync.
xlorite

Re: record bug

Post by xlorite »

jeskola loop recorder would be the solution but it records useless 16bit... please help, i'm trying to get this multitrack recorded for two days with no luck :x tried a vst recorder but cant trigger record by midi...
polac

Post by polac »

You could try to use the freeze feature of pvst, it saves wavs in 32-bit float format. You can access the wavs via the freeze options(edit menu).
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

but that only helps with vsts. so until Oskari fixes this bug i have to manually realign tracks in Reaper. it's a bit more work but it's ok.

maybe it's has something to do with latency compensation? but turnig it off makes things even worse.

is there anyone who had this problem or is it just me? i remember having this problem 2 years ago when i was trying to record one track and load it in buzz to save cpu. but i gave up and forgot about this bug
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

You could try with a couple of dummy (input=output) vst's and freeze those (I guess that's what polac means).

Can't set or open freeze directory BTW, nothing happens (freeze/unfreeze is greyed out). (built 27)

Never needed to freeze anything, but maybe energy XT fx demo version would work too in case of freezing to get multi-out-recordings.
rav

Post by rav »

vacuum: update buzz :D
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

rav wrote:vacuum: update buzz :D
I did ... :shock: ;)
rav

Post by rav »

I was confused for a while, because it hadn't worked here also :D
Try to use polac drivers.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I used to have the same problem. The solution was to set up a click or beep at the beginning and route it to all tracks. Then just delete it out of your recording when you have it lined up in your other DAW.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

rav wrote:Try to use polac drivers.
.. doesn't work, but I think it can't get acces to a dir it tries to find, because still I don't know much about windows 7.

@mridlen: that would be the best way to be sure it really is lined up correctly, by seeing it visually.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I got the freeze feature to work finally! This is going to revolutionize Buzz for me :)

The sky is the limit now!
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Freeze feature does not want work with the Polac ASIO driver. Is that expected behavior?
polac

Post by polac »

mridlen wrote:Freeze feature does not want work with the Polac ASIO driver. Is that expected behavior?
Hmm it should work with all polac waveout drivers. However it doesn't work if you do not restart buzz after switching the waveout driver. Or perhaps you are using an old pasio version?