new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

mcbpete

Re: new pvst beta (updated 05-Dec-2012)

Post by mcbpete »

CyberMag wrote:Hello I have found today strange bug with omnisphere again.
Buzz.exe 32bit
omnisphere 64bit
Have you tried using the 32bit version of the VSTi - Maybe there's a problem with the 64->32 bit VSTi bridge ?
CyberMag

Post by CyberMag »

mcbpete wrote: Have you tried using the 32bit version of the VSTi - Maybe there's a problem with the 64->32 bit VSTi bridge ?
May be. But I can't reproduce bug again. During the previous work session I have 5 backup files. All of them have default preset for second omnisphere instance.
I have selected the desired preset again and save the project. On the next load all is OK, i can hear the sound from the second instance.
It seems that the bug is hard reproducable. In some specific case the preset is dropped to default...
But unfortunately I can't find straight reproduction procedure...
CyberMag

Post by CyberMag »

I have reproduced the issue with preset one more time. The sequence:
1. Use ominsphere x64 bit until it crashed for some reason :)
2. Press save ( i guess only vst64.exe process is crashed so I am able to press the save in buzz ).
3. Restart the buzz, load the song again -> the preset of the omnisphere is broken and is set to default one.

Could you please deny the saving if bridge has crashed?
CyberMag

Post by CyberMag »

One more reproduction sequence of the crash of the vst64.ext:
1. Create 3 instances of the omnisphere64 bit inside 32bit host. Select non default presets on each.
2. Select one instance and save/load fxp preset 2-3 times. As a result vst64.exe is crashed.
CyberMag

simple omnishphere crash reproduction ( may help to fix it )

Post by CyberMag »

Hello Polac! :)
I have found simple sequence of actions which reproduces the crash of the omnisphere.
1. Create a 64bit instance of omnisphere inside 32bit buzz. -> -> check the step1 in the attached shot
2. Open synt GUI.
2. Click on utility. Wait while menu will appear -> check the step2 in the attached shot
3. Press ESC key -> got screen as in the step3 -> vst64 has crashed :(
Attachments
bug_report2.png
polac

Post by polac »

Hi CyberMag, sorry for the delayed reply I'm quite busy lately. I'll take a look what happens if the x64 process crashes and one saves later on the song. It would be best if a could check out Omnisphere by myself, however i don't think that there is a demo version out, well I could try a warezed version for testing, let's see.
vaisnava

Post by vaisnava »

Suggestion:

Could you build into the VSTi Wrapper a few (or user selected amount) of LFO's that can be beat sync'd or free running to any parameter in the loaded synth/effect?

Like the VSTi Wrapper creates a drop down list of the Synths or FX Knobs\Parameter names automatically... That can then be modulated by an assigned LFO built into the VSTi Wrapper.

Possible? I think it would be revolutionary... ;)
ags

Post by ags »

peerLFO ?
polac

Post by polac »

vaisnava wrote:Suggestion:

Could you build into the VSTi Wrapper a few (or user selected amount) of LFO's that can be beat sync'd or free running to any parameter in the loaded synth/effect?

Like the VSTi Wrapper creates a drop down list of the Synths or FX Knobs\Parameter names automatically... That can then be modulated by an assigned LFO built into the VSTi Wrapper.

Possible? I think it would be revolutionary... ;)
There is a track command to do the lfo. It modulates the parameter assigned to a track.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Polac, many thanks for your VST loader. It's a magnificent piece of work. 8-)
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

IXix wrote:Polac, many thanks for your VST loader. It's a magnificent piece of work. 8-)
Agree. Incredible amount of functionality.
@vaisnava: http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/ if you haven't already taken a gander.
bahador

Post by bahador »

IXix wrote:Polac, many thanks for your VST loader. It's a magnificent piece of work. 8-)
1+ Couldn't agree more.
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Hello, I've been encountering a peculiar problem with the loaders: whenever I click and hold on any of the knobs on any VST at all, when I am gradually changing some value for instance, after a few seconds the knob freezes and stops budging and once I let go of the mouse the GUI of the plugin disappears from the screen. To get around that I've been holding for a few seconds, then letting go, then clicking on the knob again and continuing to tweak. And some issues with VST3 versions of Fab Filter plugins, the modulation sections do not pull down as they do in regular 2.4 versions, in some cases the VST3 plugs come up in an empty window. Also VST3 version of u-he's Diva crashes when I try to open up an instance. Not sure what is up, maybe it's got something to do with those manufacturers and not the loaders. Not a big deal as everything else works like a charm.
polac

Post by polac »

Tiadiad wrote:Hello, I've been encountering a peculiar problem with the loaders: whenever I click and hold on any of the knobs on any VST at all, when I am gradually changing some value for instance, after a few seconds the knob freezes and stops budging and once I let go of the mouse the GUI of the plugin disappears from the screen. To get around that I've been holding for a few seconds, then letting go, then clicking on the knob again and continuing to tweak. And some issues with VST3 versions of Fab Filter plugins, the modulation sections do not pull down as they do in regular 2.4 versions, in some cases the VST3 plugs come up in an empty window. Also VST3 version of u-he's Diva crashes when I try to open up an instance. Not sure what is up, maybe it's got something to do with those manufacturers and not the loaders. Not a big deal as everything else works like a charm.
Hi, the knob freezing cannot be fixed properly, it's an issue with older vst plugins and win7. While tweaking a knob/fader these vsts are blocking the message loop of windows completely, win7 detects this and grays out a window or closes it after some time. This didn't happen with earlier windows versions.

The u-he vst3 problem was known to me it happens also with Ace or Podolski here. Yesterday I did some debugging and found out whats going wrong, I'll upload a fix soon. I didn't check the fabfilters yet but I'll take a look.
polac

Re: new pvst beta (updated 08-Jun-2013)

Post by polac »

There's now a new pattern mode in the buzz wrappers, it's unfinished as you cannot save yet. It can be activated via ctrl+tab or via rightclickmenu->settings.
thOke

Post by thOke »

Your work is truly admirable !! thank you :!: :!:
Last edited by thOke on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Thank you so very much Frank, the new MME driver now supports all samplerates and bitrates and it truly is awesome to have MME driver back. Thank you so much again.
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Thank you for the great update Polac! My VST3's are fully operational now.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

polac wrote:There's now a new pattern mode in the buzz wrappers, it's unfinished as you cannot save yet. It can be activated via ctrl+tab or via rightclickmenu->settings.
Thanks Polac for the update, your vst loader is truly the best I've seen in any DAW. What exactly is the purpose of this new pattern mode though? I've figured out how to bring it up but don't really understand a reason for using it? Also I've always wondered, what does the "Inertia Fix" do in the preferences?
outsider

Post by outsider »

I love the new pattern mode, being able to work on several patterns with a better visual workflow, even bettern on dual/multi screen.