Machine database

oskari
Site Admin

Machine database

Post by oskari »

http://jeskola.net/buzz/beta/files/MachineDatabase.json

I created this based on the "giant machine collection" on buzzmachines.com. I'm planning to use it in buzz in the future but maybe someone else will find it useful too.
UNZ

Re: Machine database

Post by UNZ »

you shouldn't use the giant pack for this imho. it lacks most of the more recent machines and its a static collection of machines, never updated since 2011.

joachip wrote a webservice that gets a list of all machines on buzzmachines, you should probably talk to him to get an up to date list (that auto-updates along with bm.com).

he can probly serve this json right from bm.com.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

There are way too many technical problems with that. This is something that I can do in reasonable amount of time.

The database is going to be updated, but not that often.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

maybe someone could update the giant pack then. joachip ?
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Please update http://jeskola.net/buzz/mdb/mdb_machines.zip directly and make a changelog (it will be shown to users). I already removed machines that didn't work and added some so it's not the same as the giant machine collection anymore.
ekral

Post by ekral »

Thanks, that is great. Do you plan to update database later? For example ld mixer crashes buzz and great Antonio mixIO is missing.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

ekral wrote: ld mixer crashes buzz
working fine for me (1493).
ekral

Post by ekral »

Installer (x86) (Build 1493):

esp81

Post by esp81 »

yea, I'm getting the same crash when using ld mixer.
polac

Post by polac »

esp81 wrote:yea, I'm getting the same crash when using ld mixer.
ld mixer v1.21 is working fine with latest buzz build, however earlier ld mixers are crashing on connect.
ekral

Post by ekral »

polac wrote:ld mixer v1.21 is working fine with latest buzz build, however earlier ld mixers are crashing on connect.
You are right, ld mixer in mdb_machines.zip is v1.03 and crashes buzz, but v1.21 from http://koponen.home.xs4all.nl/beta/ works.
Candle

Post by Candle »

Sorry to dredge up an ancient thread, but does anyone have a copy of LD Mixer v.1.21? The only one I can find on Robotplanet & elsewhere is v.1.03 which does indeed crash Buzz Build 1503. I tried the above posted link, but it's dead. Any help would be awesome!

See You In The Shadows…
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Sorry to dredge up an ancient thread, but does anyone have a copy of LD Mixer v.1.21? The only one I can find on Robotplanet & elsewhere is v.1.03 which does indeed crash Buzz Build 1503. I tried the above posted link, but it's dead. Any help would be awesome!
Mag once gave a hint on some packs by tinga (tinga provided the link before):

http://zabumba.free.fr/generative/buzz.html

You can find 1.21 in the packs here, just give them the ending 7z, instead of txt (take the 7zip-free-packer to open it then), others may upload 1.21 as single file, but Tinga's brillant packs can save pro and non pro buzzers years of their lives ... ;)

btw.: in my buzz-setup under Win10 64 bit, both versions 1.21 and 1.3 work somehow with the original skin (others sometimes, somehow make it impossible for me to reopen the saved track), but the biggest surprise, in my setup I'm not able to synchronize my samples in anyway, if I use ld mixer ... Better luck to you ...!
Candle

Post by Candle »

Thank you for the link Buzztler. I had a copy of Tinga's Generators pack, but not the Effects pack. Now I have both & ld Mizer v.1.21 :dance: Should solve my Buzz Crashing problem with v.1.03

Thank you for the quick response as well!

See You In The Shadows…