PeerScale - Updated 14th August 2013

thOke

Re: PeerScale - Updated 14th August 2013

Post by thOke »

a little late ... :oops:

just wanted to confirm that it now also triggers when connected to peerchord.
problem solved. thanks a lot for your work :!:
tinga

Post by tinga »

Something changed, the subtick control, i use peerscale with peertrig, it is a very powerful triggering, doesn't matter, there are many peerscale, and maybe the subtick option was the source of the problem, i will post a video this evening.
tinga

Post by tinga »

PeerSale with subticks.
Very crappy sound, 2 micros, polac audio , corona.

http://youtu.be/vTzLzmlnB7E
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

this demo let us imagine a lot of possibilities/creations/inspiration... :idea: A LOT
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga, check your messages.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Cool demo! I never thought you could use buzz to create new physical instruments. :o
tinga

Post by tinga »

IX wrote:tinga, check your messages.
Works perfectly, and also the search engine is better now, i had some problem with highlight on notes, now it's fine, thanks a lot.
xenobioz wrote:Cool demo! I never thought you could use buzz to create new physical instruments.
Peertrig take an input 0 to 127 (i suppose), with some filtering option, this value is transmited to the param of your choice, with peerscale, the result is a melodic control via input velocity, if you use a 10$ clip microphone, you can create many instruments simultaneously, what is midi?(old school) just 0 to 127, trigger, and we make every thing with that, peer machines have no limits, only those of our imagination, IX split is the king of velocity, with a piece of wood or a string or your ass hole (sorry for the vulgarity), you can play many instruments , i suppose your synths will be great for these free interface, peerscale is very effective with peertrig, if you take an anti_flam < 10 or 20 ms, 2 or 3 is fine, dynamic 100%, and of course IX split, for chord generation, you can play on a piece of wood like that: if you play with nail, you have one note, the finger pulp play a chord, magic, it's a sort of electronic hangdrum, , but it's free you know, because Oskari has made Buzz free.
Conclusion: with Buzz, don't spend your money for a ridiculous cheap midi pad but take a ridiculous microphone and create an instrument you can play easily.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Ok, my peerscale demo is crappy, but here is the project, an old template, 2005, when i have discover peertrig, a very good trigger with awesome options, when i made this template i imagined a drummer playing with it, my friend Gustavo lives in my house since more than one year and i make these experiment with him just before he come back to Venezuela, i'm just an idiot. :evil: :twisted: :oops: :mrgreen:
If somebody could explain me what is exactly peertrig, maybe it will be useful for me, not a joke, peermachines are complex, and it's not always easy to understand what's happened, I like the statu option in accumulator.
tinga wrote:i had some problem with highlight on notes.
Sorry, was just that f... win7, an alpha software, made with some piece of code found in the rubbish of the NSA, don't care.

2 videos, all is from the player, real time, peertrig transform the signal transmited by a clip micro (10 euros) in notes via peerscale, the drummer can control melody. Volume/velocity/filtering control not yet implemented.

Gustavo Ovalles percussion + no play bmx, Corona (of course).

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwxHuGQ ... sp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwxHuGQ ... sp=sharing

These video are not public, just for see, thanks.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

very cool stuff
IXix

Post by IXix »

New builds at SourceForge. Nothing much, just the fix for tinga's subtick problem.
tinga wrote:If somebody could explain me what is exactly peertrig, maybe it will be useful for me, not a joke, peermachines are complex, and it's not always easy to understand what's happened
What don't you understand?

Videos are cool. 8-)
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

oskari wrote:very cool stuff
Yes.
Also, it looks like it would be very fun to live in your house more than one year.