Small req: sortable list in new sequencer

synthphase

Small req: sortable list in new sequencer

Post by synthphase »

I like using the new sequencer. But because I can't remember patterns after around "J", when I create a new or copy of a pattern, I often have to refer to the list on the side of the sequencer to find my new pattern's letter. The list is only the size of number of sequenced machines so the list on the side can have next to no scroll area when you don't have a lot of machines added. I was wondering if someone could devise a more clever way of getting to your last created pattern. I'm not so clever so I just thought it could reverse order or somesuch, like a date-modified descending order of patterns.
szaszhareen

Re: Small req: sortable list in new sequencer

Post by szaszhareen »

this is a cool idea, I actually never noticed this because i tend to look for the last pattern in the pattern editor drop-down. I've also been using the new sequencer pretty much exclusively, the color coding helps a lot.
sparschaeler

Post by sparschaeler »

noob question (forgive me): how can I switch to the new sequencer mode?

any plans to come up with a ctrl+g style horizontal track thing?
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Real easy. Click and drag :)

Edit: had no idea about the ctrl+g thing that's pretty cool, and then you can hold down ctrl + mouse to edit with the mouse (just stay away from the note column, or do this on an otherwise blank pattern)... awesome! New Buzz rocks!
Attachments
buzz_new_sequencer_1.PNG
buzz_new_sequencer_2.PNG
sparschaeler

Post by sparschaeler »

haha lovely done thank you!!!

what about ctrl g horizontal?

like add track - then use some sort of pxp menu, select parameter - results in a track/pattern only for one specific parameter. would need to be scalable, though.

just like in many other daws. is that in any way feasible? thx