midi problems with generators (may old ones?)

Shock0Late

midi problems with generators (may old ones?)

Post by Shock0Late »

hi

now i did try to conect some midi devices
a oxygen keyboard and a ldp8 pad device

then i selected them in the preferences as input and did assign some knobs :)
with the piano i had no problems
with the pad i cound only assign the pad's but the knobs did not react somehow
i dont know why maybe i am just too stupid :/

but then how ever i did add a hd_monsterkick generator and did try to make some noise with the midi device... no reaction with the pad or the keyboard :(

then i thoght maybe just try some other generators
now i found some work well with the midid keyboard and some not at all

i did not try all generators now ... but hd.monsterkick is not reacting on midi input but voidSynthII works well also synII works but then again sineSynthII and sine.2 are not working with midi input
but the red midi input light in the toolbar works all the time when i press some keys on the keyboard

i dont know actualy how to play hd.monsterkick with midi devices, maybe there is a solution?
or maybe some thing with some instruments is wrong ?

its also not clear to me if i should use the old mono to stereo patcher as in the old buzz or if i dont should or have to use it in the new buzz? could this be the problem or may fix the "no midi response" problem?
Shock0Late

Re: midi problems with generators (may old ones?)

Post by Shock0Late »

ok
it seems to be just not possible to play hd.monsterKick with a midi device
i found a way with pvst_v1.1.10b28 the vsti loader
i could load the hd.monsterKick into the vsti loader and some how i should be able to play it now ony my midi-piano
but when i just press a key nothing happens also if i press two keys nothing happens but then when i press three keys near to simultanous the hd.monsterKick makes a sound
but this is far away from precise, the generator is reacting a bit very randomly and only when i press 3 keys together

i guess i have to life with that until some one may will fix this problem
its not so dramatic to me, it just would have been nice if i could play this cool monsterKick with a midi device ;)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

tried IX Split?
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

mridlen wrote:tried IX Split?
i did. XD I figured it would work since monster kick is triggered by notes in pattern view, so I tried setting a layer at c4-b4 and playing the corresponding octave on my controller. it didn't work.

i also tried loading it in pvst, and was able to trigger it, but only by hitting two keys at once, and those two keys would not trigger it again after i pressed them. i would then have to hit two other keys, and even that only seemed to work at random.

wierd. :|
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

CyanPhase mC-1 I think might do the trick? But I'm not sure if it's capable of the exact timing you would get from IX Split. I was able to get IX Split to trigger notes on it, but then it crashed. Monster Kick has always been somewhat glitchy on my setup, so I haven't really used it much.
elekt

Post by elekt »

I'm not sure usr's midiwrapper still works, but it was useful a very long time ago. It's a wrapper, so you'll get a new version of the machine with some added params: http://immaterialien.de/uMw/

It's also in the Utilities section on buzzmachines.com

(Monster Kick is buggy)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

i'll give usr's midi wrapper and mc-1 a shot just for posterity. it would be easy enough to sample hd monster kick, i think the real question here is how to play drum sounds in buzz with your midi trigger pads, mpc-style, without vst. I've mulled over this question for a long time but haven't really pursued it because my controller doesn't have any pads. samplegrid seems promising for this, i'll give that a try too.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

should i put usr's midi wrapper in /gear or /gear/generators?

the readme is a little unclear on this.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

I guess you should put the files inside the zip in the gear directory (the .ini .dll and .htm)
.. and the .exe (and .txt) in the buzz root folder
.. and run the .exe before, and then (re)start buzz.