about pads

Post by magmavander »

Did you try these control pads :

korg nanopad2 or akai LPD8.

What do you think of it ?
snowglobe

Re: about pads

Post by snowglobe »

I have a couple of nanopad2s and am happy with them. Also looked at the Akai, but liked the nanopad's x/y touchpad, and decided I would rather have 16 trigger pads rather than 8 pads and 8 knobs.

magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Ah thanks :) I've read in the french famous web site audiofanzine (which exists in english, spanish, japanese, german and italian) where the korg nanopad2 was very criticized and the akai gets very good notes (it was the buyers advice)...
It seems that the black nano is different from the white. Am I wrong ?
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

magmavander wrote: the korg nanopad2 was very criticized
What were the complaints, do you remember? Certainly the editing software has a lot of room for improvement, and it sounds like installing the Akai is much more plug-n-play.
It seems that the black nano is different from the white. Am I wrong ?
As far as I know they're not meant to be different other than in color.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

it was very criticized about the quality of the material. 95% of the users said that the trigger pads fails very quickly (some people said that this happens after one week) and that you have to hit the trigger pad hardly to make it work.
Ah wait!... It was about the nanopad 1, not the nanopad 2 :mrgreen:

PS : I dont know why but the white is cheaper than the black...
white : 35€
black : 49 €
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I've heard the same negative reviews about the korg nano, although I've never tried it, so I don't know. I've just bought an akai mpd 26 that will be arriving in the mail, so hopefully it's good. I really don't know how to use pads to interact with buzz yet. I bought it more for the sliders and knobs for doing expressive control in my synthesizers, but I'm looking forward to using the pads to block out beats. I don't know if it will only be possible in a wavetable, or if I can use it with my normal drums which are the rout 808, ld clap, ld snare and kibidu doof.