new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

snowglobe

Re: new pvst beta (updated 12-Jan-2014)

Post by snowglobe »

xenobioz wrote:Using WASAPI to record from a Microphone does not work using Polac Audio In.
I got it working with MME only but it had a really high latency and lower latency sounded really bad.
If it would be possible to use WASAPI for mic recording it would be great I think.
But maybe it's hard to implement. :?:
Polac Audio In should work nicely with Polac ASIO (via ASIO4ALL if necessary).
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

snowglobe wrote: Polac Audio In should work nicely with Polac ASIO (via ASIO4ALL if necessary).
Yes, Probably it does. I was just hoping I would not need to install ASIO4ALL if WASAPI would have worked. :cry:
thOke

Post by thOke »

Hello,

I recently bought EZdrummer 2 from Toontrack and the x64 version does not load sound libraries.
Running it in a seperate process does not help.
It works for example in VSTHost or Cantabile here.

No problems with the x32 version though.

Any idea why?
polac

Post by polac »

thOke wrote:Hello,

I recently bought EZdrummer 2 from Toontrack and the x64 version does not load sound libraries.
Running it in a seperate process does not help.
It works for example in VSTHost or Cantabile here.

No problems with the x32 version though.

Any idea why?
Hi, if separate process is active, try to disable the "embedded gui" option, holding atl+ctrl when the mouse cusror hovers over the vst gui opens the bridgeing settings.
thOke

Post by thOke »

Thanks a lot, but disabling the "embedded gui" option does not make a difference.
I tried several bridging settings ... still no sound.

Not that important though ... the x32 version is working well.
Cazue

Post by Cazue »

Actually, is not working in Bitwig, maybe someone could help me out ! Btw, a fully working Bitwig demo is a click away. Thanks!
Cazue

Post by Cazue »

Sorry for the lack of information... so far I have tried mp4, mov, 3gp and Avi.

Avi is the only one "trygint to work" but it just plays the audio, and when I right click it I got all options and stuff but no video :S
polac

Post by polac »

Cazue wrote:Sorry for the lack of information... so far I have tried mp4, mov, 3gp and Avi.

Avi is the only one "trygint to work" but it just plays the audio, and when I right click it I got all options and stuff but no video :S
Hi, sounds to me that the relevant directshow filters are missing on your system. Do you have divx/xvid video decoder packages installed for example? I also was able to playback mp4/mov files here successfully with the correct decoder packages installed, don't know exactly which codec package I did install here though.
rav

Post by rav »

Hello, thanks for updating this thing, it's great!
I like this new features in built in pattern editor, like splitting and quantisation.

I found small glitch in Program changer column in pattern editor (Buzz pattern editor :))
If you set one program in pattern editor and change it to another program in your vst GUI while pattern is playing, it doesn't change to this program in pattern editor after second play.

It would be great, if you can call up actual program to pattern editor by ctrl + t :>

In some plugins it's hard to set up values in "Parameter List", because of too small resolution (0-1000). Is it possible to change it to something like in "Track Parameter Value"? I don't like "Track Parameter Value" often, because it shows values in percentages only.

Last thing, i have problem with recording automations to envelopes in Drumatic 4, it crashes Buzz. You could download demo packed in zip here.
It's a bit tricky to choose parameters with learn function, beacuse sometimes it learns layout releated parameters... or something like that.

Big thanks.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

I can confirm Drumatic 4 does crash when recording automation, though it may be a problem with the plugin. As for the learn function, you an also go to settings tab (f4) and assign parameters manually if you're having trouble with it.
polac

Post by polac »

In some plugins it's hard to set up values in "Parameter List", because of too small resolution (0-1000). Is it possible to change it to something like in "Track Parameter Value"? I don't like "Track Parameter Value" often, because it shows values in percentages only.
I suppose you are speaking about the doubleclick dialog in the parameter list, yes I could do it the track parameter value way.
Last thing, i have problem with recording automations to envelopes in Drumatic 4, it crashes Buzz. You could download demo packed in zip here.
It's a bit tricky to choose parameters with learn function, beacuse sometimes it learns layout releated parameters... or something like that.
Yes I can confirm it here too, Buzz freezes on recording the envelopes, I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

So that would increase the resolution from 1000 to around 32000 right? Sounds really nice, but would it mess up any automation on songs written with older polac versions?
polac

Post by polac »

esp81 wrote:So that would increase the resolution from 1000 to around 32000 right? Sounds really nice, but would it mess up any automation on songs written with older polac versions?
No it doesn't break anything, the track value resolution is and stays at 32767, it's only the resolution in the parameter list doubleclick dialog I'm talking about here.
As it seem it also happens with other parameters, not only the env parameters are affected. It hangs/freezes in gui thread right after calling CMICallbacks::ControlChange(), for some reason it isn't a good idea to call it here with this plugin, I'll do some more testing.
rav

Post by rav »

polac wrote:
I suppose you are speaking about the doubleclick dialog in the parameter list, yes I could do it the track parameter value way.
Yes, but would be pretty cool, if this will work for fine tuning with shift key too.
polac wrote:
As it seem it also happens with other parameters, not only the env parameters are affected. It hangs/freezes in gui thread right after calling CMICallbacks::ControlChange(), for some reason it isn't a good idea to call it here with this plugin, I'll do some more testing.
GUI is causing problem, you're right. It's possible to record params without freezing by PeerCtrl for example.
esp81 wrote:As for the learn function, you an also go to settings tab (f4) and assign parameters manually if you're having trouble with it.
I know, but it is hard if your vst have many parameters. Drumatic 4 has over 1000 :D
polac

Post by polac »

GUI is causing problem, you're right. It's possible to record params without freezing by PeerCtrl for example.
I have it working now, somehow Drumatic 4 interferes with Buzz causing a deadlock(or sort of). If I'm using a async worker thread for sending the automation to Buzz it seems to work.
rav

Post by rav »

Is it possible to set this from preferences window? Some time ago i tried many combinations with running in separate process, but with no success.
Now i do something with async processing and loading this vst freezes buzz. I needed to clear this manually from config.xml.
polac

Post by polac »

Is it possible to set this from preferences window?
Yes this is what I planned.
mute

Post by mute »

esp81 wrote:I can confirm Drumatic 4 does crash when recording automation, though it may be a problem with the plugin. As for the learn function, you an also go to settings tab (f4) and assign parameters manually if you're having trouble with it.
I own Drumatic 4 also .. loved the guys other stuff so much I just had to buy it and I don't regret it. The crashes that occur that I've seen aren't with Automation, but when trying to Auto-Learn certain paramters (and I think Randomize all via Preset Factory). I suspect it has to do with with multi-use Envelopes. Like, turning learn on and click on one of those tries to learn at least 4 parameters at one time and that's just on the current view. I havent had that problem in awhile though and to avoid it I assign certain parameters via the drop down list on F4 screen instead of using learn, such as Decay (more stuff is exposed there vs. the gui btw). I'll take another look later and if I remember - come back give & more specific details.

edit: doh, missed this comment..
I have it working now, somehow Drumatic 4 interferes with Buzz causing a deadlock(or sort of). If I'm using a async worker thread for sending the automation to Buzz it seems to work.
I do believe it has to do with the envelope editors though, fwiw..
polac

Post by polac »

but when trying to Auto-Learn certain paramters (and I think Randomize all via Preset Factory)
Confirmed here if the are also some parameters learned it will freeze on randomizing while recording. This is also fixed with the async automation option.
Cazue

Post by Cazue »

Just to confirm the vst is working on bitwig. As suggested mayber I dont have the correect Codecs installed, but I got it working using differents video foprmats. Dont remember right now but I think that Divx codec worked and wmc too. I would just suggest to try out different formats.

Awesome plugin, looking foward to use it to learn some film scoring