Pattern XP mod

tinga

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by tinga »

Very cool, the toolbar is really nice, with many good things, and the chords tool is effective, we can now make orchestration very fast, with ten different instruments or maybe more, i think that a list with only 3 sounds chords with all inversions will be useful, because lot of music never use all the other chords, except few dominants (7). More list coming soon.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Would it be useful to have the chord tool in "once" mode add note offs or delete notes in the columns not being used by the chord ? Right now when switching from a larger chord to a chord with less notes it leaves behind the extra notes from the previous larger chord in note columns if not manually deleted.
chahur

Post by chahur »

esp81 wrote:Would it be useful to have the chord tool in "once" mode add note offs or delete notes in the columns not being used by the chord ? Right now when switching from a larger chord to a chord with less notes it leaves behind the extra notes from the previous larger chord in note columns if not manually deleted.
Yes :)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I think this new pattern editor is breaking the ability to record pitch bend commands from the midi keyboard. It's either that or the polac VST loader (was build 27 and I updated to build 29). I updated both at the same time.

Normally to do this, I go to columns and check the box next to my synth. Then I set the pattern to the desired length and hit record. However, it does not record any pitch bend data when I do this. Notes are still recorded normally though.
rav

Post by rav »

I can confirm some problems with recording midi pitch wheel and midi cc. In standard editor it works as usual.

Is it possible to add scrollbar to the list of chords? If there are more than 30 positions the rest is hidden and hard to choose from the list.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

I've been having pitch wheel problems for a while too, It's been happening before installing the pattern xp mod, so I'm guessing it's a problem with build 29 of polac vst loader.

edit: Nevermind it is working properly, I was trying to use the midi pitch column in pattern xp instead of 30FE in the track parameter column. :oops:
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

It used to record to the MIDI Pitch Column when I did that. Now it does not.

Example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymdk720hhm6p8 ... l.PNG?dl=0
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Does it work again if you put back the original pattern xp .dll ? I'd test right now but am at work.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Yes, it works with the original version. I'll just stay reverted to the original until a fix can be put in place. MIDI pitch bend recording is too essential to my workflow, even though the new features are numerous and flavorful. :)
chahur

Post by chahur »

I don't have any time now, I will have a look as soon as possible.
chahur

Post by chahur »

I just had a look at the source code but I have no idea what is involved when recording midi pitch in patternXP.
Oskari please, could you point me where I should look, so I could find what I have broken ?
chahur

Post by chahur »

Added
- add scrollbar to the list of chords.
- chord tool in "once" mode delete notes in the columns not being used by the chord.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

There seems to be something wrong with the chord function in this newest version, it's adding duplicate notes to chords in once mode.. c major is showing C-E-G-G for instance, instead it should just be C-E-G right?
chahur

Post by chahur »

esp81 wrote:There seems to be something wrong with the chord function in this newest version, it's adding duplicate notes to chords in once mode.. c major is showing C-E-G-G for instance, instead it should just be C-E-G right?
Ouh là là la boulette !
That should work better now.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

wow great job! New developments in the world of buzz!

The export and import pattern features alone are totally going to change my liiife! Thank you!

Oh, feature request! :3

It seems that piano roll is the most accurate option for recording ideas directly. Recording them in pattern xp, they always seem to be off rhythmically, and it doesn't include 'note off' data. Would it be possible to add the ability to copy and paste pattern data from the piano roll into this new editor?

Thanks again for your great work!
esp81

Post by esp81 »

No need for the feature request, you can already do that as long as you're using the new midi note column under pattern xp tab instead of the old default note column (in pattern properties)...the notes get transferred over automatically from the piano roll to pattern xp. :dance:

Also I'm not sure what you mean about pattern xp not recording properly, the timing and note-offs are always recorded properly for me.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Wooooow that's amazing! Thank you!

As to the rhythmic inconsistencies, they go away when I'm using a good instrument like my akai MPD. The problem is likely my m-audio keystation. The ~escapement level is somewhere midway through the key dip so it's hard to get your rhythm right!

Luckily I have a solution in that I've just bought a kurzweil midiboard!
esp81

Post by esp81 »

onecircles wrote:Wooooow that's amazing! Thank you!
I only recently discovered it myself after somebody else here explained it to me, it's a really nice feature indeed. I think there must be a way to use the new midi note column by default because Qsamo has them on by default.
tinga

Post by tinga »

A new list of chords, from Scala, it seems that the list cannot go above 99, buzz crash, so the list is in two parts, maybe some errors, i hope no, some chords are very nice, BTDSys PeerChord has 52 chords, this list around 150.
The next one will be with only triads.

Scala Chords
chahur

Post by chahur »

added
- "Scala" chords added, 100 chords limit removed
- Interpolate can be modulated by a param