MaitoPisara

wde

MaitoPisara

Post by wde »

Hi,

(Update, May 2015)

Found out this and hammered it into an effect enabling Milkdrop 2 visualizations in Buzz. Works surprisingly well, double click switches between full screen and windowed mode. Unzip to Buzz\ folder.
  • DirectX SDK no more needed, any DX11 capable Windows machine should be ok.
  • Keys
    'n' = Next preset
    'p' = Previous preset
    'r' = Random preset
    'f' = Toggle full screen
    '1' = When in full screen mode, use the first active display on main display adapter
    '2' = When in full screen mode, use the second active display output on main display adapter (Super experimental!)
    '3' = When in full screen mode, use the third active display output on main display adapter (Insanely experimental!)
MaitoPisara.png
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 might be needed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
Attachments
MaitoPisaraBuzzMachineCode.zip
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 346 times
MaitoPisara.zip
(4.15 MiB) Downloaded 467 times
Last edited by wde on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
IXix

Re: MaitoPisara

Post by IXix »

Cool! Is it supposed to respond to keystrokes? The MD2 docs list a bunch of command keys but they don't appear to work.
wde

Post by wde »

No I don't think so. There is tons of code commented out and I think the initial goal was just to get the visualizations working.

Would be interesting to enable some additional functionality, like controlling the visualizations and presets from patterns, showing content on second screen etc.
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote:No I don't think so. There is tons of code commented out and I think the initial goal was just to get the visualizations working.
Ah okay. Just checking.
wde wrote:Would be interesting to enable some additional functionality, like controlling the visualizations and presets from patterns, showing content on second screen etc.
Absolutely! Parameter control of the visualizations would be amazing.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

:dance: :dance: :dance: This is an amazing posibility ... looks fantastic ... once someonelse posted a something similar to the MaitoPisara-thingy, but it didn't work for me, but this one does! Thank you! :ugeek:
tinga

Post by tinga »

Great, milkdrop has very cool effects (customisable)
Doesn't work for me (buzz can't find the dll) :cry: , I installed the visual studio pack, and windows says my dx version is ok, milkdrop works in winamp.
Anyway, very good project.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Does not work for me either, same case as tinga reported (can't find dll.)
Too bad, would like to see it in action :cry:
wde

Post by wde »

So there is an error message popping up when you try to add the plugin into your song, or buzz can't find MaitoPisara effect at all?

Anyway, even though you might have DX11 in your Windows OS you might not have the updated/sdk version of DX9. My suggestion would still be to install the update above (at least it requires d3dx9_43.dll and what ever that depends on).
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Thank you wde for insisting. It works now :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

:? I loaded the X64 version for visual c++ packs, instead X86, it works now, stupid mistake, sorry.
It works now :dance:
IX wrote:Absolutely! Parameter control of the visualizations would be amazing.
Yes, Buzz would be a fantastic tool for psychedelic live show. I used 12 years ago bomb with buzz.
wde

Post by wde »

DX SDK no more needed, few keys assigned to control presets.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Thanks for the update.
But it gives me an error "can't find dll"
DX11 is on my system, what do i need besides that?
Dependancy Walker shows me a lot of missing things.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Klangkulisse wrote:But it gives me an error "can't find dll"
:( Same thing here
wde

Post by wde »

Please download again. Replaced with release version this time...
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

:cry:
Still no difference. Downloaded the release version (at least I think so by using the provided link)
Same error: Can't find dll.
wde

Post by wde »

I'm guessing that some of the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages are still missing in your system. I tried to statically link some of the libs in to the dll, so could you redownload once again and see if that helps?
pac

Post by pac »

MD2 is one of the first things i ever programmed with. It's super fun because while the visualizations are running, you could press a key and the preset editing environment would come up, with an editor for modifying the shaders and everything. Fun times. Two possible bugs with MaitoPisara :

- I'm on Win7 and got a "Can't find dll" error. Putting it in dependency walker, I saw that it relies on an absent d3dcompiler_47.dll. Apparently, this DLL comes with Windows 8.1, but is not included in any update / service pack / redist for any previous Windows, so you're supposed (?) to distribute it with any application that uses it. (To fix the problem, I just went in program files, searched for the DLL, found that one is included with Firefox, and copied it to the Buzz folder.)

- Presets that use pixel shaders don't seem to work (on my computer at least). This is easy to notice because many presets just look blank or almost empty, these are the presets that rely on shaders. I guess I should test it in Winamp, but I'm pretty sure my computer and gfx card normally have no problem with shaders.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hey pac, that's what I call trouble shooting – Bang!
Thank you for your easy to do solution. :dance:
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

tinga wrote:I used 12 years ago bomb with buzz.
bomb the buzz :) ?
tinga

Post by tinga »

UNZ wrote:bomb the buzz :) ?
Yes , i think there is an audio input in bomb, work in win 95 or 98, i don't remember, now I not tried.

MaitoPisara works now on my computer with d3dcompiler_47.dll. in buzz folder, but on my laptop, some dll are missing...