changing the tempo of a track.

bahador

changing the tempo of a track.

Post by bahador »

The question might not be related to buzz but I was wondering how I can change the tempo of a recorded track? There is this vocal line that I have recorded on the tempo of 130bpm and I want to change it to 128 or 126 (the recorded vocal line) is there any software, plug-in or trick that can do that?
rajmond

Re: changing the tempo of a track.

Post by rajmond »

You can use Celemony Melodyne to change and preserve the pitch for about anything. Also wavelab and other comercial wave editors have this feature. I don't know about any free ones though...
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

btw. : Melodyne also comes as VST-plugin.
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

You can get a free version of Ableton 8 Lite if you are registered to Soundcloud and recieve their newsletter, I am pretty sure the Lite version comes with the tempo tools. For a 1-5 bpm change its pretty cool even on fully mixed tracks.

http://blog.soundcloud.com/2012/04/02/s ... d-ableton/

If its a really small piece and loop ready (and probably not too detailed or miles away from the bpm wanted) try fitting it with Matilde's loopfit function and then pitching it with a pitchshifter = oldskool :)
thOke

Post by thOke »

pure buzz solution: use a tracker (matilde, unwield tracker) > set fixed length for the sample so that fits the desired bpm (utrck: 'stretch to x ticks', matilde: effect commands 11 & 12) > use a pitch shifting effect

energy-XT 2 also does time stretching. it comes as standalone and vst plugin. the demo is fully functional except saving.
http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0101
mute

Post by mute »

If the source tempo has a fixed tempo you can divide the target tempo by the original and that will give you the strecth ratio to use in stuff like audition
double07

Post by double07 »

mute wrote:If the source tempo has a fixed tempo you can divide the target tempo by the original and that will give you the strecth ratio to use in stuff like audition
Yeah I'm with mute here, you'll get better quality results if you pre process it in a stand alone program like Audition.