bigyo parameq graph suddenly stopped working

szaszhareen

bigyo parameq graph suddenly stopped working

Post by szaszhareen »

I recently started using bigyo's parameq 1.4 and quickly became obsessed because of it's cool graph. started putting it on everything. it used to be that i could adjust the frequency and gain and watch the graph move in real time.

today i checked out some of his other eqs (15, 20, 30, lin). the graph on these works as expected, but after using these other eqs, the parameq graph quit working. the effect is still functioning, and you can update the graph by switching filter types, but it no longer updates in real time.

i've tried getting rid of the other eqs, and updating the dll for parameq 1.4, restarted buzz, restarted the computer, all to no avail. any ideas on how i can fix this? it's sad to see my new favorite effect stop working the way it should.

rav

Re: bigyo parameq graph suddenly stopped working

Post by rav »

I dont know is it a bug, but Bigyo's graphic and param EQ dont work the same way. With graphic EQ, you can change parameters without a connection (graph moves) and when you connect it works like it is set up. Meanwhile param EQ without a connection doesnt show any changes on graph, but works good when connected (actualizes graph).

However, things are different when we are talking about changing the machine presets in buzz. You can do this only when machine is connected to output. Otherwise they don't work even when parameters have changed. This is my trouble when i loads templates.

Sorry for my ignorance, but have you tried to connect something for input and output of param EQ to the master, before you start switching?

Cheers
szaszhareen

Re: bigyo parameq graph suddenly stopped working

Post by szaszhareen »

you're correct! I was setting up a master template, all effects, no instruments. i noticed this when i was trying to change a parameq template to cut high frequencies. dropped it in a machine chain with a generator and blammo! graph started working. thanks for taking the time to point this out. :mrgreen: