midi send

hundredcaws

midi send

Post by hundredcaws »

i got the situation: Hd percFM synth running via PolacVST, so i can use pianoroll patterns and import midi songs into it. beside i got regular percFM machine and some other buzz machines i want them to repeat the same notes after that polacVST. how to send signal to them? how to use midi send ?
mcbpete

Re: midi send

Post by mcbpete »

That sounds like a job for IX Split - http://www.buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=1035
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

split? checking doc now.. i dont know.. what about 'midi send' option? pvst has it. but it says ' i have never used it before. this time i tried, it says 'machines: not supported by plugin'. what about 'midi out' feature in the attributes area ?
thOke

Post by thOke »

midi send works with vst plugins (like arps, sequencers, etc. ) that do support it. it won't work with hd percfm.
additionally you can only send midi to buzz plugins that support receiving midi. hd percfm does'nt. but for those cases
you can send midi to polac midi bus and assign that to a buzz machine.
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

i set up machines like this. sfz has a midi imported pianoroll pattern, plays and i can hear it. it has midi send option enabled for midi bus. midi bus assigns percfm regular buzz machine. but i cannot hear percfm. i got 'peer' setting in midibus/attributes and midibus/midi input channel=all.
Attachments
assign.jpg
midisend.jpg
polac

Post by polac »

At first would load a vst called 'Internal MIDI'. Then load the MIDI Bus and assign it to PercFM and do Midi Send from Internal MIDI to MIDI Bus.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

polac wrote:.... Then load the MIDI Bus and assign it to PercFM .....
Woah, I had no idea you could do that. That is a great little trick ! :o
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

does not work... percfm still silent. midibus has midi input channel=all and attributes set to 'peer'. is that right ?
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

hundredcaws wrote:does not work...
Works fine here. Did you test to make sure you would get sound with a percfm pattern?
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

hundredcaws wrote:does not work... percfm still silent. midibus has midi input channel=all and attributes set to 'peer'. is that right ?
I had problems with getting Midibus to 'send' the note signal but MIDI Bus II seemed to work fine - try that one. On the right click menu of that machine there should be an extra item called something like 'Send to' (or similar) and you can leave everything else as the default values.
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

Did you test to make sure you would get sound with a percfm pattern?
that's right, i can hear percfm playing from pattern. maybe problem is my midi system down? now my midi keyboard is disconnected and my buzz cannot see any midi devices in preferences dialog. ?