Recording chords

syphilissauna

Recording chords

Post by syphilissauna »

Hey so I recently got an akai mpk mini and would like to record chords (as played naturally) into buzz .. How do I go about this?
vinnie pine

Re: Recording chords

Post by vinnie pine »

I recently bought the same controller. I just add tracks in pattern view and then record the chords as normal.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

for some reason when i do that , with any machine or vsti , Buzz isnt recording the separate notes that make up a played chord on different tracks but rather it trys to put all notes on the same track .. is there some MIDI setting you changed ?
vinnie pine

Post by vinnie pine »

Didn't change a thing. I haven't even tried the configuration software that came with it, just plugged and played.
Which machines are you using . I've mostly been using qsamo and pvst recently.
domtron

Post by domtron »

syphilissauna wrote:for some reason when i do that , with any machine or vsti , Buzz isnt recording the separate notes that make up a played chord on different tracks but rather it trys to put all notes on the same track .. is there some MIDI setting you changed ?
load "midi in",select your controller send it to a vst and in the vst preferences there is a option (mode B or so),with it enabled you can record notes separately and then send or copy the notes to a buzz machine.