URGENT HELP NEEDED ! (Solved)

RJ1

URGENT HELP NEEDED ! (Solved)

Post by RJ1 »

Hello there,

I am having seroius problem with Old-Buzz on Windows 7/32 and 64.
I moved from WinXP To Win7/32, using a EMI 1820 with 2 Midi Ports.
On XP everything worked fine.

Now every application recognizes all midi devices on that machine except Buzz.
Buzz does recognize ModiYoke Channels, but no Hardware Devices and i just can find out why.

The rest is working fine with Buzz , all Plugins work, Polac Asio ect.
Oh, BTW The Polac Loader IIRC its 1.9 or 1.1.9. something, does not see the Hardware Port either.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance !
Last edited by RJ1 on Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzztler

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED !

Post by Buzztler »

Hi RJ1,

I once had the same or similar problem.
I solved it using "Polac's Midi in". Buzz didn't recognize my midi-instruments, but "Polac's midi in" worked. I was able to choose all the midi inputs with the help of this plugin, but it is very important to use "Polac's Midi in" exactly the way the help file says, otherwise there is no chance to get it working.
So this helped for me, perhaps others have other/better/easier alternative solutions, hope it helps ... and good luck to you .

Edit: O.k. meanwhile I'm almost convinced your "EMI" is an "EMU" and a quick websearch showed that this soundcard has had a lot of sounddriver problems under Win7 for others either. I found some hints in the "Reaper-Forum" - via websearch - on some old beta drivers, which worked for some people, but all download links dead. So if you did not already install another sounddriver, try some as an alternate solution.

Another hint might be:

viewtopic.php?t=1946
RJ1

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED !

Post by RJ1 »

Thanks for the answer.
Emu of corse :D

Polac Midi in doesnt show the hardware ports either, i may have a look at the Midi Bus, forgot about that.

The EMU works on WIn7/64 but has issues with the wav recording via the windows wav port.
On Win7/32 all issues are gone. The Midi thing is definately not an EMU specific issue
because other devices like a simple USB Midi Cable arent sadly seen by buzz as well.

Rj
RJ1

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED ! (Solved)

Post by RJ1 »

ISSUE SOLVED !

A faulty / outdated wmaudio.drv was the reason for buzz not finding midi devices on win7 32/64.

-