IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

tinga

Re: IX Magic 1.15 - January 2nd, 2021

Post by tinga »

bozz wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:43 pm Let us start this collective book idea.
Yes, good idea, Magix is a very versatile machine, and the page system is great for small demos, we have to define a gear or two, one bmx with a basic gear and another one with more machines and more cpu usage. Peer machine don't use many cpu...
Snowglobe Scale Walker has 16 pages, very cool to use with Magix.
2021 was without Buzz, 2022 will be with my good old Buzz.
bozz

Post by bozz »

tinga wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:33 am Yes, good idea, Magix is a very versatile machine, and the page system is great for small demos, we have to define a gear or two, one bmx with a basic gear and another one with more machines and more cpu usage. Peer machine don't use many cpu...
I could not use Magic yet, because I could not find out how to add an "event", as the menu entry is empty here, and I can not select this menu, because it disappears when mouse overing / selecting it. Scale Walker I did not test yet, not sure if this will work in buze 0.8.9 in wine. Other than this my suggestions would be for machine candidates:
- Oomek Aggressor (bass, lead)
- anything (pads, chords) (FSM Infector maybe)
- ErsKick ... for drums
- one delay machine
- one reverb machine

All machines can be used as often as you want, but always same machines. Plus of course any peer machines, which should be the idea and topic of this "magic page project". I just want to open such a page, and it should immediately work, without any extra troubles, for getting the idea / concept of that particular page. It should never be about certain sound combinations. This would be another topic. Instead it should be something like: How can we use magic with other peer machines creatively for certain goals, in most minimal form (meaning using as few machines as possible). Later users can make as big examples as they want, but this should not be part of this page project, as this will bring only additional trouble. If anything does not work, from my side, the fun is lost again. But yeah, I want to learn magic and any peer machine which works in buze 0.8.9 in wine.
Last edited by bozz on Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bozz

Re: IX Magic 1.16 - May 4th, 2021

Post by bozz »

And yes, renaming magic to magix is cool as well!
IXix

Post by IXix »

bozz wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 amI could not use Magic yet, because I could not find out how to add an "event", as the menu entry is empty here, and I can not select this menu, because it disappears when mouse overing / selecting it.
Sorry to hear that. I don't have a linux machine to test on and I'm not sure how I would even go about debugging it. :(

I made a template that has one of each event type in it. If the file menu works you could load the template and set it as the default Page, then you could at least copy/paste/duplicate anything you need.

edit: The main edit menu will let you add Events if you have one or more Steps selected. Of course you might have the same problem with that menu too but it might work.
Attachments
One of each Event.zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.16a - Jan 26th, 2022

Post by IXix »

Little update, just a few fixes...
IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm 2022.01.26 IX Magic 1.16a x86,
IX Magic 1.16a x64
+ Fixed x64 memory corruption issues.
+ Fixed saving song data when an instance of Magic has been deleted.
+ Fixed handling of sharps and flats in Peer Event values.
+ Fixed broken note-offs in Peer Event values.
+ Improved behaviour when Event accumulator text is changed during playback (try to avoid resetting counters where possible.)
+ Machine version 1.16a, file version 14
I had to make a fairly significant change to a core component (list management stuff) in order to fix some memory corruption issues I was experiencing on x64. It seems to be working as intended but there's always the chance I might have overlooked something, so keep an eye out for any newly odd behaviour and let me know if you hit any problems. No changes to file format so fully compatible with current song files.

Enjoy! :D
thOke

Post by thOke »

No time for buzzing here for a while, but thank you for keeping it up!! :dance: :dance:
Candle

Post by Candle »

:dance: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :dance:

It's so great that these ultra-useful & now-indispensable machines are continually being improved. Keep up the great work IX :!:

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.16b - Feb 6th, 2022

Post by IXix »

Another bugfix update...
IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm2022.02.06 IX Magic 1.16b x86, IX Magic 1.16b x64
+ Fixed source event dropdown in Step dialog not updating properly if a single Step was selected.
+ Fixed Peer Event values discarding octave numbers (broken by 1.16a)
In a classic case of breaking one thing while fixing another, the code that fixed the sharps/flats bug in the last build caused the octave numbers to be lost. Note to self, test things more in future! :roll:
Candle wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:27 amIt's so great that these ultra-useful & now-indispensable machines are continually being improved.
It'd be even better if I didn't keep adding more bugs! :lol:
IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.16c - March 7th, 2022

Post by IXix »

Nasty crash bugfix bump.
IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm2022.03.07 IX Magic 1.16c x86, IX Magic 1.16c x64
+ Fixed potential crash caused by Reset events.
IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

Post by IXix »

Update bump. :dance:
IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm 2023.10.30 IX Magic 1.16d at buzz.robotplanet.dk
+ Fixed bug when changing Event accumulator offset
+ Fixed peer value edit not allowing entry of decimal point for percentage values
+ Added MIDI CC to set active Page
+ Improved behaviour when removing only Page
+ Suppressed various alerts (less important stuff is logged without launching a messagebox)
+ When deleting a peer target machine, alert message no longer interupts audio
edit: Note that robotplanet has separate listings for x86 and x64 versions so be sure to download the correct one.
IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

Post by IXix »

Fixed upload bump! Sorry folks there was a problem with the previous upload, soif you downloaded the above update, you'll need to download it again. :oops: